Best Resort for End of Trip and Pools?

Howdy all! My family will be joining up with other family members in September for a week at WDW. The main week we will be staying off-property (timeshare exchange), but my family of four will have a couple of extra days after the others go home. So we thought we would switch to on-property and extend our park tickets.

As my kids REALLY love to swim while they are not riding rides, I am looking for advice on which of the Moderate/Deluxe resorts get the top marks for just a couple of days plus some fun pools?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Best Resort for End of Trip and Pools?

Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Howdy all! My family will be joining up with other family members in September for a week at WDW. The main week we will be staying off-property (timeshare exchange), but my family of four will have a couple of extra days after the others go home. So we thought we would switch to on-property and extend our park tickets.

As my kids REALLY love to swim while they are not riding rides, I am looking for advice on which of the Moderate/Deluxe resorts get the top marks for just a couple of days plus some fun pools?

Thanks in advance!
    Personally I think the pools at the Yacht and Beach Club are the best (white sand bottom with beach and sunken ship with a water slide that goes through the fallen mast of the ship) however, the Yacht & Beach Club are Disney Deluxe properties. If you are traveling on a budget consider "Ole Man Island at Disney's Port Orleans riverside a Moderate Disney hotel with great theming (fishing, surrey bikes, water transports, and a nice pool with play area. My third choice would be Disney's Coronado Springs. The pool there boasts a giant Mayan pyramid with slides and nice theming as well. I hope this helps! Have a BLAST!!!!

Stuck in a valley surrounded by mountains! In my igloo

Couldn't have said it better myself. Although I also enjoyed the pool at the Port Orleans French Quarter. The hotel is a little more intimate than the PO Riverside.

Our family that ranges in ages 2 to 62 loves the pool at the Beach/Yatch Club resort. I have heard that the pool at the Animal Kingdom Resort is a great pool too, but the location at the Beach/Yatch Club can hardly be beat. Out the back door of the resort is the Epcot/World Showcase entrance. Then you can walk through and to the front of Epcot to catch the Monorail to Magic Kingdom. Also out the back door of the Beach/Yatch Club is the boat ride to Disney Studios or you can just walk there on a very nice walkway. The only park you would have to depend on Disney bus transportation is Animal Kingdom.

thank you everyone for your replies. I will let you know what we choose and report on how well the trip goes