Need help from WDW vets/.

So I'm still working on my trip in May and my next question is, What parks are worth a multi-trip visit? I'm going from May 16-25th. I'll be hitting Hollywood Studios that saturday for Star wars weekend. I know that Epcot is at least a two day visit, but is Animal Kingdom and other parks worth visiting more than 2 trips?

In addition what are some not to miss things in each park?

• Minion

Re: Need help from WDW vets/.

Quote Originally Posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
    So I'm still working on my trip in May and my next question is, What parks are worth a multi-trip visit? I'm going from May 16-25th. I'll be hitting Hollywood Studios that saturday for Star wars weekend. I know that Epcot is at least a two day visit, but is Animal Kingdom and other parks worth visiting more than 2 trips?

In addition what are some not to miss things in each park?
    It all depends on your preferences. IMO

AK is worth 3/4 of a day
    DHS is usually worth one day but during star wars weekend its worth 1 1/2
    Epcot is a 2 day and so is MK

• Disney Freak

I usually spend half a day at AK so I can see Betty the Yeti a dozen times and ride DINOSAUR! 'til I'm about to puke, and then torture myself with some Primeval Whirl.
    DHS is my favorite park, and I like to spend about a day and a half there. You can't miss Rock n' Rollercoaster, or Tower of Terror, and obviously not Star Tours. I find Muppet Vision to be skip-able.
    2 days for EPCOT, definitely. Great food Note: Don't ride Orange Mission: SPACE after eating in a delicious country. Or any country, for that matter.
    Spend all extra days at MK and do everything. Everything that is not totally lame.

Thank you for your input.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

At least 2 days for Epcot. The park is so big and there's so many hidden nooks and crannies. I've been visiting Epcot since 1987 and I'm STILL discovering areas I've never noticed before.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I haven't been in a while, but I always spent more than one day in both MK, and Epcot. I love Animal Kingdom, but there is a lot of walking in that park. So I usually limit myself to a partial day there, and plan something relaxing for the evening. I used to think that MGM/DHS was only a one day park, but on my last trip there, I actually wanted to go back for a 2nd day.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

If you like shows, trying to see everything can fill up a lot of time at both the Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    If you like shows, trying to see everything can fill up a lot of time at both the Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom.
    The Lion King show at AK is really good.

You'll want to spend 2 days at both MK and EPCOT. One day (open till close) at the other two.

You'll definitely not want to miss anything you can't find at Disneyland (Spaceship Earth, Rockin' rollercoaster) and if you want to compare, make sure you go WDW's versions of pirates, Tower of Terror etc. Also, if you like shows make sure you catch those too. Even though it's a bit outdated now, I really dig the Little Mermaid show at DHS.

• Pilot EdForceOne

are you going to have park hoppers? if so, don't worry so much about it... spend part of a day at one park and jump to the other. A lot has to do with your party's age group too.

MK the part is usually one day
    EPCOT is usually 2
    DHS/AK are usually 1

But from there, people steer based on what they want. For instance, someone may goto DAK in the morning to do safari, EE, and maybe one other thing.. then bolt to DHS and do the thrill rides there.. and then head to EPCOT or MK for evening entertainment.

I tend not to plan additional day visits at MK because you always end up there at night to see fireworks, parade, etc. So there is always more time to go and hit those key attractions.

Where we spend half-days tends to swing based on what attractions the group wants to repeat... soarin', tower, EE, etc.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

I go against the popular trend on this one... I can spend 2, even 3 days at Animal Kingdom, but that has a lot to do with my love of animals. I can spend hours in the two different animal trails just watching the Tigers, Gorillas, Meerkats, etc. There are also interesting things that go on in Animal Kingdom that aren't necessarily in the guide book. I've stumbled upon amazing giant bird puppets roaming the paths, origami demonstrations, drummers, and all sorts of interesting things.

Also, if you want the full experience, it's best to visit the animal exhibits and Kilimanjaro Safari multiple times during the day, as different animals are active at different times of day.

Outside of AK, I agree with most that Epcot is a 2 day park, as well as the best park to eat at.

Magic Kingdom CAN be a 2-day park, but if you have spent a lot of time at Disneyland, you may find yourself wanting to skip several attractions that are the same, or even not as good as their California counterparts.

Hollywood Studios is a certified 1-day park. It used to be a lot better, but they have removed so many interactive, show based attractions (Monster Sound Show, Superstar Television, Most of the good backstage tour stuff), that it's pretty easy to knock that park out in a day or less. Of course, you could spend a good chunk of your day waiting in line for Tower of Terror, too.

I agree that Animal Kingdom can be a multiday park depending on what you want to do. It's GORGEOUS at night. If they're open later then 8pm, you have to see it at night. The lighting makes it seem much more magical then any daytime visit. And if you ride Everest during the day, it's a whole 'nuther ride at night.

Plus the Lion King show will bring back memories of the Lion King Parade at Disneyland. (They're using our old floats for some of the show) But the Nemo show is way cool. There's a difference in the show depending on where you sit. Midway back or further back - you get a good view of the show itself & it captivates you. Up close, you get to watch the puppeteers (think Lion King on Broadway) and that's a whole different experience.