Cool Summer at WDW question! =)

Hello everyone!

I am going to visit a friend of mine in Orlando sometime this summer, and we would like to visit WDW. Now my question is when would be a good time to go?

We are used to going to Disneyland, and we know when to go to avoid the lines, but this time we will be going in the summer and I was wondering if there was a better part of the summer that is a little less crowded. We only have two days planned for the parks (which I know is not enough!) so I would like to get to also make sure I see all the things in WDW that our family can't see in DL. Anyone out there who can give us tip/ideas or any kind of help to make the most out of our days would be a blessing.

Thanks in advance for all your replies!

• Now with 5% more insanity

Re: Summer at WDW question! =)

Nowhere close to a holiday, such as Independence Day and such. Also, right now would not be a good time to go as graduation celebrations are going on. Unfortunately, going in a time where crowds are down means dealing with a large amount of heat, but if you can handle that, then by all means go.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I always find the end of August to be less crowded...more schools have already gone back in session.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Well heat will not be my favorite part, but I do live in TX, so that's not too big an issue.

The end of August eh? Sounds like a good time to go then. We want to def see all the summer events, but since I am just over three months pregnant now we don't want to wait til I am too big to enjoy ANY of the rides. Hehe.

Thanks for the input! More advice will definitely be appreciated.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Early September is a decent time to go. Schools are back in session and it's not as hot as it is in July or August (the rainy season is pretty much over too).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeenaFaux View Post
    Well heat will not be my favorite part, but I do live in TX, so that's not too big an issue.

The end of August eh? Sounds like a good time to go then. We want to def see all the summer events, but since I am just over three months pregnant now we don't want to wait til I am too big to enjoy ANY of the rides. Hehe.

Thanks for the input! More advice will definitely be appreciated.
    Summer Nightastic ends August 14th officially...I don't know if they would extend it or not, but might be a date to consider if you don't want to miss the summer events.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• The Study of Wumbo

My family went in the last week of August last year. It was great. The only people there were from the Northeast and the UK. The only place it felt uncomfortably hot was Dinoland U.S.A.

Congratulations on the pregnancy!
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Thanks for letting me know Yoyo! I really want to be there for the summer Nightastic, so that def does matter. I will have to really plan a little quicker than I thought. Hehe

And thanks so much about the pregnancy! I know our little family is thrilled. Another Disney nerd in the making I hope! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by DeenaFaux View Post
    Thanks for letting me know Yoyo! I really want to be there for the summer Nightastic,
    Just to piggy back on the thread, but what does WDW do for Summer Nightastic. I was looking at the hours and was considering the end of August because the parks are still open late. Do the fireworks change or does a certain show not run after summer?

I know we are kinda last minute planning. I'd go in late Sept, but those hours don't look to inviting, 7pm close 0_o;