Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: I just booked MY VERY FIRST TRIP TO WDW!!

I cannot thank you guys enough! I love the detailed advice so I really know what to expect!
    I was also able to pick up a copy of the Unofficial guide to Walt Disney world from a friend.

I ended up changing my hotel reservation to port Orleans French quarter. We normally stay at the grand Californian when were at Disneyland so after reading Many online reviews I decided not to chance it and FQ seemed to get some good reviews for a moderate.

We are planning to utilize the bus system as much as possible but are fully prepared to call a taxi for several occasions

Epcot is something I really want to see and want to spend a lot of time there. I jut want to walk through different parts of the "world" and really take it in.

My plan (so far) with my ADR's (I'm so thankful I got everyone I wanted)

Day 1
    -Arrive during the morning
    -check in
    -head over to DHS
    -dinner at Yachtsman at 7:15
    -back to DHS for extra evening hours

Day 2
    -full magic kingdom day
    - breakfast at cinderellas Royal table 8:10 am
    -7 pm dinner at California Grill (this is my back up reservation for be our guest, just in case I don't get it once you can start making ADR)
    - back to MK for extra evening hours

Day 3
    -Epcot (world showcase)
    -snacking/drinking around the world
    - early dinner at Narcoossee's at 5:30pm
    -mickeys very merry Christmas party at 7pm (it's ok if we're a little late)

Day 4
    -animal kingdom
    -early lunch at Sanaa (this is up for possible removable)
    - early dinner at Jiko 5:30
    - head over to either Epcot or MK until closing

Day 5
    - Full Epcot day!
    -lunch at biergarten at 12
    - dinner at Bistro de Paris at 7:30
    -illuminations at 9:30

Day 6
    -DHS
    -lunch at Hollywood brown derby (with fantasmic package) at 12
    - fantasmic at 6:30 pm
    -head over to Epcot for extra evening hours
    - late dinner at Le cellier (I'm making this the minute it is possible I already set an alarm)
    - stay at Epcot until 12:30 (closing)

Day 7
    - check out
    - misc park
    - lunch at via Napoli
    -head home

---------- Post added 06-14-2012 at 11:47 PM ----------

We are looking into taking the 4 day carrabian cruise on dec. 8th so we may possible be there for an extra night which we will probably stay at the pop since we won't use the room the last day other than to sleep before the cruise. I'm hoping we go!

---------- Post added 06-14-2012 at 11:55 PM ----------

If anyone has any advice on anything, the cruise or if they think this plan is crazy please let me know. I'm here for advice! Thanks again to everyone who responded with great insight on "the world "

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by niknakk View Post

Day 2
    -full magic kingdom day
    - breakfast at cinderellas Royal table 8:10 am
    -7 pm dinner at California Grill (this is my back up reservation for be our guest, just in case I don't get it once you can start making ADR)
    - back to MK for extra evening hours

Only thing I might recommend is you try for lunch or dinner in the Castle instead of breakfast... breakfasts are not that good... If you've ever had the breakfast at the Goofy's kitchen at Disneyland, imagine that level of quality, minus the options because you will really only have two options, 1)
    pre-plated Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Cheese Danish, Fresh Fruit, Breakfast Breads, Potato Casserole, Juice and Coffee. or 2) Muesli served with fresh fruit and yogurt.... for the price and the quality this is not something that most foodies will be raving about. The Breakfast Breads also appear to be little more than pre-made breads and lack any quality you might associated with fresh made breads.

For a better selection of quality food at breakfast I would suggest if you want breakfast in the park you consider the Crystal Palace, it is much better quality wise and has a lot more options.

I have heard that before and thats the difficult part. I would LOVE to dine in the castle and its 2 points to dine there for breakfast, but ive also heard lunch and dinner are very hit or miss. I ll look into it though, thank you!!

I have heard that before and thats the difficult part. I would LOVE to dine in the castle and its 2 points to dine there for breakfast, but ive also heard lunch and dinner are very hit or miss. I ll look into it though, thank you!!
    I've done the Royal Table twice (and will do it again on my next trip)...but I must say I'm not thrilled with the food. If you are not on a Dining Plan, there are other places that will give you more bang for your buck.

I will add though, that doing Royal Table as a 2 person group is FAR superior to doing it as a larger family. They have only 1 two-top table in the entire restaurant, and it's in the center window, overlooking the merry-go-round.

You will not regret the late night Le Cellier. Walking out of EPCOT after closing stuffed with steak is a wonderful experience. Good call!

I haven't done Jiko, but from what I've heard, you will love it. I will be checking it out myself this year.

---------- Post added 06-17-2012 at 08:17 PM ----------

Also, did you look into doing a Disney cruise? Disney offers a package (or at least I'm pretty sure they do) where they give you free transit down to the port of Miami...

I looked at doing a 1 week cruise, followed up by 1 week at the world last year, but I don't recall all the details. Disney Travel, or disneyworld.com can fill you in...if not that, there's always google. <grin>

I'm really suprised by some of your restaurant choices. You've picked some winners. The Yahtsman is fantastic, some even say on par with Le Cellier (and I use it as my backup for a good steak meal if I can't get Le Cellier).

Same with Jiko. Another fantastic choice. And, I see you've extended it to 7 days. You'll appreciate the extra time.

Do a trip report when you get back! Let us know how it went!

That's so good to hear about CInderella's! So many people try and put it down but I dont mind spending 2 meal credits as its an expierence that I've never had before.

Im SO excited about Le cellier for that reason. I don't think anything can beat eating a good steak in the park and then being able to walk around and look at everything after.
    Thank you! I worked really hard trying to pick the perfect restaurants to dine at, I hope they app turn out great.

Also regarding the cruise I ended up booking the 4 night Bahamas cruise starting dec.9th on the dream. I am SO excited about this!!!! It's going to be awesome! But my BF is worried bout being on a ship for 4 nights with so many little kids sp we will be taking advantage of the 18 and up stuff. I hope they don't disappoint

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg View Post
    I've done the Royal Table twice (and will do it again on my next trip)...but I must say I'm not thrilled with the food. If you are not on a Dining Plan, there are other places that will give you more bang for your buck.

I will add though, that doing Royal Table as a 2 person group is FAR superior to doing it as a larger family. They have only 1 two-top table in the entire restaurant, and it's in the center window, overlooking the merry-go-round.
    Not sure when you were there last, but in one of experiences at the castle with only my daughter we were not seated at a table overlooking the merry-go-round... we were close to a window but the view appears closer to be the other side of the castle. I think they likely change the seating from time to time based what they need... so I wouldn't get my hopes up on a great view I've seen some groups of two that were not by a window at all.

Thomas998, how was your over all experience there?

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I have taken the Disney cruise without any children and the children on board did not bother me. There are plenty of adult only activities. I am sure you will have a great time!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    I have taken the Disney cruise without any children and the children on board did not bother me. There are plenty of adult only activities. I am sure you will have a great time!
    Thats good to hear! I love that they have adult options!

---------- Post added 06-18-2012 at 11:07 AM ----------

Does anyone know if "virgin" drinks (ex. Virgin margaritas) are included in the non alcoholic drinks that you can order on the deluxe dining plan?
    Last edited by niknakk; 06-18-2012 at 10:28 AM.

• Banned User

Thomas998, how was your over all experience there?
    For atmosphere it was very good... not great because some of the characters rush past like a politician shaking hands, others take enough time that the kids have a good experience but it is hit or miss.

The bottom line is I only do it for my daughters, if it were just me and my wife I'm certain that we never do it more than one time simply to say we did it.

The times we've done it were always for breakfast because that was the time it all the stuff the kids enjoy (photos not food).

For Disney Fans it is a special place to go, but I have known of very few people that thought the food was actually good at breakfast, but quite a few that enjoyed the other meals.

Overall it is probably an 8 out of 10.... atmosphere is a 9/10... service is a 9/10.... food is a 5/10.... value isn't something you really rate because everything at Disney is expensive.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I want to second (or third by now?) that you need to take lots of photos on your own camera. A PhotoPass CM gave me back a BLANK card on our last day and I ended up losing my pictures. Thank goodness we weren't relying on that to document our trip!
    A signature should go here.

Thanks for all the advice! And yes I will be buying a new camera to take along wit me Does anyone know a good camera for beginers?

Also I reworked my dining plans and added 3 days to the begining of my trip!!! So excited!!!

Here it is:

Thurs. Nov. 29th

Dinner
    Narcoossee's
    7:45pm

Friday Nov. 30th

Lunch
    San Angel Inn
    12:50pm

Dinner
    Flying Fish
    7:25pm

Sat. Dec. 1st

Lunch
    50's Prime Time Cafe (Might switch this to something else)
    12:25pm

Dinner
    Jiko
    8:00pm

Sunday Dec. 2nd

Breakfast
    1900 Park Fare
    9:15am

Dinner
    Yachtsman
    7:15pm

Monday Dec. 3rd

Breakfast
    Cinderella's Royal Table
    8:10am

Dinner
    California Grill
    7:55pm

Tuesday Dec. 4th

Lunch
    Rose and Crown
    2:05pm

*MVMCP

Weds. Dec 5th

Lunch
    Sanna
    11:30am

Dinner
    Artist Point (This will be most likely switched for Be Our Guest)
    7:45pm

Thursday Dec. 6th

Lunch
    Biergarten
    12:00pm

Dinner
    Bistro de Paris
    7:30pm

Friday Dec. 7th

Lunch
    Hollywood Brown Derby (wish Fantasmic! package)
    12:00pm

Watch Fantasmic!

Dinner
    Le Cellier
    8:30pm (looking to push it later to 8:45 or 9:00pm)

Saturday Dec. 8th

Lunch
    Via Napoli
    12:45pm

Hope you have a great time at the world.. i know you will. Your going at a great time of year, not too hot and not too crowded. Pop Century is a nice resort and you get your own bus to the parks. It should still be warm enough to enjoy the Pools as well. That dining plan is a lot of food but definitely worth it if your a food person like you say. Don't miss Tusker House in AK.. its my favorite. enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
    Hope you have a great time at the world.. i know you will. Your going at a great time of year, not too hot and not too crowded. Pop Century is a nice resort and you get your own bus to the parks. It should still be warm enough to enjoy the Pools as well. That dining plan is a lot of food but definitely worth it if your a food person like you say. Don't miss Tusker House in AK.. its my favorite. enjoy!
    Thank you for your kind words! We changed our resort to Port Orleans French Quarter but are currently trying to get into Coronado Springs but there is no room. And I will try out tusker house! We have decided that 50's Prime Time is not our cup of tea so we need something to replace it.

• Banned User

Thank you for your kind words! We changed our resort to Port Orleans French Quarter but are currently trying to get into Coronado Springs but there is no room. And I will try out tusker house! We have decided that 50's Prime Time is not our cup of tea so we need something to replace it.
    If you aren't looking forward to POFQ you might also consider the Caribbean Beach Resort, it is also in the moderate range and does offer more beaches to lay out on during the day if you are into that type of thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast