Question Plans, Plans, Plans = Questions, Questions, Questions

We are going to visit WDW for the first time in October, as a surprise birthday present for our son who will be turning 11. My in-laws will also be joining us for the visit which is for 6 days/5 nights ~there will be five of us.

Our accomodations will be at the Coronado Springs Resort and we purchased the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan which is three sit down meals and two snacks daily. We chose the park hopper passes, but excluded the water parks.

I am trying my best to identify places that we'll eat at prior to the ADR date in April. I think we're going to try to do the Tusker House for breakfast one day for character dining, but what I could really use is help with daily itineraries for each park which includes good places to eat. My inlaws are used to more upscale dining than daily hamburgers and our household is pretty adventurous.

Is there anyone willing to share what they did and where they ate?

• Make The Bumping Stop

Re: Plans, Plans, Plans = Questions, Questions, Questions

In terms of going to Magic Kingdom, I would personally go to the Halloween Party at night. It is a little bit of an additional cost onto your park ticket, but aside from right around Halloween the park is virtually empty. Most of the attractions are open, there are special shows only performed during the part, and there is candy. This should help with trying to see the major attractions multiple time as well as riding anything that was missed during the day. Depending on which time in October you are going the parks can either be dead or moderately dead from my experiences.

I'm sure you will have a great time at WDW.

ps I will probably post more as I start to wake up and others start to post their thoughts.

• Sock Puppet

Oh, I definitely recommend Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge. The food here is a little more adventurous, I'd say, but really excellent. And it's buffet style so you can eat as much as you'd like! It might be a bit of a hassle to get there if you don't have a rental car, but it shouldn't be too bad.

I also really enjoyed Yak & Yeti in Animal Kingdom.

• Happy Haunt

I'm really only familiar with dining in the parks so I'll give you my favorites in each park. There are lots of great restaurants in hotels and I'm sure someone will give you those ideas as well.

The Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios will please your inlaws. It will require two of your meals per person but if you did a Signature Restaurant only once it would be worth it. Also at DHS is the Sci Fi Dine in theater. The food is pretty good but it's lots of fun and your son will LOVE it. It's my favorite place to eat at any park. Mama Melrose's has good Italian Food.

For Magic Kingdom Cinderella's Table is always a popular choice. I've never gone with someone your son's age so I don't know if that would appeal to him. It is also uses 2 meals per person. Liberty Tree Tavern has good food and is worth eating at. If you are looking for a quick service place in MK my favorite is Columbia Harbor House. They've got some great stuff on their menu and most of it isn't fried. The Plaza is another good place to eat in MK.

Epcot is personally my favorite place to eat. The food is a lot better there. The food court (Sunshine Seasons) in the Land Pavilion has good food and a wide variety. It's a good choice if your looking for quick service or a snack. Chefs de France has amazing food. If your lucky you will get to see Ratatouille, he sometimes comes around to the tables. The Coral Reef restaurant is another fun place to eat. Eating at Disney is all about what your family likes. More so at Epcot than anywhere else. I personally don't like Chinese or Japanese food so I have no idea how they are but if your family does try one out. Le Cellier Steakhouse has been popular with friends in the past.

The great thing about Epcot is that it's easy to get to. There is a ferry from Hollywood Studio and a tram from MK. So don't hesitate to make reservations in Epcot but head to MK or DHS for the rest of the day. The ferry also stops at the Swan, Dolphin, Beach, Yacht, and Boardwalk. That's a great chance to check out some other hotels and their dining options.

I'll leave AK to someone else. It's not a favorite of mine and I generally just grab something small and go somewhere else to eat.

• Make The Bumping Stop

As has been mentioned in other threads on here, try not to do too much research on everything. Taking away some of the unexpectedness of what is to come will dull your sense of excitement.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

There are lots of wonderful restaurants at Epcot and the hotels. My favorites are Rose and Crown, any of the restaurants in Japan, Jiko and/or Boma, Yak and Yeti, California Grill, O'Hana . . .

There are a ton of great options. Take some thoughts from others, and browse the link below for some reviews. It really is a shame that everything needs to be planned out in advance these days (due to the dining plan), but if you don't make your reservations, you'll likely end up with the lesser choices.

Here's a section on MiceChat with lots of Orlando restaurant reviews: Orlando Restaurant Reviews - MiceChat
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

japan at Epcot is a great choice, is also an event eating ther with the exhibition kitchen!!! France for dinner is great! Mexico for the athmosphere and Flying Fish Cafe over at the boardwalk, very nice but it also uses 2 coupons for a meal.

•   
    • Disney Dream 10/23!!

Food wise, I recommend the California Grill- get a seat about an hour and a half before wishes is scheduled to start, and you can watch the fireworks from their balcony. It's a signature, so it'll be 2 credits.

I also loved Le Cellier- the food was very good but the service was extraordinary. It was so good I left a note for the server and talked to the manager.

Ohana is great for a kid- there are coconut races and limbo, and the food is pretty good too.

Coral Reef has a great atmosphere (giant aquarium!), but the food's only okay. If you're into fish tanks or sea life, you'll love it.

If you're really looking for upscale food, stick with the signature dining locations. Since you're on the deluxe plan, you shouldn't run out of credits. The deluxe plan is a ton of food- appetizers and desserts at every meal! When we went, sometimes we split breakfast and lunch, and then each had our own dinner. If you haven't been to disneyworld before, I think that you shouldn't aim for 3 table services a day- it takes up too much time and you won't get to see the parks. If you absolutely have to have three sit down meals a day, make sure you schedule them in the same general area. Disneyworld takes a lot longer to travel around than disneyworld, even though Coronado has THE BEST buses!

October is also the Food and Wine festival in Epcot, so if you're visiting during that make sure you use some of your snack credits there! They're valid for the tapas-style food. Check out the restaurant board on the disboards.com, they have a WHOLE sub forum for the Dining Plan. Don't get me wrong, I looooove micechat, but it's definitely not a wdw centric forum.