Red Face Which do you book first flight or hotel?

My friends and I are looking at planning a graduation trip to WDW for next spring. We are college students and it would be easier to budget if we could set deadlines for when parts of the trip need to be paid. My question is what do you think is more important to book first the flights or the hotel? It would be easiest to have everyone in the group have their flight money due one day and their hotel money due one day, etc. so that we can book everything together instead of each person. Thanks for your opinions!

• Banned User

Re: Which do you book first flight or hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by megloowho View Post
    My friends and I are looking at planning a graduation trip to WDW for next spring. We are college students and it would be easier to budget if we could set deadlines for when parts of the trip need to be paid. My question is what do you think is more important to book first the flights or the hotel? It would be easiest to have everyone in the group have their flight money due one day and their hotel money due one day, etc. so that we can book everything together instead of each person. Thanks for your opinions!
    There is no perfect answer, I think alot depends on when you expect the people to be ready to pay for both. If you aren't planning on using Disney hotels, then I would say you can make the reservations whenever you want for the hotels because most non-Disney hotels will allow you to make a reservation and not hit you with any charges until you actually arrive or the day of the arrival passes... Disney hotels on the other hand want some money upfront and all of more than a month before you actually expect to arrive (45 days I think).... so that is your first question, what hotel will you use? That will dictate some of your decision for you.

As for airfare, it is usually easier for a group like you are suggesting to make their own airline plans on their own...

As for the best rates, you need to wait until sometime between 6 and 1 month prior to the trip for the best price...