Quote Originally Posted by Arilvdc View Post
I recommend getting the premier pass even if you break even ticket wise because you get a discount on merchandise. Plus the cast members here really enjoy seeing them. What we've done the day after arrival is go to animal kingdom, finish all the big rides, and then head over to either Magic Kingdom or Epcot for dinner and some late night rides. Coming from the west coast gives you the time change advantage- all those east coasters are pooped around 11pm and you'll still be awake since it's only 8pm for you. The time change works well for dining- I got all the restaurants I wanted because I was willing to eat around 8-9pm.

Touringplans.com offers an app that was pretty good for us, and it's free if you're a subscriber to their website or if you bought their book. You can find a discount code in mousesaver's monthly newsletter. HTH!
Thanks for your input. Where did you get your Premier Pass? I was thinking of getting it @ Disneyworld instead of Disneyland. The FL tax is cheaper than CA. We're going to do the same thing, which is go to Animal Kingdom first. So I'm wondering if there is a place close where we can get our passes BEFORE entering the park. I called WDW ticketing, and they said Downtown Disney has a Guest Services where I can do this, but it's 15 minutes away from Animal Kingdom by car. So I'm wondering if there's a closer place.

Also, I did the math on Premier vs. 4-day pass. With our Disneyland Premium AP, it's just ~$260 upgrade difference (w/tax). Whereas a 6-day pass comes out to ~257 (w/tax), and that doesn't even include parking, park-hopping, and discounts that Premier offers. So the Premier Pass is a no-brainer for me.