• Disney Boi

just a question [Distance from WDW to Universal and is there a bus between them?]

Hello all just wanted to know were going to WDW for the first time in december....and my question is how far is universalorlando from wdw we wanna make a stop there and is there some kind of bus that take you there and bring you back?
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 10-29-2010 at 04:27 PM.
    Disneyland trips 03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11
    Walt Disney World first trip December 11th-18th

Re: just a question

Hey there! It's about 20 minutes away. I doubt you can a Disney bus to Universal, but you can probably take the Lynx public bus system. I know that many people that were in the college program with me used to take trips there almost on a daily basis, so it shouldn't be all that far.

off topic...I suppose you know where Vandenberg is lol
    Last edited by Disneytwins; 10-27-2010 at 05:46 PM.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Proradvlx

Talking Re: just a question

I'm going to assume that you are staying onsite at one of the Disney resorts...... but even if you are staying nearby WDW, this should help:

Universal Studios is about 25-30 minutes drive from WDW. Here's a few options: If you're driving yourself, allow plenty of time, and know the route. By interstate, it's pretty quick, but traffic can be crazy!!
    Second idea: Universal Tickets - A variety of Discount Universal Studios Tickets in Orlando#
    This link is where you can pre-purchase tickets for Universal Studios, and they throw in transportation. A Mears van will pick you up at your resort, and drop you back off there. Only one catch with this: You have to prepurchase your tickets, which means you have to decide which day you want to go to Universal. If you are OK with that, this is a good deal.
    Third: Tiffany Towncar Service-Transportation from Orlando MCO Airport to Disney and Orlando Area Hotels Tiffany Town Cars. Call them, and they can take you and your family from resort to Universal, and back, in either a Town Car, Limo, or large passenger van, depending on how many people you have to move. Last time we did this, round trip price was $65, less driver tip.
    Fourth: Yellow Cab - You can call a cab from your resort main desk, and they can pick you up there. Have not done this before, but have heard that they can transfer two to four people, each way, for about $20.

So, which one would be best for you??? Hope this helps!

We'll be there in December too --- have a great holiday!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Disney does not offer bus service to Universal. You'll need to rent a car or take a taxi. And it's about 20 minutes away (or a little more if traffic is bad). Not sure how much round-trip cab fare would be, but renting a car for like one day would be around $30 or so. And Disney *does* have one or 2 rental car places on property (though you need to make a reservation at least 24 hrs in advance).

And I highly recommend buying your tickets in advance online as you'll get a cheaper price than if you buy at the park the day you go. I recommend either on Universal's site or use MC partner, Orlando Fun Tickets. I used OFT when I went to Universal in July and they were very pleasant to work with. Was also convenient they were located right across the parking lot from my hotel.

• Disney Boi

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Hey there! It's about 20 minutes away. I doubt you can a Disney bus to Universal, but you can probably take the Lynx public bus system. I know that many people that were in the college program with me used to take trips there almost on a daily basis, so it shouldn't be all that far.

off topic...I suppose you know where Vandenberg is lol
    lol yup that is 15 mins away from here
    Disneyland trips 03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11
    Walt Disney World first trip December 11th-18th

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I recommend either on Universal's site or use MC partner, Orlando Fun Tickets. I used OFT when I went to Universal in July and they were very pleasant to work with. Was also convenient they were located right across the parking lot from my hotel.
    You can't go wrong with Orlando Fun Tickets. I used to work for them, and I love them, not to mention you get a good discount. If you don't mind a LONG stroll you can walk to OFT from DTD.

Mears Shuttles pick up at WDW properties and can take you to Universal Orlando, it is 15 - 17 per person... (please correct me if I am wrong).

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Re: just a question [Distance from WDW to Universal and is there a bus between them?]

thread closed on OP's request.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...