My wife and I are going to WDW to celebrate our 1-year wedding anniversary. We're DLR regulars, and I've read the "WDW guide for DLR Vets" posted here in Micechat, but I wanted to get some specific help from you WDW vets. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Anyway, here are some trip details:
- We are going to be there for 9 days. (Feb 12 - Feb 20).
- This will be my second time there (last visit was '96), and my wife's first.
- We plan to visit the four main theme parks, as well the boardwalk and downtown disney. We will also be taking a 1 day trip to Universal IOA.
- We will be staying with family at Windermere, so we'll be driving everyday from Windermere to WDW.
- I'm planning to spend 6 days in WDW, 1 in Universal. I wanted to do it in this order (Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Universal IOA. Reason I did it in this order was because I wanted to alternate between early closing parks and later closing parks (in hopes we would get some rest in between).
- Speaking of rest, I thought about putting some "rest" days between every 2 days of park travel. We would use these days to possibly visit the non-park parts of WDW (like boardwalk or downtown disney), rest, and maybe get some shopping. I'm still wondering if we even need this rest days, and just go to the parks instead.
- Would it be cheaper/worth it to upgrade our DLR Premium Annual Passes to the "Premier" Annual pass (good on both coasts), or just get a 5-6 day pass? I think the math results in not much of a price difference, so I'm leaning on the Premier Pass. I think it would be a cool novelty to have a Premier Pass anyway.
Thanks in advance!