• Banned User

Wink my Honeymoon at WDW in january...

My fiance and I decided were going to WDW for our honeymoon in Jaunary and I havent been since I was 5 and him 12.
    And I have some questions...

hows the weather? Is it super rainy?
    Were going January 9th-14th...will the parks be reallllly busy?
    Anyone know of a good honeymoon suite?
    Hows the resturant in Cinderella's castle? (ive only been to BB in DLR...is it comparble?)
    Any thing a must do?

Were planning on having a honeymoon were we can enjoy ourselves, and have some fun. Our wedding is actully in November, were just waiting after the holidays to get away from family and enjoy being newlyweds

any answers, advice or anythign else wil be greatly appericated!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: my Honeymoon at WDW in january...

From the 9th to the 14th the parks will not be busy. You'll be there just before MLK weekend. MLK weekend is really the only time for "crowds" Disney gets between President's Day and New Years. It is one of the only "down" times Florida seems to have left.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Get the buttons from Guest Relations that show you're on your honeymoon, and be sure to mention that you're on your honeymoon whenever you book a reservation. We did this and got the best seats, several free desserts, free champagne at California Grill, and etched champagne flutes at Cinderella's Royal Table.

Lots of people bag on Royal Table as overly expensive and not so fun. We went for the breakfast version and quite enjoyed it (though again, having the best seat and the free gifts helped).

Another thing you can do is register for Honeymoon items or activities through Disney. We did this and were gifted a few meals and our park tickets from wedding guests (I don't think I ever would've gone to California Grill otherwise, and it was awesome). Here's a link to the registry.

• Adventures with Duffy

We did our honeymoon at WDW. We liked the garden suite at Disney Boardwalk Inn. Its two stories, bottom floor has a sitting area, mini kitchen(a good size refrigerator and microwave), a closet, and power room. Up stairs is a bedroom and a very nice bathroom. Large shower and spa tub. Upstairs is a loaf like area, you can view down stairs.

We stayed in the suite a few nights and then switched to a reg room. Why? Keep cost down. For the reg room, we didn't ask for a water view. Just a plain reg room and got a really nice one on the 4 or 5 floor, it was a the end of a hallway, king size bed, over looking the entry to the hotel. What was so nice about it, was we were on the end so we had an extra window. I loved that. It brought in nice light, good views. It was fun to watch people come and go. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, but I really liked it.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

I heard a good Honeymoon Resort to stay in is the Port Orleans Riverside...just to throw that out there!

• Disney aficionado

Port Orleans Riverside may be the best economical and decent quality place to stay. Imagine living in a southern plantation with modern amenities. It was one of my top options in planning my WDW trip. Last year, my wife and I went to DL on our honeymoon so I could tell you all about that. Next, year we are going to WDW and I've looked into a lot of stuff already.

Any must do's well Le Cellier seems like one of the most popular restaraunts in Epcot and its prices seem reasonable. You must ride all the rides in DL that you love that they have in WDW and compare them! haha. Honeymoon buttons already mentioned is a good idea, my wife and I did that in DL.

A side note: do they have anniversary buttons? Haha we'll be going probably around our 2 year anniversary.

• Not a Crook

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    A side note: do they have anniversary buttons? Haha we'll be going probably around our 2 year anniversary.
    They do indeed. My girlfriend and I went for our one year dating anniversary in January, which was relatively awkward since everyone kept asking us how long we were married.

Riverside is definitely a good choice, especially that time of year. The resort is gorgeous and great for romantic walks, and it seems virtually deserted half the time. Also, the water taxi to Downtown Disney gives easy access to most of the evening entertainment without the hassle of the bus system.

I'd highly recommend booking California Grill for a meal during the Magic Kingdom fireworks. The view is amazing, and the wait staff specifically plans your meal's arrival around the show if you request.

• Disney Vacation Planner

Smile Re: my Honeymoon at WDW in january...

Quote Originally Posted by winder*wonder View Post
    hows the weather? Is it super rainy?
    Were going January 9th-14th...will the parks be reallllly busy?
    Anyone know of a good honeymoon suite?
    Hows the resturant in Cinderella's castle? (ive only been to BB in DLR...is it comparble?)
    Any thing a must do?

Were planning on having a honeymoon were we can enjoy ourselves, and have some fun. Our wedding is actully in November, were just waiting after the holidays to get away from family and enjoy being newlyweds.
    Congratulations!
    Our anniversary is in January as well, and we usually celebrate it with a trip to WDW.

-First of all the average rainfall for Florida in January is one of the lowest. About 2.4 inches in average. I think you have chosen a great time of year to go on your Honeymoon. I've worn shorts with a short sleeve shirt most days, taking my jeans and a jacket for the evening, Only once did I have to buy an extra jacket to add for warmth. Nothing is guaranteed on the weather, but I think you'll be pleased.

-For your week, Jan. 9th-14th, attendance is lower with the exception of the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend which is held Jan. 6th-9th, 2011 with a special "Marathon Monday" Jan. 10th for the participants. But it's still a lower attendance time of year. Don't sweat it.

-The Grand Floridian and the Wilderness Lodge both have a few Honeymoon Suites. Being they are in short supply, you must book early. You'll find the WL to be cheaper than the GF. There are many resorts though that are much cheaper, but still have nice accommodations.

-We celebrated our 25th anniversary dinner at Cinderella's Castle and watched the fireworks from the window. The dinner is called "Dreams Come True Dinner" and is hosted by the Fairy Godmother. She will observe all special occasions- as your honeymoon! Just make sure this is noted in your dining reservation. Also, we thought the food was pretty good. Maybe not California Grill, but still good. You also get a photo package that is included in the meal.

-Remember that 180 advance booking is recommended for all dining reservations. Payment in full for Cinderella's is required unless you are on the Dining Plan. For arrivals on Jan. 9th, your dining booking date was July 13th, 2010.

Hope you have a great time!!