• Sock Puppet

Planning my first WDW trip and i need help/input!

I'm looking to do this without a travel agent, it's just me and my gf going. Mid October is when we plan on going. Probably for 4 days but only 3 nights.

I know some specifics of what i'd like to do/stay.

I definitely want to stay in the Art of Animation Little Mermaid Room.

But i need help in figuring out meals and events/shows.

Do the fireworks and other shows at night etc. cost extra? Will the Halloween festivities cost extra?

I'm willing to pay extra for these, i just need to be able to plan on them.

What is the best route to take for eating? Should i get a meal plan or should i wing it? Just get meals out of pocket when hungry?

I'm looking to go all over the park, should i get a park hopper? What does a basic ticket not allow me that a hopper would?

I'm brand new to the parks so any help with these topics or anything else you think i should know would be very helpful!

• Under that tree again!

Re: Planning my first WDW trip and i need help/input!

Quote Originally Posted by jade88 View Post
    Do the fireworks and other shows at night etc. cost extra?
    No, they are included in the regular park admission.

Will the Halloween festivities cost extra?
    Yes, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is extra. You will want to plan your days out soon and get tickets well before going.

What is the best route to take for eating? Should i get a meal plan or should i wing it? Just get meals out of pocket when hungry?
    The Disney Dining Plan is hardly nessecary and I would only adjust your reservation to include if it's free.

While eating as you stomach demands is fine, if you want to do table service meals it's not. Make reservations upto 6 months out for table service meals or expect to eat at off hours with super long waits for tables.

I'm looking to go all over the park, should i get a park hopper? What does a basic ticket not allow me that a hopper would?
    A basic ticket means you can enter one park, with in/out privledges each day. A hopper lets you go from one park to another is the same day. For a short visit you probably want to hop so you can go to another park when the park you are in closes.

I'm brand new to the parks so any help with these topics or anything else you think i should know would be very helpful!
    At that time the Food and Wine Festival will be happening in Epcot. This doesn't mean much except that there will be lots of little snacks and drinks for sale in kiosks set up along the walkway around World Shocase.
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...wine-festival/
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    No, they are included in the regular park admission.

Yes, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is extra. You will want to plan your days out soon and get tickets well before going.

The Disney Dining Plan is hardly nessecary and I would only adjust your reservation to include if it's free.

While eating as you stomach demands is fine, if you want to do table service meals it's not. Make reservations upto 6 months out for table service meals or expect to eat at off hours with super long waits for tables.

A basic ticket means you can enter one park, with in/out privledges each day. A hopper lets you go from one park to another is the same day. For a short visit you probably want to hop so you can go to another park when the park you are in closes.

At that time the Food and Wine Festival will be happening in Epcot. This doesn't mean much except that there will be lots of little snacks and drinks for sale in kiosks set up along the walkway around World Shocase.
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...wine-festival/

Thanks for the great info!

I have a few more questions.

Where does is the best place to watch the Main Street Electrical Parade at WDW? What about the Halloween Fireworks?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by jade88 View Post
    Where does is the best place to watch the Main Street Electrical Parade at WDW? What about the Halloween Fireworks?
    For the MSEP it doesn't really matter. However if you go to a Halloween Party, it has it's own special parade, it's very helpful to be along Main Street to watch that, for one particular part, but the rest of the parade it doesn't matter.

For Fireworks, it is best to be where you can easily see the front of the Castle. Many areas in the Hub the spokes to lands and back down Main Street toward the gates will get you that view. It's best to be in the Hub but that is also the most crowded area.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.