Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Pop Century Question

I've been to Disney World twice, both times staying at a value resort (all star music and last trip pop century) and requesting a king bed in advance.
    Both times the first night was given a room with two doubles (we had to request a room change both times) and the second night on both times we got what they call a king bed (it's just the two doubles pushed together, why they could have done that is advance for our first night I've never figured out). I've been told by different cast members and travel agents that to get a true king bed at a Disney hotel you have to book at a deluxe or above hotel
    The king bed room are indeed the handicap acessible rooms (you won't get a tub in the bathroom just a walk in shower (make sure you don't leave any clothes or towels on the floor when you shower, as the bathroom floors get wet due to the low lip of the shower area)).
    Strangely both times we were moved to rooms on upper floors so upper level accessible rooms do exist.
    The cool thing about changing rooms is they will move all your bags for you during the day, so you don't have to wait or carry all your stuff. Just call the number they give you at the check in desk tell your name, that you have a room change request, your current room number and the number of bags go to the park for the day and when you come back go to the check in desk and they'll give you a new key card and a new room number.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I didn't believe it so I called Pop Century and they just told me the fridges are now included in every room. It's about time.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I didn't believe it so I called Pop Century and they just told me the fridges are now included in every room. It's about time.
    You don't believe me !?!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!

I forgot my favorite tip for Pop Century in my last post. When you walk in a normal room with the two doubles (is that the size?), the door almost hits the first bed... not a lot of extra room. My family always pushes the far bed against the wall shared by the bathroom, moves the nightstand close to the door, and then pushes the second bed against the first one. Then you get a giant bed, definitely wider than a King, I would say. Also, there's much more room next to the door for luggage or stroller parking. We have a City Mini double that fits very easily between the beds and the door when we do this. The beds move pretty easily... I can do it by myself with no problem, so at the absolute minimum any two adults should be able to do it. It takes maybe two minutes to do the whole thing with moving the nightstand and the phone. We spend about 30 seconds each morning moving the beds just enough so Mousekeeping can make them. Never had them slide apart at all while we were sleeping on them. Definitely worth it for the luxuriously large bed! The headboards are attached to the wall (not to the bed at all), so you know where to move the bed back to when you check out.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by crlachepinochet View Post
    You don't believe me !?!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!

I forgot my favorite tip for Pop Century in my last post. When you walk in a normal room with the two doubles (is that the size?), the door almost hits the first bed... not a lot of extra room. My family always pushes the far bed against the wall shared by the bathroom, moves the nightstand close to the door, and then pushes the second bed against the first one. Then you get a giant bed, definitely wider than a King, I would say. Also, there's much more room next to the door for luggage or stroller parking. We have a City Mini double that fits very easily between the beds and the door when we do this. The beds move pretty easily... I can do it by myself with no problem, so at the absolute minimum any two adults should be able to do it. It takes maybe two minutes to do the whole thing with moving the nightstand and the phone. We spend about 30 seconds each morning moving the beds just enough so Mousekeeping can make them. Never had them slide apart at all while we were sleeping on them. Definitely worth it for the luxuriously large bed! The headboards are attached to the wall (not to the bed at all), so you know where to move the bed back to when you check out.
    This is awesome advice! Thank you!
    Jeff Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12