My wife and I are planning on hitting WDW with our two young boys for our first time for about 4 days next year before our Disney Cruise. They have never been to FL and I haven't been to WDW since the early 90s as a kid. At the time, we stayed at the Contemporary Resort which was unbelievable to me as a kid. Knowing that times have changed along with hotel prices, I had a few questions about staying on the loop and Moderate vs. Deluxe resorts. I hope some of the experts might be able to help me out.
1. The financial side of me says there is no monetary reason to stay on the loop, but the fun part of me says blow the family budget there. Does staying on the loop actually translate into getting into the parks (MK and Epcot) sooner? Do they present other transportation advantages that the moderate ones don't in terms of time savings?
2. What other amenities/experiences do the deluxe resorts offer that the moderate ones don't that help justify the price to my wife?
3. What do the moderate resorts offer (other than price savings) that are better than the deluxe resorts?
4. What moderate resorts do you guys recommend so that I can do some more research on them?
5. Are there any disadvantages with the transportation from the moderate resorts to the parks?
6. What else should I be aware of when planning our trip (yeah, a broad question I know)?
Thanks a ton.