Question wdw vet bringing a first timer with a pace maker

any suggestions on rides to avoid? has anyone else vacationed with one and had issues? i have checked the websites but all i can come up with is wheelchair accessibility jargon. "those with heart, back, and neck injuries should bypass this ride" obviously tot is out of the question, and i surely don't mind riding HM 15000 times but i just am wondering if anyone else has travelled and has any tips.
    Thanks!!

• Disneyholic

Re: wdw vet bringing a first timer with a pace maker

Quote Originally Posted by getkrunk View Post
    any suggestions on rides to avoid? has anyone else vacationed with one and had issues? i have checked the websites but all i can come up with is wheelchair accessibility jargon. "those with heart, back, and neck injuries should bypass this ride" obviously tot is out of the question, and i surely don't mind riding HM 15000 times but i just am wondering if anyone else has travelled and has any tips.
    Thanks!!
    Well I would first suggest you have your friend speak with their doctor about it, and take the heart warnings as including pacemakers unless otherwise advised by your doctor. Most of the rides at WDW are tame compared to other theme parks, the one thing I don't know is how much of a magnetic field is generated by some rides like RRC where they have a magnetic launch system I would hate for that to disable the pacemaker right before they throw you into the corkscrew loops and all... So I would recommend to err on the side of caution and seek professional medical advice.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Rock The World

Re: wdw vet bringing a first timer with a pace maker

I'm faced with a similar problem - I'm taking a first timer with me to Orlando in February. Although he is physically fit in almost every way, he has a defibrulator fitted to his heart and cannot enter strong magnetic/electromagnetic fields. Major thrill rides are aobviously out of the question, but he's quite keen to make the most of the theme park experience. He's ridden simulators in the past with no ill-effects whatsoever, so maybe it's not as big a deal as I think it is. But I want to be sure all the same - does anyone have any experience with pacemakers and defibs?
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk