Question WDW in Late Feb or Early Mar?

Hi All,
    Help from WDW travelers! We are planning a 7-10 day trip to WDW and Universal this spring with our 6 year old son. It will be his first trip to WDW and my first in 20 years!

I am in debate about when is the best time to go to avoid crowds? I had originally planned to go over Spring Break but I'm afraid that the crowds might be too much for us to handle. I have heard that Feb and Mar are good, but that some rides and attractions might be closed then. Would the first week in Mar be a good choice or is Feb ok? Just want to see as much as we can while we're there.

I have conflicting reports from the different guidebooks and websites, some say spring break isn't that bad, others say avoid if you can. I REALLY dislike large crowds and don't want to spend our trip running from ride to ride as fast as we can to avoid the lines. We'd rather take our time and enjoy this experience

We aren't too concerned about the cooler weather, as anything will be warmer than home! Price is not as much of a concern either as I THINK going earlier will be cheaper than what I'd priced over SB! Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Any advice anyone can give is much appreciated! Thanks

• Golden State of Mind

Re: WDW in Late Feb or Early Mar?

When is spring break for you? When I was in school we had a week off in Feb and a week in April. I would say go in March you would have a better chance of getting he rides/experiences that you want.

But then again I've been in Feb. and the whether was great. There were no crowds and we got on just about everything that we wanted to.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Thanks Maverick. Our Spring Break is Mar 14-18. I've heard that is when "Spring Break" season starts and the crowds are 2nd only to July 4 , Christmas week and Easter. I'm leaning toward the 1st week in March if that has a better chance of rides being open, but not yet so crowded.

• B Funk All Star

We're looking at doing the same thing. Our kids go off track at the beginning of March so we're planning on going Feb 27-Mar 5. That also allows us to take advantage of the Free Disney Dining program. I'm assuming that it will be slower at that time which is why they are offering the promotion.

• Golden State of Mind

Oh okay, well early March is a win win wither way. Good luck, hope you both have great trips.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever