Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• xmanmom

Re: An Introduction To WDW For DLR Vets

Quote Originally Posted by HydroGuy View Post
    I would be curious of other folks experience on weekends vs. weekdays at WDW, and what time of year those experiences occured.
    Well, I am far from an expert as well, since I have only been once. I was just speaking from my one experience which was late September/early October.

Thanks again for all the work you put into this guide.

• Senior Minion

Great job! Thanks for such an informative thread, it is truly going to help me in planning my upcoming trip.

I am a WDW vet and I found this quite interesting. I hope to make it to WDL sometime soon.
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

nice job...thanks for taking the time to do this...

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by Risa View Post
    I am a WDW vet and I found this quite interesting. I hope to make it to WDL sometime soon.
    Just in case you did see the link in the OP, you may find this helpful: "A DLR Guide for WDW Vets" www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30900.

By "WDL" I think you must mean "Walt DisneyLand", which will confuse some folks as DisneyLand Resort (DLR) is the official name and will be recognizable to more people.

FWIW, my OP here was written more from the head, while my DLR Guide was written more from the heart as that is home for me.

Whoops...duh....I meant DLR.
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

Awesome!!
    I am heading to WDW in April! I have been trying to wrap my head around the differences this thread helps a lot.

But considering that I spent 5 day at DLR easily and still feel I have not got enough. I was shocked that with 4 parks people suggest just 1 day each for AK and MGM and 2 days each for MK and Epcot. The items that keeps coming up for me is the number of attractions. Yes I know that "attractions" means different things to different people. But what I looked at was the Disney official count of attractions. This is what I found

DL= 59
    DCA= 31
    MK= 35
    Epcot= 42
    MGM= 17
    AK= 21

That means DLR= 90 and WDW=115

I know that I am not looking at the water parks but I thought it was interesting just 25 additional attractions at WDW it helped me understand why I am not going to need 6 days just at MK!!!

This one time on Friends . . .

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandPlanner View Post
    But considering that I spent 5 day at DLR easily and still feel I have not got enough. I was shocked that with 4 parks people suggest just 1 day each for AK and MGM and 2 days each for MK and Epcot. The items that keeps coming up for me is the number of attractions. Yes I know that "attractions" means different things to different people. But what I looked at was the Disney official count of attractions. This is what I found

DL= 59
    DCA= 31
    MK= 35
    Epcot= 42
    MGM= 17
    AK= 21

That means DLR= 90 and WDW=115

I know that I am not looking at the water parks but I thought it was interesting just 25 additional attractions at WDW it helped me understand why I am not going to need 6 days just at MK!!!
    "Attraction" is a very fluid word at Disney parks. Here is my count:

It is somewhat ambiguous what is and is not a ride, and I had to use some judgement. I have it all in an Excel spreadsheet and think I was fair to both parks. Here is what I came up with:

WDW - 72
    DLR - 66

See spreadsheet copies here http://hydroguy.smugmug.com/gallery/...#90919695-L-LB for DLR and http://hydroguy.smugmug.com/gallery/...#90919696-L-LB for WDW. The WDW count is short one, as Epcot added the Nemo ride since I posted. But DLR will soon have its Nemo ride, and thus both will have one extra than I counted here.

MK - 32
    Epcot - 19 (+Nemo)
    MGM - 10
    AK - 11

DL - 41
    DCA - 25

In total, WDW's four parks only have about 10% more rides than DLR's two parks.

WDW - 72
    DLR - 66
    I agree! I just used the numbers that Disney Counts as attraction which does include things I would not include but it was consistent.

I thinking it is really telling with your numbers or the numbers I found that the DLR and WDW are very comparable. I have always had this vision of the HUGE WDW and the little DLR. It just helped me put things into perspective WDW is like getting a car but DLR is like getting a Diamond Ring both are AWESOME presents!!

This one time on Friends . . .

• Long live the Fire Lord

Don't forget WDW has much, much more theming in the parks. If your a shutterbug like me, you can spends days just photographing the parks.
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

• Defying gravity

It is somewhat ambiguous what is and is not a ride, and I had to use some judgement. I have it all in an Excel spreadsheet and think I was fair to both parks. Here is what I came up with:

WDW - 72
    DLR - 66

See spreadsheet copies here http://hydroguy.smugmug.com/gallery/...#90919695-L-LB for DLR and http://hydroguy.smugmug.com/gallery/...#90919696-L-LB for WDW. The WDW count is short one, as Epcot added the Nemo ride since I posted. But DLR will soon have its Nemo ride, and thus both will have one extra than I counted here.

MK - 32
    Epcot - 19 (+Nemo)
    MGM - 10
    AK - 11

DL - 41
    DCA - 25

In total, WDW's four parks only have about 10% more rides than DLR's two parks.
    However, WDW is not all about the "attractions." World Showcase takes a lot of time to "see" properly. You walk around and enjoy the sights, even though you are seldomly on a "ride."

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    However, WDW is not all about the "attractions." World Showcase takes a lot of time to "see" properly. You walk around and enjoy the sights, even though you are seldomly on a "ride."
    Good point. I was responding to someone else's count of attractions. I was not attempting to compare the two resorts solely on the basis of attractions.

• Circle of Ancients

thank you so much!! im going to WDW this summer and i am all DLR. this guide really helped me
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Pathetically Obsessed

Hey now! Let's not pick nits here.

The idea is to give an overview for people who understand DLR. I'm finding this guide to be EXTREMELY helpful and I thank you Hydro for putting this together.

I have now bought all the books I care to for WDW vacation planning and nothing so far has been as helpful as this. ONLY because I do understand DLR, so we can cut through all the Disney 101 stuff and get to real, helpful trip planning info.

This was no small effort either. Props to you and some rep Hydro!

Thank You!!!
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredByWalt View Post
    Hey now! Let's not pick nits here.

The idea is to give an overview for people who understand DLR. I'm finding this guide to be EXTREMELY helpful and I thank you Hydro for putting this together.

I have now bought all the books I care to for WDW vacation planning and nothing so far has been as helpful as this. ONLY because I do understand DLR, so we can cut through all the Disney 101 stuff and get to real, helpful trip planning info.

This was no small effort either. Props to you and some rep Hydro!

Thank You!!!
    Oh shucks. Glad it helped you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast