Uk couple traveling to WDW(hopefully!)

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to travel to orlando from the uk in September but main thing I'm having issues with is budget! I don't want to book something I cant afford but haven't visiting since being a kid so haven't got a clue!

What's the cheapest people have done this trip for?

I'm hoping on 14 days, all Disney parks, universal and Kennedy space centre.

Realistically what will we need to spend to get there and tickets and how much spending money?

The other half has never been so he's worried we can't afford this but I don't really want to go anywhere else!!

Any tips, help, advice appreciated thanks

Re: Uk couple traveling to WDW(hopefully!)

Not sure if this could help in the decision making, but one of our fellow micechatters posted this thread a while back about the WDW resorts. And many people replied with their opinions and some good pointers.

What's the best themed Disney hotel in Florida?
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Thanks il have a look at the link.

Think my main issue is how much it will cost us as a couple as a lot of prices are for a family of 4 sharing a room.

Thanks

You're welcome. I can definitely understand when it comes to the cost of a trip. Everyone knows Disney is very expensive. Even when it comes to planning for one of the Value resorts. If you go for one of those, in my opinion the Animation Resort is the best one because of how it's styled. The rooms are very well designed and definitely geared towards families. If you plan for just after Labor Day in September, I believe that is one of Disney's slow periods. The busy Summer season has just ended and its right before the Halloween festivities kicks in.

However, depending on when you go, the Food & Wine Festival occurs at Epcot so that could attract a number of tourists. Probably making Epcot the busiest of the parks during that time frame. Having said that, if you go during those times, be sure to plan one of your days to be at Epcot when they first open especially if its on a weekend. And plan to have Soarin be your first attraction, followed by Test Track. Because on busy days like on the weekends, the Fast Passes for those two run out very quickly. A prime example is my trip to the property yesterday. Because it's Star Wars Weekends, Hollywood Studios was very crowded & the busiest of the 4 parks. And Toy Story Mania is the one attraction there above all else that has its Fast Passes run out quickly. They were out of them by 3pm. But because it was also the last weekend for the Flower & Garden Festival, Soarin & Test Track ran out early as well.

Lastly, you can count on this site and your fellow micechatters on here to offer many helpful tips in the planning process. Yes it can get expensive, because that's how Disney is. But consider it this way. You get what you pay for and that is the finest quality in a vacation experience. Its why it's the #1 vacation spot in the world. Staying off property just does not give you the same experience. Sure you're on property for at least 90% of the time, but you're using your own transportation and you're returning to some semi-nice hotel without the Disney feeling. On property, you have monorails & shuttle buses to use, along with many other extras, to have at your convenience. And I close by giving one tip I say to every person that comes to visit. When you get here, especially if your chosen resort is by Magic Kingdom, Epcot, or the Animal Kingdom Lodge, when you arrive there soak it in. When you're there at any of the 4 MK properties, you can hear the sounds of the park. Take a moment to close your eyes & soak in the sounds & the feelings of where you are. You've come a long way for the type of vacation experience that not many get to enjoy, especially coming from across the pond. It may take a chunk out of your pocketbook, but you get what you pay for. So while you're here, stop & smell the roses.

One last thing. For your trip if you have smartphones, be sure to get the app titled My Disney Experience - WDW. It is a FREE Disney app for Android phones and it is VERY helpful. It works off cellular service or Wi-Fi if you're concerned about roaming charges. But unlike the other free Disney app, Disney Mobile Magic, this one is exclusive to WDW and actually shows the wait times AND the Fast Pass return times for every single attraction. You can also make dinner reservations and it has tools for help planning your trip during your stay. I highly recommend getting this app because it shows the wait times & Fast Pass times so its easier to know which attractions to go to or what shows to see.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

The link to the app I posted above is to the Google play store where you can download the app for android phones. But here is the link to Disney's page for their app. If you click where it says "Free Mobile App" below the picture, it will take you to the page that also provides links for iTunes, Amazon, and Google.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pl...NG.AM.01.01U4S

So I went ahead and booked. Ended up at the all star music for 14 nights. Meant it wasn't too expensive and I got to stay on property so excited so que lots of questions from me! It's been 16 years since I was last at WDW and my boyfriend has only ever had 1 day in Disneyland Paris