My family is beginning some very long term preliminary planning for our first trip to WDW. (Talking 2 to 3 years from now so obviously things can change but we're looking for rough ideas at this point.)
1) Of all the DVC hotels which one seems to be the most popular?
2) Is there a strong animal smell in the Savanna View rooms at the African Lodge? (I personally don't care but it seems to worry my wife.)
3) If we were to stay one week in one hotel and then move to another hotel for the second week does Disney offer a service to move our belongings between the hotels? (Truth be told this is probably going to be our one and only trip to WDW so we though experiencing two hotels might be worthwhile.)
4) Which hotel is best suited if we only stick to the resort (centrally positioned, well connected to the resorts transportation system etc.)
5) Which hotel would be the best hotel to allow easy access to areas outside the resort? (Grocery Shopping, Universal, Sea World, Kennedy Space Centre etc.)
6) How many days would you all recommending spending at each of the four main parks at the resort?
7) We'll be flying in from Seattle as Alaska appears to be the only airline that does non-stop flights to Orlando from SeaTac (and no one does non-stop between Vancouver and Orlando at the present time) so how long is the drive from the airport to the resort? (As we plan on visiting many areas outside the resort a rental vehicle is a must for us.)
This trip is most likely going to use up three years worth of points (banked, current and borrowed) so we want to try and make the most of it.