• Banned User

Our upcoming trip

Ok, so we're going back to WDW this December, to try the Xmas stuff. We will be arriving on November 29th and will be doing 10 days of WDW, and 4-5 days of other Orlando stuff. We plan on doing 3 Character meals, with one being the Cinderellas Castle, one being the Crystal Palace and we're not sure about the other one. We were thinking of doing Chef Mickey but what do you guys think?

Also, AllEars.net lists this as a good time to go in terms of crowds. What do you guys think about that, will it be nice and light?

Thanks for any input you might have.

Re: Our upcoming trip

Our tour guide on Backstage Magic was very deliberate in saying that the week after Thanksgiving until the week before Christmas is by far the quietest time of the year. And you know that's quiet because we were visiting in another low season, the week after New Years and before MLK weekend.

So based on that, you should be in great shape!
    www.gregscoasterphotos.com <- Go there, it's good!

Have you done Chef Mickey's before? If not, then you should definitely do it, it's great fun! The Garden Grill at Epcot is a good character meal as well. It's served family style rather than a buffet, but it is all you can eat. Mickey is there as well as Chip and Dale and Pluto I think. We went to Disney the full week before Thanksgiving week once and it was the lowest crowds I've ever seen. They did have the Christmas stuff then too, so it was a great time to go.

• Disneyholic

That's a great time to visit, you may see a bit of a crowd on the first day as folks may be still lingering from Thanksgiving but it shouldn't be bad at all. Make sure you pack a jacket or sweatshirt as it can get cold sometimes at that time of year especially at night (Ok well cold for Florida, still a lot warmer than it is up north!) . I would add my recommendation of Donald's Safari Breakfast in the AK, it's right by the Kilimanjaro's Safari and if you time it right you can walk right on after breakfast when the animals are out and about. Usually has Donald, Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, and Daisy in attendance.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...