Grandson's Honeymoon Trip

My grandson is getting married in June 2012. They both graduated from high school last year .... this is way too young to get married. Anyway, I need some help in finding a good Disney hotel package in Florida. I am looking for someplace that feels special, is safe, has a good free breakfast, provides a shuttle to the various parks and is inexpensive enough that they can have some money leftover for fun. Where are the best places to start looking for good deals and locations that meet the criteria? As we live in south Georgia, it would be great if the hotel did not charge for parking.

Thanks in advance for any help the micechat members can provide.

jhk49

• Minion

Re: Grandson's Honeymoon Trip

well first off congratulations, sorta lol. well essentially under the criteria you have described your looking for a club level room at a deluxe hotel. these offer the complimentary breakfast items in a common club room area along with snacks and adult beverages during the day and evening hours. my recomendations in this category would be either the grand floridian or the beach club hotels. all disney hotels from my experience are safe, feel special, and provide transportation to all disney locations. if you wish to go with the inexpensive side however you will assuredly give up your free breakfast. if it is a high criteria to save some cash on the trip I would direct you to possibly a lower price deluxe room in say the wilderness lodge or a nice moderate room in port orleans riverside.

it would help if i had some more criteria from yourself to better assist you, possibly some likes or dislikes, priorities in room choice, special requests if present ect.

Thanks so much for your reply ........ I am not sure if a Disney hotel would fill the need, in that they are probably looking to only spend about $100 a night. I guess that I was hoping for some type of travel website or hotel website where I could watch for a great deal to come up or possibly even use Priceline. Although I am not sure if I am willing to take the gamble on their honeymoon. Luckily, they already have the admission to the park taken care of, but the room/meals cost is the next largest expense.

As to their likes or dislikes, they are pretty meager. A clean room, nice enough in apointments for a honeymoon, proximity to not only Disney but the other attractions, possibly a waterpark nearby and of course, it will need to be cost effective.

I have probably asked for too much. But, any help you could give would be most beneficial.

jhk49

• Minion

Oh my apologies i thought the room was for yourself! haha well in that case seeing as im in that general age grouping (A little older but who's keeping track ) I might be able to give you a better recommendation.

If their just looking for a place to crash, spending most of their time out and about, I would recommend the on property hotel around their price range, Pop Century. its around about $150 per night so a little higher then you were looking, but at the same time you are totally immersed in Disney 24/7 you have reliable transport to wherever in Disney they want to go and it is a rather fun place. its really nothing special just a place to sleep but a Disney hotel nonetheless and comes with a bit of that disney magic that all their hotels seem to have a bit of.

as for off property I have a great possible recommendation:

probably the best overall choice out of anything is the Quality Suites, Royal Parc Suites. for about 120 dollars a night they can get a full one bedroom suite, transport to Disney, Universal, seaworld, and other area attractions. the full breakfast you were looking for previously is offered complimentary along with a variety of other extras you can see at the following website: Luxury Hotels in Kissimmee - Royale Parc Suites. I had a great experience there once and I'm sure that they will too. hope this has helped.

You are great Goofy Donald, thanks for the quick reply. However, my wife just came home and informed me that between my grandson, grand daughter in-law and her parents .... they have booked a cruise out of Miami to the keys. It wouldn't have been my first pick but, I am not in charge.

Again, I thank you for what you have provided. You are a credit to the forum.

jhk49

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jhk49 View Post
    You are great Goofy Donald, thanks for the quick reply. However, my wife just came home and informed me that between my grandson, grand daughter in-law and her parents .... they have booked a cruise out of Miami to the keys. It wouldn't have been my first pick but, I am not in charge.

Again, I thank you for what you have provided. You are a credit to the forum.

jhk49
    any time, and any other information you need, my personal mail box is open