Planning a trip for 2011

Hi Guys,

Firstly I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season. I was treated to a Mr Pricklepants of my very own so I am totally made up at the moment.

Sorry, back to business. My hubby and I are thinking of coming over in the later part of 2011 but considering the Extreme Makeover that is going on, what would be the best time to avoid the most disruption? Or should I be thinking 2012??

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Planning a trip for 2011

2013 really. But 2012 is better than 2011.
    -Bill

• Nutty about Disney parks

The construction shouldn't be a major interference (as it's taking place in an unused area of the park). But if you want to be able to experience the things that are being built there (the Be Our Guest Restaurant, The Little Mermaid Ride) then I would suggest waiting until these things are completed and opened (sometime in 2012).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    The construction shouldn't be a major interference (as it's taking place in an unused area of the park). But if you want to be able to experience the things that are being built there (the Be Our Guest Restaurant, The Little Mermaid Ride) then I would suggest waiting until these things are completed and opened (sometime in 2012).
    In all honesty, as an Orlando advocate, it is hard for me to tell someone to delay their trip, but in all sincerity if the Magic Kingdom and WDW is your destination and not hogwarts then delay it.

I say, Live each day like your last. You never know what the future holds so do it sooner than later. They will always be upgrading the parks and there will always be a reason to come back.

Thanks everyone. I am such a huge Disney fan that I would be there tomorrow if money and time was not object, so I think we are going to go ahead with the plan. Hopefully I can then talk to man into a holiday later on in 2013 to see the upgrades!

And who knows, they might have actually done something with Pleasure Island by then!!

Okay, maybe not then!

I'll be there the last week of February...hoping that between now and then I will see a new parade and perhaps "some" minor changes!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkflutterby View Post
    Thanks everyone. I am such a huge Disney fan that I would be there tomorrow if money and time was not object, so I think we are going to go ahead with the plan. Hopefully I can then talk to man into a holiday later on in 2013 to see the upgrades!

And who knows, they might have actually done something with Pleasure Island by then!!

Okay, maybe not then!
    The I have to urge you to make room to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It is a MUST if you are going to cross the pond and come to Orlando.