• 1000th Guest!!!

Second star from the left and on to dusk.

Epcot Dive Quest

EPCOT DiveQuest – Review and Rating
    Ever wanted to dive for 40 minutes in a perfect 78 degree ocean with more fish than you could kick a fin at? How about toping it off with a beer and fish ‘n chips while watching a fireworks show soon after. DiveQuest at The Living Seas, correction, “The Seas with Nemo and Friends” will fit the bill. Forget boat dives, this is by far the easiest dive I have ever encountered, and at 40 minutes, one of the longest. I took the plunge (no giant stride here) on 10-23-07.
    • Duration: 3 hours
    • Cost: $140 per person. Must be Scuba certified. Bring C-Card.
    • Tour runs twice a day 4:30pm and 5:30pm
    The tour consists of four parts. The gathering of the certification cards outside of Epcot by the guest relations office. An in-depth tour of the faculty, the dive itself, and finally a debrief section which allowed you to update your log book and watch the video of your group scuba diving. All told it took about 3 hours to complete.
    The tour is offered twice a day, with the divers entering into the tank at approximately 5:15 for the first group and approximately 6:30 for the second group. All the equipment is provided, though you can bring your own mask if you’d like. They use 2.5 mm shorties with the DiveQuest logo on the arms. Very cool! Very nice changing rooms with lockers, showers containing soap and shampoo are provided for your use. After the dive, you meet up in a very comfortable debrief room with sodas and a large screen TV, used to view your dive video (which can be purchased for $35 all proceeds goes to their Ocean conservatory programs).

Here is a video produced by DustySage using his own footage along with the Epcot dive video. I believe he did a fantastic job on it. Much better than the video I got from Disney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<a hr...IuA2-BDu_4</a>Video by Dusty. Goofiness by me.

Personal notes:
    • Being marched out into the pavilion while the DM is shouting “Divers! Divers on Deck!” made the experience even more surreal. Suck in that gut.
    • The tank is massive at 200 feet in diameter and 27 feet deep. There are a few off limits areas, which they will inform you before your dive.
    • People really, really dig scuba divers. You’ll be the star while in the tank. Ham it up!
    • The sharks have a set themselves predetermined path way. If you lay down near the observation deck one of the sharks will swim right over you. Another one is in the darker section of the tank, at about 15 foot level. Yeah I found that out the hard way.
    • If you run out of air, you can surface and ask for a second tank. It takes less than 40 seconds to get you back to the dive.
    • Of our group of 11, 8 of us got Scuba certified because of this pavilion. I’m one of them, and I’m glad I did it.
    • You don’t need an Epcot admission ticket for this tour. Once it’s over they’ll release you into the park. Its free admission so head to France, grab a drink, toast to an excellent dive and to your good fortune.
    This line left blank in good taste.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Re: Epcot Dive Quest

Looks like a dream come true.

So cool! Great video, Dusty!

Lu
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

We heard your enthusiastic description of the dive, so it's cool to see the video. I know this experience meant a lot to you. I'm glad it turned out so well. You were floating on Cloud Nine for days after this!
    Rick

• Feeling LOVED

My son got to experience the dive quest without the weights..and had a fabulous time. For a 10 year old it made his life. Glad to hear the full scuba will be well worth it for him when he is certified.
    HEARTS CLUB !!