View Poll Results: WDW Visitors: Which Park Will You Spend Your 4th of July Evening At?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magic Kingdom

0 0%
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios

1 16.67%
  • Epcot

3 50.00%
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom

0 0%
  • Other/Won't Visit During July 4th

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• jonyyeh

4th of July in WDW: What Park Is Worth Your Evening (Merged)

Ok, I recently became a WDW annual passholder, and am certainly getting used to the idea that I can go to any of the theme parks when I want.

I definitely plan to spend my 4th of July weekend at WDW. However, for July 4th, which park is the best to see the fireworks? Of course, MK has Celebrate America, but it is also performed on July 3rd too. However, is the July 3rd show the same as July 4th? Meanwhile, DHS has their own special fireworks show on the 4th only, as they don't typically have a fireworks show. Of course, Epcot has IllumiNations with its special patriotic finale. DAK has no fireworks at all (it would scare the animals). Where should I spend my 4th of July?

Re: 4th of July in WDW: What Park Is Worth Your Evening

Avoid Magic Kingdom like the plague. I'd recommend watching the MK show from across the lagoon somewhere if all you want is the fireworks, but you wouldn't get the complete musical experience, etc. Personally, the 4th of July is one of the days to stay away from MK if at all possible, but then again I also wouldn't go to the place on a Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or any day with Extra Magic Hours... but that's just me.

• The Study of Wumbo

I've heard that DHS is really easy to get into and the fireworks show is good.

Or was that for New Year's Eve...?

Ask Matt Hochberg over at StudiosCentral.com
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

The MK show on the 3rd, the Epcot show on the 4th. The Studios 4th of July show was horrible last time I saw it.
    -Bill

•   

I recommend watching the MK show on the 3rd as well. Watch it from the beach at the Polynesian. There is much more to see from the lagoon than if you were actually in the park.

Option 2 is to watch the MK show on the 3rd, but from the roof of the Contemporary Resort. Make sure you are in a position to see all of the lagoon though.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

100% Epcot. I have spent the 4th in MK, EP, DHS, USF, and SWO... so many memories, and I have to say that out of all of the most pleasant was Epcot. I would not recommend spending the day there, but if you enter through the world showcase entrance, you can dine before hand at the BoardWalk, stroll over, enter the park, stroll around the World Showcase and have one heck of a magical evening!

• jonyyeh

Hmm, I definitely want the musical experience, so I think I will try to hit the MK on the 3rd, despite the crowds that will be there.

And the 4th, I guess now I have to seriously consider Epcot. I do enjoy IllumniNations, but I wonder if the Patriotic finale there outweighs the one night only fireworks at Hollywood Studios. I guess I should check it out on YouTube.

Ok. some information based on experience.....

the July 3rd show will be the same show as the July 4th.

Watching it from the Poly on either day, you will get the music and it will be crowded there too, but not quite as much as inside the park. FYI, you get the music for every MK fireworks show from the shores of the Poly Beach. stay along the pathway and the BGM speakers do pipe in the music. While not at loud as in the park, they have been upgraded recently and the volume increased to clearly audible. typically they also bring the Electrical Water Pagent floats over and they go into Stars and Stripes mode and also blast in the Patriotic music. IF they do this, the volume of the music will be just as loud as in the park and you will have an experience like no other.

Epcots Finally tag is large and impressed, however as a general rule of thumb, I do Epcot for NYE, and MK for July 4th. For MK... I always watch from the beach of the POLY. I leave the park and go to the Poly. A: its less hetic, both nights are crazy busy but the actual July 4th will litterally be wall to wall, cannot move, people in the park. B, the show is much more impressive from the Poly Beach...

Its a awe inspiring 360 degrees around the MK, but if your in the MK, half the show is behind you. If your at the poly, ALL the show is in front you all the time.

Do not try parking at the poly... it will be closed. Go to the park, and then go to the Poly from the park, or walk there from the TTC.
    Last edited by Kidgenie; 06-24-2010 at 06:15 AM. Reason: typos needed to be clearified. added a piece I forgot

If I were you, I'd be *in* a park. While I love watching fireworks from the uncrowded Polynesian beach, nothing compares to the feeling of being in the Magic Kingdom, and feeling the energy of the crowd as patriotic music plays and fireworks explode over the castle. Yes, it'll be busy, but as an AP-holder, that doesn't much matter.
    someday, when we are wiser,
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
    - Walt Disney

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

I've seen the MK and Epcot fireworks. This year I'm gonna enjoy one of the few chances to see legitimate Studios fireworks that are shot off the Great Movie Ride like the old days.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I wouldnt visit the parks on a big holiday like that but if I did it would be a tough choice between hanging around Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom or the American Adventure at Epcot. Stick with the American theming and all.

•   

This pic was taken on July 3rd last year near the entrance to the ferry.

This pic was taken July 4th from the beach at the Polynesian.

As you can see, there are many shells that can be seen only from the lagoon. On the 3rd and 4th of July the best place to view the fireworks is NOT from inside the park, IMHO.

Slighty off-topic, but you may not know that the Voices of Liberty give a special extended concert at the America Gardens Theatre on Independence Day; it's lovely and you should catch it if you get the chance.
    someday, when we are wiser,
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
    - Walt Disney

Forth of July Fireworks? Which would you go to?

I'll be at Disney World over the July 4th weekend. Which park should I go to enjoy some Forth of July Fireworks? I'm intreseted to hear from anyone who has gone to Disney World in the past on the 4th of July. Here are the "options" this year.

Magic Kingdom – “Celebrate America Fireworks” will fill the sky at 9 p.m. After the fireworks, guests can enjoy Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” of lights, music and magic at 10 p.m. and midnight. Park hours are 8 a.m.-1 a.m.
    Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Special fireworks set to a rock ‘n’ roll soundtrack will be presented at 9:50 p.m., providing guests with a bonus nighttime entertainment extravaganza to complement “Fantasmic!” (which will be at 9 and 10:30 p.m.). Park hours are 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
    Epcot – “: Reflections of Earth,” which features dazzling special effects, colorful lasers, brilliant fireworks and fiery torches all choreographed to a musical score, becomes even more dynamic on July 4 as the normal show is supplemented with a patriotic finale. The performance begins at 10 p.m. Earlier in the day, guests will be treated to the Voices of Liberty 4th of July Concert – featuring an expanded cast of singers plus the Spirit of America Fife and Drum Corps and Disney characters – at 12:30, 1:45 and 3 p.m. on the America Gardens Theatre stage. In addition, Betsy Ross will be engaging guests inside The American Adventure with storytelling, while Ben Franklin will be making appearances on the promenade near the attraction. Park hours are 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
    I think the Magic Kingdom one will be cool, but I also love IllumiNations. How much more will be added to the end of IllumiNations, and is it worth going there over say a entirely 4th of July orineted show like the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom?

Thanks!

•   

Re: Forth of July Fireworks? Which would you go to?

Howdy.

You will find some answers in this thread - http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...r-evening.html

I hope it helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast