Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Couple's First WDW Trip.. HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by LiTtLeMeRmAiD View Post
    Roo, you are a fantastic wealth of information!! Thanks so much!

Some of the restaurants you mentioned are already on our to-do list, I'll let you know once we've settled on our choices if we need some menu item recommendations .

Makarla, do you (or anyone else) know of some companies to check out for getting a wheelchair off-property? I didn't know this existed, and I'm definitely interested in more info.
    Please let us know what company you go with and what you decide to get, chair or scooter ok.

• Banned User

Makarla, you are my newest best friend!

I think for our purposes, it would be most convenient to use an outside company. A little more money, but we won't have to hassle with it at the beginning and end of every day, and we'd have it with us if we want it for our days strolling around the resorts and Downtown Disney as well.

Really, you MiceChatters are the best!
    Accually your going to find out side companys are cheaper. a good thing
    you did not say when you are going?

• Pirate Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    Accually your going to find out side companys are cheaper. a good thing
    you did not say when you are going?
    We're planning for first week of February. It's killing us that we can't book for '09 yet.. counting down the days.. JUST TO BOOK!
    "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Here's what I can say...

Cinderella's Royal Table (if we can get ADRs, fingers crossed)--tends to have more children and character meals...so we've not gone and have no urge to. If you go, tho, take pics and make a full report!

Coral Reef--been to Red Lobster and grew up on an island. If you go, tho, take pics and make a full report!

Chefs de France--excellent. Expensive, but excellent.

Le Cellier--see, Chefs post.

San Angel Inn--I heard that they now carry chicken mole, a truly wonderous dish. Haven't been in a long while. If you go, tho, take pics annnd, of course, make a full report!

Yak and Yeti--YOU HAVE TO TELL ME HOW THIS IS! It opened after my last visit!

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater--for the choice of foods, we couldn't justify the price. But I think you are paying for atmosphere, however, so there might be some fun here. Um, take pics? Yeah, and make a report.

Boma--Already mentioned! A great place.

California Grill--take pics annnnnnnnnnd.....
    Spirit of Aloha Show...make a review!

For as much information I can provide, I am but one person in the grande scheme. What I always tell people is, if you really wanna go, ignore me and go. Then tell me where I was wrong! That way, I feel better knowing I didn't keep you from something that you truly enjoyed.

I know you'll have a great time!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Pirate Princess

It struck me last night that if we do 'Ohana instead of Spirit of Aloha (we're really more about the food in this particular instance), and pay out of pocket for a couple of the cheaper sit-down places.. probably even share meals in those cases.. we can probably save a ton of money by doing the regular dining plan instead of the deluxe. Not totally sure about this, but I'm planning on running some numbers to check.

Thanks as usual for the good advice everyone, and I'll keep you "posted" on our decisions as they develop!

• Pirate Princess

BOOKED LAST NIGHT!!

We can call for ADRS next week. SO EXCITED!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Well since you bring it up, here are some of the places we want to try, based on the menus we drooled over.. I mean *read*.. on AllEars:

Cinderella's Royal Table (if we can get ADRs, fingers crossed)
    Coral Reef
    Chefs de France
    Le Cellier
    San Angel Inn
    Yak and Yeti
    Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
    Boma
    California Grill
    Spirit of Aloha Show

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Good luck on your ADRs! I think for the number of places, you have a great variety there...some truly wonderful places like Le Cellier. Ohana's is another option if you can't get one. Really a delicious meal and a lot of fun!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disney Princess

Here is my reccommendation: DEFINITELY get a reservation at California Grill on a night where the fireworks is showing so that way you can watch them from on top of the Contemporary resort, not to mention the food is absolutely wonderful! This is something me and my husband always do when we go!

Hi there,
    I have a couple suggestions for planning your trip! I'm not sure if it would be too late to sign up for the Dining Plan. You may or may not be familiar with it, but it the long run I have found that it saved our family a lot of money and we were able to go to our favorite restaurants, and spend a reasonable amount of money (especially considering that WDW tends to be pricey ;] )
    I loved the Coral Reef Restaurant!! The food was pretty good, but of course it depends on what you order. The atmosphere was great though! We got a table right next to the aquarium/tank and it was just beautiful!
    For each of the parks, I would recommend
    1 day: Magic, 1 1/2-2: Epcot, 1 day DAK, 1 day Studios. & of course if you want to go back for more, you can I'm assuming you're getting park ticket Hoppers, just so you can switch around parks. I always leave my shopping for the last day, when we go to Downtown Disney. They usually have a wider selection of items than at some of the stores in-park. Although the only exception would be if you see items that you like at Epcot on the world showcase (you can't find that @ DowntownD.)
    Some, though, are more impulse buyers..kinda like me but that's what I try to do at least so I don't have to walk around the parks with too much stuff.
    Hopefully this helps a little bit with budgeting (your money and time!)

You can almost always add something like the dining plan on up until a few weeks before you travel. You will not normally be penalized by upgrading your reservation, only when you downgrade. I always recommend if my client wants to add the dining plan that it be put on the reservation before the final payment date just in case.
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

• Pirate Princess

Update!!

Hey everyone!!

52 days until our trip! The balance cost of our trip is due next week and here are our details:

1/31-2/8 at All-Star Music

Park-Hopper Tix for all days of stay

Dining Plan

ADRs:
    • 2/2 Le Cellier dinner
    • 2/3 1900 Park Fare character breakfast
    • 2/3 Ohana dinner
    • 2/4 Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater dinner
    • 2/5 Coral Reef lunch
    • 2/5 San Angel Inn dinner
    • 2/6 Boma dinner
    • 2/7 Cindy's Royal Table breakfast
    • 2/7 California Grill dinner (at 7:20pm!!)
    Yay yippee yay!!

I have a couple more questions though.

1. Has anyone taken a carriage ride at Fort Wilderness or Port Orleans? Do you reserve these in advance or just catch one? Do they have a schedule?

2. Give me some "hidden treasures" you've found in our trips to the World. Specifically at the resort hotels, but parks too. A special "must-do", an off the beaten path attraction, or some extra Disney magic you accidently stumbled upon. I'd really appreciate it!!

I love you MiceChatters!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12