Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Nerd.

Talking A former DL vet...now living in Florida.

As a person who grew up in L.A. as a DLR girl....well it was just DL then....and then ended up in Florida (been to WDW twice), I found this thread to be a very interesting read.

I would have to pretty much agree with what you posted. I do like DL better than MK overall, with a few exception (as you noted too.) There is something just so historical about being at DL...Walt was there! But it sure is cool to have 3 other major parks (and more) to explore when you are at WDW. It takes some time to realize that attractions you are used to just having at DL are spread out in the other parks. Looking for Star Tours at TL? Nope, it's in MGM. As you said, do your research before getting on that monorail!

DL vets will love feeling even more immersed in the Disney experience at WDW. And you are right, it does appear that character breakfasts/dinners are a bigger deal at the park. Though, you might be bummed to hear there is no restaurant located in the Pirates ride. It will be fun to ride the PeopleMover again...though it looks a bit different and is not of the same name. I highly recommend renting a private boat to take you on the lake that faces MK at night for the fireworks. It is an AMAZING experience that you just can't have at DLR.

The only thing I would really add to say to a DL vet/WDW newbie is to truly look at a map of MK. Last summer was my first time to MK, and I was there at night (it was EMH.) I strolled in acting like some big expert who knew where everything was. I can't tell you how silly I looked to my DH and friends telling them that I was sure I could somehow get us around Big Thunder Mtn. and walk right into Fantasyland. Confused, I also wonder why the river isn't *between * Splash and Big Thunder? That just doesn't make sense! And why the heck was HM somewhere in the middle of the park....and not off to the way left of Main Street?

So get a map....and study where things are because, while similar to the layout of DL, it is different! And it isn't as quick to run across from one end of the park to the other.

Most all of...have a blast. I spent too much time comparing on my last visit. This time, I just plan to soak it all in! They are different and wonderful in their own right.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Re: An Introduction To WDW For DLR Vets

Do all the parks in WDW beat DL?

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post
    Do all the parks in WDW beat DL?
    My personal opinion is that none of the parks at WDW beat the DL park.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by HydroGuy View Post
    My personal opinion is that none of the parks at WDW beat the DL park.

Awesome!

Thumbs up Re: An Introduction To WDW For DLR Vets

i think this is the best thing i have ever seen on here!!
    it was exactly what i was looking for down to the very last detail.
    and i am a complete DLR vet. i know my way around and can tell you all the background and disney secrets behind each ride/area/activity and so this is perfect for my type
    thank you so much!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123