Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Please help me with my WDW Itinerary!

Quote Originally Posted by 40 mph View Post
    I'm more interested in the main attractions, such as Kiliminjaro Safari, Expedition Everest, Tree of Life, Finding Nemo Musical, and Indiana Jones, oops I mean Dinosar
    Then I would recommend going to the Animal Kingdom. Expedition Everest's line is usually ridiculously long so I would advise bee-lining to there and getting a FastPass (if they're still available). Have a great time!

•   
    • Minion

I'm more interested in the main attractions, such as Kiliminjaro Safari, Expedition Everest, Tree of Life, Finding Nemo Musical, and Indiana Jones, oops I mean Dinosar
    Single rider for Everest is a beautiful thing!!! Get fast passes still of course but the longest i had to wait for single rider was 20 mins when the real line was at 90!! I really enjoyed Everest and Kiliminjaro a lot! Let me know what you think of Nemo I just didn't find it that great but a lot of people really like it.

• Sock Puppet

Good to know!

What's a good restaurant at Animal Kingdom?

15 minutes from the park that started it all

Good to know!

Can't go too wrong with Rainforest Cafe
    Got some kind of a Asian chicken sandwich at Yak & Yeti (prepackaged and wrapped) but surprisingly not too bad
    Pizzafari is just the typical theme park food.. pizza (obviously), american food...
    Hope you have a great trip

•   
    • Minion

Good to know!

Didn't find a good one in that park but I didn't try too many. there is a place that sells cheese stuffed pretzels that are pretty good!!! It;s on the main pathway on the right as you go towards everest!

As far as a nice, sit down restuarant in Animal Kingdom, Rainforest Cafe is about it. There is also Tusker House and Yak & Yeti, both are sit downs. I've heard both are pretty good, but I've never eaten there. They're in Africa and Asia respectively. To add confusion, there is also a Yak and Yeti walk-up that, surprisingly, does serve some decent food if you're looking for something quick and cheap. Seating has always been a problem in that area but if you're going in Feb., I can't imagine the parks being that crowded.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Seating has always been a problem in that area but if you're going in Feb., I can't imagine the parks being that crowded.
    So is February a good time to go to WDW and IOA as far as crowd sizes go?

• My cuties!

Just be aware that some schools have midwinter breaks in February around President's Day. I think the dates you're there are a bit earlier than most of these breaks, though.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Good to know!

Yak and Yeti is my favorite. I just love it. Great food and service.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

So is February a good time to go to WDW and IOA as far as crowd sizes go?
    I'm not really sure because I've only been in March and May. In May, it was nearly impossible to get a seat there but in March we didn't have to wait long before a table opened. President's Day weekend would probably have a bigger influx of people, mostly high schoolers, so I would just be aware of that. If I remember correctly, even if you can't find a table there were planters everywhere that provided a ledge to sit on that were right across the walkway.

• Sock Puppet

Other than the parks in WDW, what other places are worth checking out? Is downtown disney in FL different enough from here in CA to warrant a visit? What about The boardwalk?

I've never been to Disneyland, but Downtown Disney in Florida has a ton of restuarants, a big Disney store, a string of shops that sells some really odd stuff (one shop had Elvis, Betty Boop, Gone With The Wind, Wizard of Oz, etc. items). There is a hot air balloon ride, but I'm not sure what exactly it is because it was under construction when we went there. That's also where Cirque du Soleil performs, and if you can afford it and still get tickets, I would definitely recommend it! Pretty much, it's shopping and dining with minimal entertainment. I don't think I've ever made it out to the Boardwalk so unfortunately I can't help you there!

• Sock Puppet

what's a good FREE iphone app for WDW wait times? if not free, what's the cheapest?

• discoyeti.com blogger

Good to know!

If you're looking for a sit-down restaurant on your Animal Kingdom day and you can manage it, my recommendation is to actually leave the park for dinner and go to the nearby Animal Kingdom Lodge. There is an amazing WDW restaurant there called Boma. Reservations can be difficult to get, but it's an African buffet that is to die for. Other restaurants at the Lodge are worth it too, including Sanaa and Jiko. All far superior to the table service options in the park itself.

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

Yak and Yeti is DELICIOUS. I freaking would eat there all the time if we had one here in DL. The walk up is also very very good.

I recommend getting the premier pass even if you break even ticket wise because you get a discount on merchandise. Plus the cast members here really enjoy seeing them. What we've done the day after arrival is go to animal kingdom, finish all the big rides, and then head over to either Magic Kingdom or Epcot for dinner and some late night rides. Coming from the west coast gives you the time change advantage- all those east coasters are pooped around 11pm and you'll still be awake since it's only 8pm for you. The time change works well for dining- I got all the restaurants I wanted because I was willing to eat around 8-9pm.

Touringplans.com offers an app that was pretty good for us, and it's free if you're a subscriber to their website or if you bought their book. You can find a discount code in mousesaver's monthly newsletter. HTH!
    ...I finally changed my avatar...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast