First timer question

Hey Mice- chatters,

Heading to Disney World with a 5 day hopper on February 3rd until the 11th. I did the first time Disneyland trip last February and this forum was a massive help in making that trip a major success! A few questions:

1- Comparing the two resorts, what are the main differences besides the size?

2- Based on my dates above, what days would you attend the parks, and which ones on which days? ( I am staying off site at the Sheraton Vistanas Villas so won't have the magic mornings unfortunately!)

3-Any fast pass tips? I am assuming the times have been enforced, I was lucky last year and they were not yet enforcing them at DL. What fp would you go for in the a.m at each park?

4- Besides Splash, any other good rides that are closed for refurbs?

5- Parking suggestions would be great as I will be driving to the parks.

6- If we decide to do a Character meal, which one would have the best grub?

7- is Universal worth doing on the off days and if so are there ever any 1 day discounted tickets available at Costco or other stores in Orlando? Right now they have a deal where if you buy a 2 day, u get third free. This would be a waste of money as we could only use the 2 days based on our time of stay.

8- Any other tips and suggestions would be great.

Thanks again.

• Under that tree again!

Re: First timer question

1. 4 parks but nearly the same number of attractions. This means there are more parks to go to but less rides per park. While most of the attractions are the same, they have small difference so don't avoid one just because it was in DL. I would not do Soarin if you want to save time, because other than the queue it's all the same. Each park takes about 1 full day to visit, although Animal Kingdom can take less than a full day and Epcot takes more than a day.

The hotels can also be interesting to visit, particularly the deluxe resort lobbies and can be good place for a meal.

The parking lots are massive.

2. To simply avoid crowds avoid a park with Extra Magic Hours. Also with a car you can hop from park to park. If you go to Animal Kingdom it and it closes late, hop to a park staying open later. Check the calendar to see which park is hosting Extra Magic Hours at www.disneyworld.com and plan around them.

3. Yes they are enforced so return at the return time. A big difference is WDW parks have many more FP attractions. These attractions are best to do right away and/or with FP.

Animal Kingdom-Everest
    Disney Hollywood Studios- Toy Story Mania
    Epcot-Soarin
    Magic Kingdom- Space Mountain but Peter Pan is a good alternative.

4. I'm not sure but it's on the website.

5. Park in front of each park, but at the MK that is the ticket and transporation center. From the TTC to MK you park then ride a monorail or ferry, boat is usually faster but you should try each.

6. Who is in your party? There is a character meal in each delux resort and each park. So lots of choices.

7. Have you ever been to a Universal Park? Then Yes. If you have then still go to Island of Adventure. Go strait to the Forbidden Journey.

You only need 2 days and don't have to hop but may. Hoppers at Universal are called Park to Park.

You can buy on the internet Florida theme park tickets that do not have FL sales tax on them. This can save a few bucks. Many sites sell these, be careful of extra fees at check out, and research the site to make sure it's a real ticket seller.

From Vistana plan about 30-45 minutes to get to the gates. It can take a while to park and get to the gates, plus the driving isn't very fast even though it's just 7-12 miles.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Re: First timer question

Thanks Swampymarsh, I truly appreciate it! You helped me out a lot last year with Disneyland, and obviously it worked out well enough for us to return to another Disney park a year later!