• Resident of the Caldera

How Early Do I have to get to the Parks the week before Easter?

While I have my strategy for doing Disney parks around the world down pretty well, I haven't spent much time at Walt Disney World during a busy time of year. Am going with family for a week starting Monday April 18. I understand that this is one of the busiest times of the year.

How early do I have to get to the parks in order not to find a mass of bodies and two hour lines for everything?

How Early Do I have to get to the Parks the week before Easter?

I posted this in Travel Planning but received no responses. Hopefully someone here will help:

While I have my strategy for doing Disney parks around the world down pretty well, I haven't spent much time at Walt Disney World during a busy time of year. Am going with family for a week starting Monday April 18. I understand that this is one of the busiest times of the year.

How early do I have to get to the parks in order not to find a mass of bodies and two hour lines for everything?

Re: How Early Do I have to get to the Parks the week before Easter?

i would suggest opening. not only is it Easter week, its school vacation week for New England so it has the potential to be ridiculous. Fastpasses go ridiculously fast for the big attractions.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    At WDW - people don't queue up crazy before the parks open (with the exception of special events like StarWars weekends, etc). If you are there before opening at all.. there will be others there, but not mobs. If you want to be up front for a rope drop or something.. getting there 30mins early is probably more then enough to avoid major delays.

If you are just worried about crowds - I wouldn't suggest getting there any earlier then you need to. Just be there 15-20min before opening to get situated and that's enough.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Seasick

Don't forget about Early Entry. A lot of the WDW hotel guests will flock to whichever park offers it on any given day, and you may find yourself better off avoiding those parks, on those days.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Thanks for your responses.