• Sock Puppet

Incidental charges hold on cards when staying on site?

When going to book my vacation online i get this option

'' Save time when you arrive by adding this card for incidental expenses and charges to your Disney hotel resort account during your stay.

How does this work and is it neccessary? I only have a Visa debit card and don't want them putting holds on money i will need when i'm there. Do they always place these holds, will they ask me about it when i check in?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Incidental charges hold on cards when staying on site?

I've never had that happen when I've stayed on property. Granted I've only stayed at the value and moderate resorts. Where are you staying? The deluxe hotels might do that. But in my experience, a typical hold is $50-$75. I suggest calling your hotel, asking them about it and if necessary, explaining the situation.

Some people just charge everything to their room, so they have a credit card linked to their hotel room key. But that is optional. You din't HAVE to do that.

But like I said, call the hotel and ask.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I've never had that happen when I've stayed on property. Granted I've only stayed at the value and moderate resorts. Where are you staying? The deluxe hotels might do that. But in my experience, a typical hold is $50-$75. I suggest calling your hotel, asking them about it and if necessary, explaining the situation.

Some people just charge everything to their room, so they have a credit card linked to their hotel room key. But that is optional. You din't HAVE to do that.

But like I said, call the hotel and ask.

I should've listed my hotel duh! Haha.

I'm staying at the Art of Animation Little Mermaid room.

What kind've things would people charge to their rooms, food?

• Under that tree again!

An incidental charge is a way for hotels to recoup costs, for things such as, stolen linens and smashed furniture. This is why hotel's reservations and stays require a credit card, so guest can't pay in cash and steal, wreck a room and run away.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by jade View Post
    What kind've things would people charge to their rooms, food?
    Meals, snacks, souvenir purchases...

Disney does not place a hold on your card. This will allow you to keep your visa debit card locked in your in room safe and use your room key for everything. Any food, and souveniers, snacks, etc. If you lose your card in the parks, your SOL. If you lose your room key, Disney can replace it instantly, and whoever finds your room key will not have any access do your debit card. You can also put your cash down on your account, but you will still need to put a debit or credit card down on your hotel account in order for you room key to be valid for charging. This is also better then carrying a lump of cash into the parks. If you spend more then the cast you put down, your debit card will cover the difference. If you spend less, you may cash out the remain balance at any time.

hope this helps. In generally, I recommend doing this. it is much safering the carring your actual debit card or cash around everywhere you go. And just about everywhere on propert, from the popcorn carts to the stores, to the full service resturants, will take your room key as a form of payment for your purchase. The resort your staying at will block you account once you reach a certain balance, usually $500. At the point you can either go to the Front desk and pay it off, or call them and tell them to clear out the account via your debit card on file. Once this happens, your room key will be renewed and able to charge again.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    Disney does not place a hold on your card. This will allow you to keep your visa debit card locked in your in room safe and use your room key for everything. Any food, and souveniers, snacks, etc. If you lose your card in the parks, your SOL. If you lose your room key, Disney can replace it instantly, and whoever finds your room key will not have any access do your debit card. You can also put your cash down on your account, but you will still need to put a debit or credit card down on your hotel account in order for you room key to be valid for charging. This is also better then carrying a lump of cash into the parks. If you spend more then the cast you put down, your debit card will cover the difference. If you spend less, you may cash out the remain balance at any time.

hope this helps. In generally, I recommend doing this. it is much safering the carring your actual debit card or cash around everywhere you go. And just about everywhere on propert, from the popcorn carts to the stores, to the full service resturants, will take your room key as a form of payment for your purchase. The resort your staying at will block you account once you reach a certain balance, usually $500. At the point you can either go to the Front desk and pay it off, or call them and tell them to clear out the account via your debit card on file. Once this happens, your room key will be renewed and able to charge again.

Great information here, thank you!

Do they force you to add a card to your account, they allude to it on the website?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by jade View Post
    Do they force you to add a card to your account, they allude to it on the website?
    You need one for your room reservation.

You do not need to add a card to your Key to the World for charging purposes.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.