Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Pop Century Question

Hi guys! So I have a quick question for those who have stayed at the Pop Century before. We are staying there from Dec 10th through the 16th and we payed for the Preferred room upgrade. We also have it noted that we would like a King Bed as there are only two of us. Should I ask for something specific when I arrive? What's the best way of getting a nice view and a king bed? This is my boyfriends first trip to Disney World and I want to make it as memorable as possible. My total price for the room was $488 for the entire stay with my discount, not too shabby!
    Jeff Wayne

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Pop Century Question

well do you want a fridge for your room to hold your drinks, late night snacks, mimosas? Gonna cost you some money per each day you have it.

Ask to stay in the 60's Building. It's the closest and most active pools and buildings to the main building. PLUS it's just a holding hand and a skip down the bridge to the new Art of Animation building where you can dine, lounge and dive all over the new resort.

ALSO you can hope on the Art of Animation buses when at the parks and then walk across the bridge back to your room. You know, if the Pop Century buses are late or too busy to board around the time you're leaving the park.

If you have a room facing the pool then grab some fun stuff to post in the window, stick to it, decorate the window with your own christmas decor. A lot of people decorate their Pop Century 60's pool view windows because you get alot of people traffic who can enjoy it and help create an atmosphere of holiday dazzle.

If you got the big bucks then you could have Disney put stuff in the room before you check it like flowers, christmas packages that includes candy and mickey mouse, it's from their website Christmas & Holiday Magic Lake Buena Vista florist - flowers Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830 | Disney Floral & Gifts

Hope you and your boyfriend have a magical time.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    well do you want a fridge for your room to hold your drinks, late night snacks, mimosas? Gonna cost you some money per each day you have it.

Ask to stay in the 60's Building. It's the closest and most active pools and buildings to the main building. PLUS it's just a holding hand and a skip down the bridge to the new Art of Animation building where you can dine, lounge and dive all over the new resort.

ALSO you can hope on the Art of Animation buses when at the parks and then walk across the bridge back to your room. You know, if the Pop Century buses are late or too busy to board around the time you're leaving the park.

If you have a room facing the pool then grab some fun stuff to post in the window, stick to it, decorate the window with your own christmas decor. A lot of people decorate their Pop Century 60's pool view windows because you get alot of people traffic who can enjoy it and help create an atmosphere of holiday dazzle.

If you got the big bucks then you could have Disney put stuff in the room before you check it like flowers, christmas packages that includes candy and mickey mouse, it's from their website Christmas & Holiday Magic Lake Buena Vista florist - flowers Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830 | Disney Floral & Gifts

Hope you and your boyfriend have a magical time.
    Thanks for the tips. I know you can get a fridge for free if you have medication.
    Jeff Wayne

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I don't have any tips as to how to get the room you want. However, I did stay at Pop Century in 2009, and I really enjoyed myself. I traveled with my grandson and his mom, and we had connecting rooms. That set up was perfect for us. I asked for the connecting rooms when I made the reservation, and I was delighted when they honored our request. It was nice that the rooms connected, rather than just be next to each other.

I loved the resort. The giant icons really put me in the Disney mood. I used the foodcourt each morning, and it was very convenient at night after we returned from a long day in the parks. The bus service worked very well. I never waited very long for one.

Enjoy your stay. You made your requests known. I wish you luck getting them. Wish I knew the secret to 100% success. I'd surely pass it along.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I don't have any tips as to how to get the room you want. However, I did stay at Pop Century in 2009, and I really enjoyed myself. I traveled with my grandson and his mom, and we had connecting rooms. That set up was perfect for us. I asked for the connecting rooms when I made the reservation, and I was delighted when they honored our request. It was nice that the rooms connected, rather than just be next to each other.

I loved the resort. The giant icons really put me in the Disney mood. I used the foodcourt each morning, and it was very convenient at night after we returned from a long day in the parks. The bus service worked very well. I never waited very long for one.

Enjoy your stay. You made your requests known. I wish you luck getting them. Wish I knew the secret to 100% success. I'd surely pass it along.
    That's great to know that honored your requests! Sounds like you had a great experience!
    Jeff Wayne

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I know you can get a fridge for free if you have medication.
    Whaaaaaaaa? Interesting. Thanks for the tip back and thanks Barbaraann!!!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Whaaaaaaaa? Interesting. Thanks for the tip back and thanks Barbaraann!!!
    I know right? I have a family member who has insulin that needs to be refridgerated so anytime we don't have one where we're staying (pretty much anywhere), we get one. free. I don't know how. It just happens.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine711 View Post
    I know right? I have a family member who has insulin that needs to be refridgerated so anytime we don't have one where we're staying (pretty much anywhere), we get one. free. I don't know how. It just happens.
    This is true with practically any hotel. I'm not sure if it's a law or not. It's nice to know just in case you are traveling with medication or kids that need things.
    Jeff Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    This is true with practically any hotel. I'm not sure if it's a law or not. It's nice to know just in case you are traveling with medication or kids that need things.
    I think it is, because they can't stop people with certain medical issues from bringing food anywhere, like movie theaters or theme parks that don't typically allow outside food, if they have proof. So why not with a fridge?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine711 View Post
    I think it is, because they can't stop people with certain medical issues from bringing food anywhere, like movie theaters or theme parks that don't typically allow outside food, if they have proof. So why not with a fridge?
    Sounds about right. I have to stay in hotels for my work and some fellow workers use the medical card to get a fridge. And this is all over the country.
    Jeff Wayne

It's nice! one of those situations where people who actually need help can get it!

All rooms at Pop Century come with a fridge now included, so no need to get all diabetic. If the OP payed for a preferred room, then they will be close to Classic Hall anyway, no big deal to me on which bldg you are in. I believe this is the first year that Disney has made a separate category for pool view rooms, so if you want a pool view preferred room, you can book it that way. If the King bed is on your reservation, Disney knows about it. You aren't actually assigned a room in the system until a few days before you arrive, so there's no way to know right now what you'll get. Mention it to the person checking you in before they get all the way through and hand you your packet at the end... you could also see if there are King rooms in other parts of the resort if it's important to you. Some (I'm not sure if all) King rooms double as the handicap accessible rooms with a roll-in shower; they'll be on the first floor. I'm not sure if this affects what you're looking for in a "view". The room numbers are four digits: first number is the building number and the second is the floor, you can tell what floor you're on once you get your room number and ask the CM to change if you want a higher or lower floor. Have fun!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by crlachepinochet View Post
    All rooms at Pop Century come with a fridge now included, so no need to get all diabetic. If the OP payed for a preferred room, then they will be close to Classic Hall anyway, no big deal to me on which bldg you are in. I believe this is the first year that Disney has made a separate category for pool view rooms, so if you want a pool view preferred room, you can book it that way. If the King bed is on your reservation, Disney knows about it. You aren't actually assigned a room in the system until a few days before you arrive, so there's no way to know right now what you'll get. Mention it to the person checking you in before they get all the way through and hand you your packet at the end... you could also see if there are King rooms in other parts of the resort if it's important to you. Some (I'm not sure if all) King rooms double as the handicap accessible rooms with a roll-in shower; they'll be on the first floor. I'm not sure if this affects what you're looking for in a "view". The room numbers are four digits: first number is the building number and the second is the floor, you can tell what floor you're on once you get your room number and ask the CM to change if you want a higher or lower floor. Have fun!
    Thank you! This is all very helpful!
    Jeff Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by crlachepinochet View Post
    Some (I'm not sure if all) King rooms double as the handicap accessible rooms with a roll-in shower; they'll be on the first floor. I'm not sure if this affects what you're looking for in a "view". !
    Yes, in my experience, the only King bed rooms at the Value resorts are the handicap accessible rooms, which are likely to be on the first floor (not the best views, and not so great for quiet or privacy), and have the option of adjoining to the next room (ditto on quiet and privacy).

It might not hurt to call the resort maybe a week before you arrive to inquire about whether your room has been assigned yet, and make one last request. I'm not sure when exactly they assign the rooms, but if you wait until you get there, you might be stuck with whatever they give you, depending on how full the hotel is. But if you paid for a preferred room, you can rest assured that you will be close to the main building, at least.

Regardless of how exactly your room turns out, I'm sure you will have a memorable trip! Who needs to spend a bunch of time in the hotel anyways, when there is so much to see and do? Have a great time!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PBandJ View Post
    Yes, in my experience, the only King bed rooms at the Value resorts are the handicap accessible rooms, which are likely to be on the first floor (not the best views, and not so great for quiet or privacy), and have the option of adjoining to the next room (ditto on quiet and privacy).

It might not hurt to call the resort maybe a week before you arrive to inquire about whether your room has been assigned yet, and make one last request. I'm not sure when exactly they assign the rooms, but if you wait until you get there, you might be stuck with whatever they give you, depending on how full the hotel is. But if you paid for a preferred room, you can rest assured that you will be close to the main building, at least.

Regardless of how exactly your room turns out, I'm sure you will have a memorable trip! Who needs to spend a bunch of time in the hotel anyways, when there is so much to see and do? Have a great time!
    This was exactly our thought, we aren't going to spend much time in the room at all
    Jeff Wayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast