Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Timelord

Park Hopping Question (And planning help)

I'll soon be taking my first trip to WDW in years, and am planning to do some park hopping. (Without using a car)

Below is what I've planned out. Any help would be appreciated, as I don't know if this can be done, or if I have the best transportation planned between parks. As well, will I have enough time in each park to do what I have planned? (Sat/Sun end of July)

I'm used to Disneyland, so this is just what I came up with based upon popularity of rides, what has fastpasses and what doesn't, and what I'd like to see at each park. (Also, have I left anything out of a park that is a must see?)

Thanks =)

Day 1
    Magic Kingdom (Arrive at opening)
    Space Mountain FP and ride through
    POTC
    Haunted Mansion
    PhilharMagic
    Stitch's Great Escape FP
    Tiki Room (I like Iago =p )
    Country Bear
    Hall of Presidents
    Laugh Floor
    Jungle Cruise (If needed, get a FP...lol)

Hop to Epcot about halfway through the day (Hopefully with 2-3 FP in hand)

Mission Space FP and ride through
    Spaceship Earth
    Figment
    World Pavillions
    Captain EO

Hop back to Magic Kingdom and finish up what I didn't get to in the morning and use my FP's.

Day 2
    Hollywood Studios (Arrive at opening)
    Star Tours FP and ride through
    Shows (Beauty, Mermaid, Indiana, Sounds Dangerous)
    Tower of Terror FP
    Great Movie Ride

Hop to AK halfway through the day

Expedition Everest FP and ride through
    Kali River Rapids
    Safari
    Dinosaur

Once again, any help would be appreciated =)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Park Hopping Question (And planning help)

A few things I noticed quickly...for the Studios, if you're planning on doing Midway Mania (not listed) then head to that first. Star Tours, unless the impending closing has increased crowds, shouldn't be much of a wait.

Also, I wouldn't miss the Carousel of Progress and Splash Mountain at WDW. Stitch I don't think uses FP anymore, but I could be wrong there during busy times, but I don't think that, Hall of Presidents, and Monsters Inc. will be any appreciable lines.

Also, don't miss the TTA at the Magic Kingdom and Living with the Land in EPCOT. 2 of my favorites!

Sounds Dangerous is seasonal, and I don't think is open much (if at all) anymore. I know a lot of people hate it, but I actually think it's pretty cute.

I would also try to do Winnie the Pooh in the Magic Kingdom. A much nicer version than in Disneyland.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    A few things I noticed quickly...for the Studios, if you're planning on doing Midway Mania (not listed) then head to that first. Star Tours, unless the impending closing has increased crowds, shouldn't be much of a wait.

Also, I wouldn't miss the Carousel of Progress and Splash Mountain at WDW. Stitch I don't think uses FP anymore, but I could be wrong there during busy times, but I don't think that, Hall of Presidents, and Monsters Inc. will be any appreciable lines.

Also, don't miss the TTA at the Magic Kingdom and Living with the Land in EPCOT. 2 of my favorites!

Sounds Dangerous is seasonal, and I don't think is open much (if at all) anymore. I know a lot of people hate it, but I actually think it's pretty cute.

I would also try to do Winnie the Pooh in the Magic Kingdom. A much nicer version than in Disneyland.
    To tell you the truth, Midway Mania isn't one of my favourites. I have done it to death at Disneyland, and own the Wii game, so I'm probably going to skip it. (That and the long lines)

How is Splash different from Disneyland? I thought DL had the better show?

I'll make sure to try to hit those up =)

Also, I forgot to add how I planned to get from park to park. (The directions I was given to do it easiest)

Magic Kingdom -> Epcot - Monorail to TTC then Transfer to Epcot Monorail

Hollywood Studios -> Animal Kingdom - Bus (In front of each park?)

I also forgot to mention it will be a solo trip =) (So I can get around quickly without stopping for others)

• May the F=ma be with you

Visiting both MK and EPCOT in the same day is quite a feat. You will be missing a lot of great attractions and strolling.

I would not miss Test Track, Living with the Land as yoyo said and The Seas pavilion. The Universe of Energy is a long attraction (44 minutes) but is worth seeing if you can. Also, do not miss The American Adventure.

Unfortunately time is not on your side so if MK has Extra Magic Hours that night, stay until closing at EPCOT and then head back to MK.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• WDW CM & HM fan

I was over at MK at the end of June (hopping on the TTa & having a taco salad at Peco's Bills) and I am pretty sure the FP at Stitch was being used.

I don't usually ride splash, but have been on both....the logs are different...not sure what else is.

Your running around is ambitious....good luck!
    AKA doombuggy
    1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    Unfortunately time is not on your side so if MK has Extra Magic Hours that night, stay until closing at EPCOT and then head back to MK.
    I won't be staying on site unfortunately, so even though it will be available, I won't be able to take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours =(

Quote Originally Posted by golden redhead View Post
    I was over at MK at the end of June (hopping on the TTa & having a taco salad at Peco's Bills) and I am pretty sure the FP at Stitch was being used.

I don't usually ride splash, but have been on both....the logs are different...not sure what else is.

Your running around is ambitious....good luck!
    I'm used to being able to run around DCA and DL and get everything done, but I'm not sure how much more of a larger scale WDW is since I haven't been since I was a kid.

I'm hoping that even with the scale, I'll still be able to hit up the attractions I'd like, and have enough time to enjoy myself. It will all depend on the lines though, but I'm an expert at FP's, so hopefully it works out =)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    I would not miss Test Track, Living with the Land as yoyo said and The Seas pavilion. The Universe of Energy is a long attraction (44 minutes) but is worth seeing if you can. Also, do not miss The American Adventure.
    Forgot these, but have to agree.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Your MK starting list looks pretty long. I doubt you can get through that in the first half of the day.

When you goto EPCOT, you won't need FPs for Mission Space most likely if you go Orange. Get a FP for test track instead.

To think you can do anything but walk past the World Showcase in half an afternoon is nutty.

Same thing with your DAK list. Your estimates of how long it will take to cycle through the attractions alone is way under estimated.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Your MK starting list looks pretty long. I doubt you can get through that in the first half of the day.

When you goto EPCOT, you won't need FPs for Mission Space most likely if you go Orange. Get a FP for test track instead.

To think you can do anything but walk past the World Showcase in half an afternoon is nutty.

Same thing with your DAK list. Your estimates of how long it will take to cycle through the attractions alone is way under estimated.
    Thanks for the input, as again, I have no idea of the scale.

I'm thinking of dropping AK. If I do this, I was thinking MK, Studios, and then back to MK day 1, and then Epcot day 2. (Possibly back to MK if time permits after Epcot)

Does that sound more feasible?
    Last edited by isny; 07-18-2010 at 05:02 PM.

• Pilot EdForceOne

do you have access to Extra Magic Hours?

It's tough to hit more then 2 parks in any day unless you are going back to MK for late night hours.

AK is nice to go hit everest... but that would be like going just for that one ride.. because walking through just to get to that one ride won't give you any appreciation for the park. I'd skip the rapids... too long of a wait for too short of an attraction.

If I were going really commando... I'd consider..

First start at AK, do everest - then leave for EPCOT. Get FP for test track, check out specific things in World Showcase (like a circlevision film, maybe mexico), then come back and do Nemo, Mission Space, use your test Track FP, maybe UoEnergy, then hit Spaceship earth on your way out.

This would put you around dinner time... then you could either hang out in EPCOT and do some repeats until illuminations... or head to DHS and try to pick off some lower priority attractions (or head to MK).

Then the next day I'd start first thing at DHS, do what you want, maybe head to EPCOT for a repeat on Mission Space and Spaceship earth... then head to MK and stay till close.

A bit of this is shaped by the time of year and therefore the park hours.. and any EMH openings. But since MK is always open much later then the other parks.. it's a good way for the commando to leave the MK to the end and stay till close.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    do you have access to Extra Magic Hours?

It's tough to hit more then 2 parks in any day unless you are going back to MK for late night hours.

AK is nice to go hit everest... but that would be like going just for that one ride.. because walking through just to get to that one ride won't give you any appreciation for the park. I'd skip the rapids... too long of a wait for too short of an attraction.

If I were going really commando... I'd consider..

First start at AK, do everest - then leave for EPCOT. Get FP for test track, check out specific things in World Showcase (like a circlevision film, maybe mexico), then come back and do Nemo, Mission Space, use your test Track FP, maybe UoEnergy, then hit Spaceship earth on your way out.

This would put you around dinner time... then you could either hang out in EPCOT and do some repeats until illuminations... or head to DHS and try to pick off some lower priority attractions (or head to MK).

Then the next day I'd start first thing at DHS, do what you want, maybe head to EPCOT for a repeat on Mission Space and Spaceship earth... then head to MK and stay till close.

A bit of this is shaped by the time of year and therefore the park hours.. and any EMH openings. But since MK is always open much later then the other parks.. it's a good way for the commando to leave the MK to the end and stay till close.
    It's going to be at the end of the month, so 2 weeks from now. The park hours are great this time of year.

I do wish I could take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours, but I had to stay off property, as I wanted to be close to Universal. I'll know better next time though.

• Disney aficionado

AK has some great attractions. Hard to pass up definitely. Expedition Everest is many's favorite in all the parks as well as Dinosaur which is similar to Indy in DL.

Your MK plan looks to be a bit impossible. You'll probably want to go with your second option and do MK and DHS in the same day. In my opinion you could skip some of the shows. I don't like any shows really haha. Indy is cool, but not great kind of cheasy. The stunt show has some good special effects but little substance. Never seen Mermaid / Beauty but have no desire to. If you do that, then you can get those attractions at MK and DHS all in a day. Transportation wise: from MK walk to the contemporary take the bus to DHS from there. Return trip go to the contemporary and walk to MK.

The next day. I'd start off with AK and ride those attractions you wish. If you get there first thing, your plan for AK is much more feasible and quicker. Expedition FP first thing. Ride it through too first thing. Spend the rest of the day at Epcot.
    You can take bus direct from AK to Epcot.

Hydration is key to being quick around the parks. They are enormous and will tire you out. I take a camelback full of water to the parks and am constantly sipping it.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    Thanks for the input, as again, I have no idea of the scale.

I'm thinking of dropping AK. If I do this, I was thinking MK, Studios, and then back to MK day 1, and then Epcot day 2. (Possibly back to MK if time permits after Epcot)

Does that sound more feasible?
    I think this sounds more reasonable. Mk closes most nights, it seems at 11 PM so you can return there after Studios, which closes 8/9PM. Even if you are just by yourself, its a lot of running around and the travel between the parks takes time as well. So just be prepared to possibly not get all that you want done. It all depends on the lines. But have fun!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Golden State of Mind

I was at Walt Disney World just 2 days ago,

At the Magic Kingdom...

Stitch wasn't distributing FP's all 3 days I was at the Magic Kingdom, but the wait was never longer than 5 minutes.

To be honest I think you could knock out your list but you are going to want to keep an eye on the lines for Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and Jungle Cruise they could give you some trouble.

Oh! and my biggest piece of advice if Space Mountain breaks down and you have time lurk around Space Mountain because the line will disappear and the ride is never down for as long as the cast members say it will.

EPCOT...

Mission Space never has a long line so maybe take advantage of Test Track?

Studios...

Sounds Dangerous was down both days I was there. Personally I love Lights, Motors, Action!

Animal Kingdom...

I got there early in the morning a few minutes after opening and was able to ride Expedition Everest twice, the Safari, Primeval Whirl, and Dinosaur all before 1 pm. (Without FP's) Soooooo I'd recommend switching Animal Kingdom with the Studios also AK will close before the Studios.

Just my thouhts.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Timelord

Thanks for all of the advice. Here is a revised schedule based on info from you guys. (And taking into account single rider, which I forgot about)

Here are the hours the parks are open the days I'll be there.

Magic Kingdom 9am-11pm
    Epcot 9am-9pm
    Animal Kingdom 9am-8pm
    Hollywood Studios 9am-10pm

Day 1 (All of this while keeping an eye on the popular ride lines)
    Magic Kingdom (9am-1pm)
    Grab Space Mountain FP and ride through
    POTC
    Haunted Mansion
    PhilharMagic
    Grab Stitch's Great Escape FP (if avail)
    Grab Jungle Cruise FP

Hop to Hollywood Studios around 1ish

Hollywood Studios - 1pm-4pm
    Star Tours FP and ride through
    Shows (Beauty and or Mermaid)
    Tower of Terror
    Great Movie Ride

Hop back to Magic Kingdom around 4ish

Magic Kingdom - 5pm-11pm
    Use FP's from morning
    Tiki Room (I like Iago =p )
    Country Bear
    Hall of Presidents
    Carousel of Progress

Day 2
    Animal Kingdom - 9am-11am
    Expedition Everest Single Rider (1-2 runs)
    Dinosaur

Hop to Epcot around 11ish

Epcot - 12 noon-9pm
    Mission Space
    Test Track Single Rider
    Figment
    Nemo
    World Pavillions
    Captain EO
    Spaceship Earth

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast