Do you think I could cover this?

Do you think I could go to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Islands of Adventure, Downtown Disney, Disney Golf Courses and Universal Studios in one week? Assuming I cover one each day for all the days except for one or two where I split the day up? Or would I need more time to visit all these? By cover I mean go to all the major rides and attractions at these parks.
    Last edited by guygoingtoorlando; 07-28-2010 at 08:32 AM.

• and too all a good fright

Re: Do you think I could cover this?

I don't know much outside the Disney Parks. I wouldn't make Downtown Disney a priority if you are trying to pack this much in. Its shops and restaurants. Most of the merchandise can also be found in the parks as well.

Also...which Disney golf courses do you mean --mini golf (winter summerland, fantasia gardens) or the full courses (osprey ridge, oak trail etc.). If you mean the mini golf, its fun, but your not missing much if you skip it. If you mean the full courses, there are five of them so this would definitely fill up quite a bit of your schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by flotsam_mike View Post
    I don't know much outside the Disney Parks. I wouldn't make Downtown Disney a priority if you are trying to pack this much in. Its shops and restaurants. Most of the merchandise can also be found in the parks as well.

Also...which Disney golf courses do you mean --mini golf (winter summerland, fantasia gardens) or the full courses (osprey ridge, oak trail etc.). If you mean the mini golf, its fun, but your not missing much if you skip it. If you mean the full courses, there are five of them so this would definitely fill up quite a bit of your schedule.
    All I wanted to do in Downtown was eating and the balloon ride, so I doubt it'll take much time. Yep, I meant mini golf. I don't really want to miss this stuff and I haven't booked already so I guess I'll just book a longer stay in Orlando. What do you think would be a good number of days stay to visit all these parks? I'm thinking 10-12 now, but I'm not sure.

• Not a Crook

Could you theoretically do it? Absolutely, there's nothing stopping you from going all those places in one week.

Will you be wasting your time and money trying it? Also, almost absolutely. Not even factoring exhaustion and burn out, you'll still end up rushing through the different parks at an extreme rate and won't have time to savor any of it.

Epcot requires two days to really appreciate, with one of those taken at a slow pace. Magic Kingdom usually takes two days, and Animal Kingdom and MGM take a half a day to a full day each. I'd think at least 3 days for both Universal parks, if not 4. Sea World and Busch would be a day each. Say another day for Downtown Disney and golf. That is 11 to 13 days worth of activities crammed into 7 days. Even if you managed it, you'll be so exhausted will never want to take another vacation again, and you will have barely experienced much of the things you've done.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Well, you can do Universal and IOA in one day. A day for mini golf and DTD. I mean, yeah you can but I'd take 10 to 12 days so you can really enjoy everything. And won't you want to ride the rides you like more than once?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    And won't you want to ride the rides you like more than once?
    And stop to look around once in awhile?

You don't say when you are planning to go, but heat stroke is a serious concern if you plan to push yourself this hard. We were there for a week, on property, and didn't get to see it all. And, are you traveling by yourself? I can't imagine running through the parks this quickly with another person in tow.
    A signature should go here.

• Disney aficionado

If you wish to do only the "main" highlight E-ticket attractions, yes. If you wish to cover anymore than half the parks, no. You'll simply be too exhausted. I recently was at cedar point / king's island for 2 days and a half. We rode tons of rides and walked tons of miles in the parks. At the end of the trip, we didn't care if we had another 4 hours left in the park and my favorite roller coaster was only a walk across the park away, we went back and relaxed some.

Needless to say, there are a lot more relaxing attractions at all of the parks above than roller coasters as 75% of the rides we went on at King's Island and Cedar Point were roller coasters. It's just super tiring when you do it back to back to back to back... I'd cut the golf courses except maybe one round at one and downtown disney for sure. Also, I'd probably eliminate Sea World from my plans as I'm not a fan of the ocean shows really haha.. I went there twice as a child in Ohio.

I've decided a 13 day trip would be better.
    I don't think I'll need any more time than 13 days to enjoy the parks.

• and too all a good fright

Sounds about right

• Disneyholic

Thirteen days sounds good, I would recommend you split the trip up and Stay on property at one of the three Universal hotels for the last day or so, that way you get early admission to Harry Potter at IOA lest you miss it completely and you would have front of the line access to all the other attractions which will save you considerable time. If your not driving you can get a shuttle service from WDW to Universal hotel and then back to the airport for a reasonable fee. Of the 3 I personally like the Hardrock Hotel the best over there at Universal but all 3 offer the same early admission and front of the line access.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...