Trip Timing and Weather

I'm hoping to visit WDW sometime during the fall 2013 season (late September preferably), but upon doing some research I've learned that's right in the middle of hurricane season. I was wondering how bad the rain can be. I can handle a little rain, but if it's really bad I may have to rethink going during that time.

"How do I depreciate this rock?"

• Banned User

Re: Trip Timing and Weather

Quote Originally Posted by loveberri87 View Post
    I'm hoping to visit WDW sometime during the fall 2013 season (late September preferably), but upon doing some research I've learned that's right in the middle of hurricane season. I was wondering how bad the rain can be. I can handle a little rain, but if it's really bad I may have to rethink going during that time.
    I used to live in Florida and while it is the hurricane season there is no way to predict if you will be there when a tropical storm is going to be nearby or not. I have seen a week that was dry as a bone and some where you looked for Noah's Ark. No way to tell for certain.

You will likely have some random showers regardless, they just happen. If you could put your trip off until late October that would be better, not because hurricanes, but because September is still pretty warm... It also depends on what type of weather you are used to. But realize you often get a afternoon shower, even in the summer, just bring a rain coat and expect it to usually only last a half hour or so... Enough to make it humid when the sun comes up right after the rain.

If I go in October, wouldn't I be running into the Halloween crowds? Do any of the parks close early for ticketed Halloween events?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by loveberri87 View Post
    If I go in October, wouldn't I be running into the Halloween crowds? Do any of the parks close early for ticketed Halloween events?
    Yes there is a not so scary Halloween party going on in the fall it starts September 11 and on 7 different dates magic kingdom will close early. In October it will close down magic kingdom on 10 different days... So unless you go in early September you will have to deal with that whether it's September or October.

The upshot is that it is a decent extra ticket event, my family prefer it over the Christmas event at Disney but we are into the Halloween stuff. If you do enjoy dressing up and all that, it is the one time you are free to dress up which is kind of cool.

If you prefer more adult activities, you might like the international food and wine festival that will be going on in EPCOT, it starts up September 28 this year and if you like wine is something you might want to do.

Otherwise magic kingdom is the only park that will be closing early for e Halloween stuff... I think it closes at 6 PM on the days of the party.

Hope that info helps.

Thanks Thomas998 for the info, I'll definitely need to factor this information in when it comes time to make my final trip plans.