Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney aficionado

A Super Tough Trip Decision

Unfortunately, I have restrictions on when I can go to Walt Disney World to June or July next summer.
    Here what makes the decision tougher:

Go the week of June 14th or June 21st and the crowds will be a little lighter, weather will be a little cooler, but the price for the delux resorts will be in regular seasons and for the WL where I plan to stay $60 higher per night. For 3 nights that is a difference of $180, plus Disney at least this year offered a greater % off later in the summer than earlier in the summer this year.

Go the week of July 18th or July 25th. It is Deluxe value season and I save $180 + maybe get a higher %age discount but more crowds, hotter sun.

Is the price difference worth the difference in conditions?
    *shrugs*! what are your opinions?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: A Super Tough Trip Decision

In either case it will be HOT - like HOT you've probably never experienced. So I doubt June vs July is going to make that much of an impact for you. In both cases it's going to be crazy hot.

We got a really bad spell last year when we went and it was close to 100deg most days and the humidity on top of it. Crazy heat.

If the money thing is an issue, I'd just go for the cheaper rates. You can't predict the weather and it's not going to vary THAT much statistically between the dates.

Look here
    Average Weather for Orlando, FL - Temperature and Precipitation

Factors you can't control.. like free dining will probably affect your experience more then the dates themselves.

Just arm yourself and roll with it.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Nothing like walking out of MCO in late August and having your smart-alec offspring say "Dad, I didn't know Disney World was on the equator...........of the sun"
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Disney aficionado

Money thing isn't that big of a deal but you don't want to throw $180 away.
    Of course, I could if I wanted to go to June just switch to the Swan/Dolphin
    whose rates don't differ much from june to july. You are right you can't control the heat or the crowds for that matter.. even though people do say there is a slight difference June to July.

HMM.. ha lol

If I wanted to save the $180 and go in June I could just choose the Swan and Dolphin whose rates don't change quite as much between the two months.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yeah June vs July concerning the heat is moot point. Both months can be BRUTALLY hot. Last year I went to Busch Gardens in June and it was close to 100 that day (it was already in the low 90's around 9am-ish). It was insane and the park was actually busier than I expected, but I survived and had fun.

This past Saturday I was at Islands of Adventure and at 9:30am it was 86 with a heat index in the upper 90's.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    We got a really bad spell last year when we went and it was close to 100deg most days and the humidity on top of it. Crazy heat.
    We were there during that heat wave, too. Luckily it prepared us for our trip to Hong Kong this summer!
    A signature should go here.

• Disney aficionado

ya, I guess I'll just wait for the value prices for the deluxe come Mid July next summer.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

You'll need the extra money to buy bottled water and sunscreen!
    A signature should go here.

• Disney aficionado

haha yes.

July 18th is my tentative Wilderness Lodge Walt Disney World Vacation.
    I'm shooting for value season on deluxes plus a 40% discount. (got a pin this year, we'll hope for a 40% one for next too!).

Speaking of water bottles / sunscreen. What is the best grocery store to get such products at coming from MCO?

• Disneyholic

1) Summer months are just plain hot but I have to say this July it was hotter in MD than it was in Orlando, and with my daughter on the swim team I was out all day in in it. A good hat even a goofy looking one is a must on those days, Columbia makes an excellent shade hat with vented top and chinstrap I highly recommend it. I like September/October a little better, it's not as hot, value season, usually get free dining and Food and Wine at Epcot but with a daughter in school I understand the need to go in the summertime..

2) Best Store? Not sure which is the best around there but I usualy stop at Publix, some folks love Wallmart as well but I find Publix is a bit smaller and you can find what you need quicker and get on your way. Most of the limo/car services that offer a free 30 min grocery stop use Publix as well. I believe the one by Sea World also has a liquor store next door in case you need to stock up. Any of them will be cheaper than droping $20 on a tube of coppertone at the gift stores on property.

I also take a Camelpak with me into the parks, 2L (~.5 gal) of water/hydration drink that actually gets lighter as the day progresses, and yes on hot summer days I have drained it completely. Use the NUMA or other fizzy tabs specifically made for hydropacks, it helps you wih your electrolytes, makes it easier to clean and it also helps to mask that wonderful WDW tapwater taste. You can find them at most sporting goods or camping stores like REI.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    I also take a Camelpak with me into the parks, 2L (~.5 gal) of water/hydration drink that actually gets lighter as the day progresses, and yes on hot summer days I have drained it completely. Use the NUMA or other fizzy tabs specifically made for hydropacks, it helps you wih your electrolytes, makes it easier to clean and it also helps to mask that wonderful WDW tapwater taste. You can find them at most sporting goods or camping stores like REI.
    Cool. Glad I met someone else who takes a Camelpak with them . Thanks for the tips on NUMA/fizzy tabs. I never knew such a product existed. I'll have to give them a try. Ya, I usually stock up on water 24 case prior to a trip to the parks and end up filling my camelpak up with them through the day.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

We take a camelback too (or did until the water part got moldy. Now i jsut use the backpack). If you fill it halfway or so with ice, then water at the hotel, it stays colder longer

go for July at Wilderness Lodge!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• 秘密のヘルツ

It's been a loooong time since I went to Disney World (17 years - waaaah), but we went from June 28th - July 4th and it was a heat I've never experienced before (or since). I went with my 65+ year old grandparents. They're both thin and were in pretty good shape at the time, though my grandma has diabetes and emphysema. We were living in Colorado at the time, and I wasn't prepared for the humidity because I'd never been anywhere more humid than Colorado yet.

We were fine wearing hats, sunglasses, shorts and tank tops. We also brought along sport bottles (like the kind that go on sport bicycles) which we refilled at every water fountain we came across, and hand fans for myself and my grandma.

I very clearly remember a boy passing out in line for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea because it was so hot. He was in the middle of the queue, where the lines wrap around and you're in the middle of everyone else in line. He was maybe 14, skinny, and I'm pretty sure he and his family were from India. I remember thinking, "Wow, it must REALLY be hot, then," because I knew how hot India supposedly gets. Kid thoughts are funny, I guess.

I suppose it's possible something else happened, but I'm pretty sure it was just the heat. It was really nasty that day, and standing still in a huge group of people doesn't really help.

• Disney aficionado

@NeverNeverLand Mine got moldy too after our honeymoon in California. I bleached it a couple times and scrubbed the inside part out. The straw had mold in it too and I cut the part with mold out. Kind of sick, I know. You can buy new bladders though, which I may do if it ever gets mold again.

@jupitertronic Do you remember what time of the year you went? 17 years, wow! Quite a bit has changed since then. I take it you go to DL more regularly?

• Calls WDW "Home".

Don't forget about the invasion of the Brazillian Tour groups in July. They are loud, obnoxious, inconsiderate and everywhere. In June, there are few if any.
    2010 Stanley Cup Champions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast