• Rainicorn.

First WDW trip in May! Yay!

Hi all! I obviously haven't posted here in forever!

I'm lucky enough to be staying for free with a few friends and my boyfriend at the Saratoga Springs resort from May 5-11... I am going to both WDW and Harry Potter Universe/Land/Whatever!

Any tips about Saratoga Springs? The pool looks amazing.

What's the weather like in May? I could probably look this up, but any locals want to give me any info?

Does WDW have good churros like DLR?

What's your favorite restaurant at the resort, and why? I want to pick a good one!

I am so excited!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: First WDW trip in May! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates View Post
    Hi all! I obviously haven't posted here in forever!

I'm lucky enough to be staying for free with a few friends and my boyfriend at the Saratoga Springs resort from May 5-11... I am going to both WDW and Harry Potter Universe/Land/Whatever!

Any tips about Saratoga Springs? The pool looks amazing.

What's the weather like in May? I could probably look this up, but any locals want to give me any info?

Does WDW have good churros like DLR?

What's your favorite restaurant at the resort, and why? I want to pick a good one!

I am so excited!
    Having just stayed at Saratoga Springs in October, (and being from Long Island too), it's better to use a car than take the bus or walk at the resort. We found the resort too big to be useful and the buses are the worst I have ever experienced them here, and that is coming from someone who doesn't mind the buses at all!

Also, there is a new feature pool coming to Saratoga Springs as well...in June, so if you're staying in the Paddock, remember the bus stop, pool, and laundry facility will be closed. All other pools, bus stops, and laundry facilities will be open however.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Having just stayed at Saratoga Springs in October, (and being from Long Island too), it's better to use a car than take the bus or walk at the resort. We found the resort too big to be useful and the buses are the worst I have ever experienced them here, and that is coming from someone who doesn't mind the buses at all!

Also, there is a new feature pool coming to Saratoga Springs as well...in June, so if you're staying in the Paddock, remember the bus stop, pool, and laundry facility will be closed. All other pools, bus stops, and laundry facilities will be open however.
    Thanks for the info about the pool
    Doing my research, I see that one of the biggest complaints about SSR is that it's so huge. I guess I'll take what I can get (free stay!) and stay positive.

We were planning on having the car for 2 days basically -- to shop the first day for food and to go to Universal. I don't know if renting a car the whole time is viable with our budget but we'll see if I can nudge my other tripmates.

Where on LI are you? I'm in Huntington since March. Being a SoCal native, I am perpetually cold here!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Hi RobotPirates!
    I agree w/what yoyo said (I am his wife, btw and was on that Oct trip with him!) I did really like the room we were in, though, it was a 1 br, very roomy, very comfy. Hopefully you guys will be closer to the bus stops then we are, and hopefully a bus stop near the front of the line!

For restaurants. I'd recommend California Grill at the Contemporary. It is pretty pricey, but the food is delicious! You can also watch the MK fireworks from there.

I'd also recommend LE Cellier in the Canada Pavilion in EPCOT.

BTW, I am an IL native and grew up in NY... but after living in So Cal for 5 years... I am STILL always cold, after 2 years on Long Island lol!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates View Post
    Where on LI are you? I'm in Huntington since March. Being a SoCal native, I am perpetually cold here!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    BTW, I am an IL native and grew up in NY... but after living in So Cal for 5 years... I am STILL always cold, after 2 years on Long Island lol!
    And we're in Huntington Station!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    And we're in Huntington Station!
    Holy cow. If you're ever at the Starbucks in Huntington Village... I will give you free coffee.

-- robotarmada.net --