• Always Happy<3

Talking Hi! First time WDW visitors need some tips.

Hi Everyone! My sister is taking her kids to Orlando and asked me to help her look for deals on tickets. I think she has hotel and flights booked, however she wants to find best deals on park tickets for WDW and perhaps other parks (universal, sea world, busch). Can you please help me guide her? Any recommendations? Tips? Thanks so much in advance!
    Always let your conscience be your guide.
    -Pinocchio

• Nerd.

Re: Hi! First time WDW visitors need some tips.

I would recommend you send her to this site (Mousesavers). Have her check out Undercover Tourist.
    Last edited by tofubeast; 06-08-2012 at 05:26 AM.

• WDW will always be home.

I'm not sure what the forum rules are on linking to the following sites, but Google is your friend

As tofubeast mentioned, Undercover Tourist is generally the best ticket dealer in terms of having the lowest prices. Most importantly, they're authorized by Disney and legitimate. Please make sure your friend knows to not not notbuy tickets through eBay or unauthorized ticket dealers (like, ahem, the ones all over Kissimmee). 9 times out of 10, you'll get ripped off, and because you bought the tickets through an unauthorized dealer, it's Disney's policy not to provide any assistance.

For saving money in general on Disney vacations, the number 1 web site IMHO is Mouse Savers. If you subscribe to their newsletter, they'll occasionally send out exclusive links to Undercover Tourist to get even better deals than Undercover Tourist offers publicly. Aside from knowing a Cast Member or someone in the military, that's probably the best you can do in terms of discounts on tickets.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Pilot EdForceOne

1. best deal? buy tickets with a florida resident
    2. next best deal? Typically Military Tickets if you have anyone you know family/friend who can buy tickets from their MWR branch
    3. Discounted resellers (like references mentioned in earlier posts)

Don't expect miracles with ticket prices...
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

I will echo the sentiment of PSUMark. DO NOT buy tickets from unauthorized sellers. There are a lot of people who get ripped off buying counterfeit or partially used tickets every year. My suggestion would be to buy tickets through Disney and try to cut expenses slightly elsewhere. It might save a lot of heartbreak and additional expense in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    1. best deal? buy tickets with a florida resident
    2. next best deal? Typically Military Tickets if you have anyone you know family/friend who can buy tickets from their MWR branch
    3. Discounted resellers (like references mentioned in earlier posts)

Don't expect miracles with ticket prices...
    A note about the military tickets, a lot of the times you must present a military ID once you enter the park. The base typically gives a voucher then you can redeem it for the classic Disney ticket.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by notpennysboat View Post
    A note about the military tickets, a lot of the times you must present a military ID once you enter the park. The base typically gives a voucher then you can redeem it for the classic Disney ticket.
    Maybe if your MWR office doesn't have real tickets... but at ours if they don't have the tickets, they order them and then you get them slightly later. Have never had to do anything with military ID or vouchers with simple military discounted tickets. The only time we've had to have an actual authorized buyer is when you check into Shades of Green.

The PROMO deal is different.. there you must show ID. But simple MWR purchases.. you get regular tickets.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Always Happy<3

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Maybe if your MWR office doesn't have real tickets... but at ours if they don't have the tickets, they order them and then you get them slightly later. Have never had to do anything with military ID or vouchers with simple military discounted tickets. The only time we've had to have an actual authorized buyer is when you check into Shades of Green.

The PROMO deal is different.. there you must show ID. But simple MWR purchases.. you get regular tickets.

Thank you so much everyone!
    Always let your conscience be your guide.
    -Pinocchio

• Banned User

You should also consider AAA. They often have some deals that will provide you with some bonuses beyond the tickets even though the tickets are probably going to cost exactly the same amount as if buy them from any other legitimate place. I think the last time bought them from AAA we got some discounts at some of the Downtown Disney stores and some other odds and ends. Otherwise don't expect to find any great discounts out there they don't really exist when you are buying tickets only.