Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Thoughts on Biergarten

I have only been to WDW once since I was an adult. I have to say that the Biergarten is one of my favorite memories of the trip. I am not the type of person who likes to sit with other parties at my table but Biergarten is different... Hello... it's called Disney Spirit right? I am the type of person that says "Happy Birthday!" to kids in the park who wear the birthday badges so maybe I'm a bit crazy but this place is cool. The band and the beer make this my absolute favorite resteraunt in the WDW.

Just want to throw in that I never go for the food (although it is totally edible... some is really good too!) I go for the atmosphere. I think if you are the type of person who can enjoy a good time for that alone and not expect an outstanding meal then the BG will rock your world... just as it does mine :-)

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

We have eaten at Biergarten four times in the last couple of years. I have grown less enchanted with the food, but I absolutely LOVE the entertainment. (It may help that I am part German and my father played polka music when I was a kid).

Whatever you do, don't miss the PRETZEL BREAD! Yummy!
    Rick

Blog Entries

A friend of mine who is a chef and loves German food visited Epcot during food and wine fest for the very first time. He's never been in Epcot before, he really didn't care much for the theming, for the rides, or any of the Disney stuff (didn't really expect him too) but he did tell me that eating his fill at Biergarten was worth every dime it cost him to get into the park. I was glad to see he actually enjoyed himself at least somewhat while he was there.

I've eaten there many times and the food is amazing. Pork Schnitzel is great, like a country fried pork patty. The sausages, sauerbraten, pretzel bread all are so good I've never made it to the dessert bar. And the seating is great, unles you're a curmudgeon. Kids all get up and dance to the oom pah band. Take lots of pics to blackmail them with later. Going again on Jan 9.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sno1fan View Post
    I've eaten there many times and the food is amazing. Pork Schnitzel is great, like a country fried pork patty. The sausages, sauerbraten, pretzel bread all are so good I've never made it to the dessert bar. And the seating is great, unles you're a curmudgeon. Kids all get up and dance to the oom pah band. Take lots of pics to blackmail them with later. Going again on Jan 9.
    I will be there on Jan 10
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Biergarten is awesome. Me and my mom were sat with two couples. We ended up having the table to ourselves because neither couple cared for sharing the table. The show and beer are awesome. So is the food. I recommend getting a meal plan. It really does save money.
    "Those who say that something can not be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it."- If anyone know who said this, please let me know.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

I very much love the Biergarten. I like that I can practice my german, the food is quite authentic, the entertainment is fun, and the beer and wine flights are great. Also the cast will make mezzomix for you if you ask nicely.

I have yet to have a table service dining experience in Epcot that I did not enjoy.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Poor chicken!

We're going the week of the 25th... can't wait! I've only had the quick serve brats here, I can only imagine how wonderful the food is inside!

• hugs and peaches!!!

The pretzels are good...
    "Won't you please be my prisoner, please, please, please!"
    "I do not like the cone of shame"
    "Oh! A ball! Oh boy! Oh boy! a ball!!"
    "Hey, I know a joke! A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, "I forgot to store acorns for the winter and now I am dead." Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead."
    "I hid under your porch because I love you."

-Dug=the cutest dog ever!!

We liked the Biergarten. It is nothing super special. But at the price they charge it is one of the best values out of pocket on the whole property we thought. We went for Dinner which has a couple of things extra on the menu. The food is good solid German comfort food. Nothing exotic or fancy. They really had a nice variety of hot and cold foods to try. Service was good. The show was nice and the staff friendly. Overall it was a really fun time. If you don't like sharing a table with another group, well this probably isn't the place for you. To repeat, we thought the price was one of the better deals if you're paying out of pocket. But we calculated that the price was not sufficient to make using a meal plan credit a bargain if one is thinking about buying the meal plan.
    Last edited by WSVR; 01-07-2009 at 10:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12