Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Which site to use to plan?

I'm taking my family to WDW in September, most likely from the 8th until the 15th. I've been wondering, is it cheaper to use the WDW site or is it better to plan using sites like travelocity.com or the sort?

I'm trying to compare packages with and without flight/rental car as opposed to using our own car. I'd rather fly there and rent a car if need be. I plan on getting the 5 day park hopper, that way we have time to see the parks but we also have a day or two to just relax and check out Orlando.

Any info would be great.

Re: Which site to use to plan?

like to check the latest deals with
    www.mousesavers.com

she will tell you if there are any codes out for you.

otherwise might consider a value resort or rent a reservation from a DVC member.

really like Pop century in the value. that is assuming you are staying onsite at WDW.

if you are you can use DME and not even get a rental car. You don't need one at WDW.

like to fly with southwest www.southwest.com

southwest and the other budget airlines don't appear on the travelocity or expedia or orbit.

offsite there is a long list - hotels, condo, even houses that can be rented cheaper than a moderate at WDW.

• Banned User

Well, with travelocity.com I put together an 11day/10night hotel stay, flight to and from, rental car and 7 day park hopper for $2500. This is for 2 adults and 2 kids, ages 8 and7. It's an off site hotel, but only 3 miles away. This isn't bad as the package I had put together on the WDW site was for 3k and it didn't include a rental car or flight.

I think we might actually stay from the 6th until the 16th, because we also want to hit the beach and look around town while we're down there. Thanks for the info though, I'll run through it right now.

what the hotel?

some hotel in the kissimmee/orlando area you do NOT want to stay in - especially with kids.

there are also some really nice hotels that have a similiar name to the bad ones.

• Little Miss Sunshine

It is very possible that a better offer will come down the pike with Disney for September. I don't necessarily think that you have to stay at Disney, but it is convenient. I'm curious what hotel you are staying at as well.

I generally don't buy a full vacation package, because changing just one component can be more difficult. Also, going to a 7 day park hopper from a 5 day is only about $4.00 more per ticket.

During the last 3 years, Disney has had the free dining offer for September. So that is something to think about. I know they have done it this year for the UK, and for bounceback guests, so hopefully for the general public too.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

orlando/kissimmee has some nice houses that you can rent from the owners

www.vrbo.com

long list of home owners condo's too - if you want it.

• Disneyholic

When I go to plan I usually use the Dis and http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/ for things like menu's and prices. Last few times we went especially last minute travel I called Denise at Magical Travel www.magicaltravel.com they have access to specials and discounts like any other travel agency but they specialize in Disney Travel. I also like to use them because they throw in a bunch of Disney dollars (Good same as cash everywhere at WDW and the Disney stores) and either an Disney autograph book or Photo Album into the deal for free. So you generally do a bit better than booking directly though Disney.

If you have already booked though Disney I believe you can "transfer" the reservation to Magical Travel and usually get the Disney Dollars and other goodies, you cannot however transfer from another travel agency.

Bottom Line I don't work for them (yet... still hoping they'll call me up one day out of the blue...) but I have used them several times and never had any issues and got a better deal above and beyond what I would have gotten through AAA, Amex, or MiceSavers every time. Plus Denise and her staff are great to work with.

Now if your looking for planning software, there are a couple out there but I have not been very impressed with any of them, seriously considering writing one myself for fun one of these days... Best single source out there really is the Unofficial Guide book, still low tech unless they release a version for the Amazon Kindle...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• making magic is fun!

Thanks Jerren
    Kelly

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Quote Originally Posted by draybook View Post
    I'm taking my family to WDW in September, most likely from the 8th until the 15th. I've been wondering, is it cheaper to use the WDW site or is it better to plan using sites like travelocity.com or the sort?

I'm trying to compare packages with and without flight/rental car as opposed to using our own car. I'd rather fly there and rent a car if need be. I plan on getting the 5 day park hopper, that way we have time to see the parks but we also have a day or two to just relax and check out Orlando.

Any info would be great.
    You want to keep in mind if you use Travelocity, they cannot book special packages or discounts that might come up. You can book directly with Disney, but you will then have to check everyday to see if any specials have come out. The best way to do it is with a travel agency that deals with only Disney, such as Magical Travel. We will monitor your reservation constantly for specials because we are on the phones with Disney dozens of times a day. The savings can be substantial if a special comes out during your dates of travel. They do all the work for you, there is no charge, you just have to sit back and relax.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM and I'll be glad to help you.
    Last edited by Lindsy1052; 04-26-2008 at 06:48 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I'm bias to using Triple A (AAA)'s travel agency, for my husband works for the insurance branch of the company. They have great deals for members and are very knowledgable about the Resorts.

Of course, that's not a site, I just realized.

I SO need a vacation.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I used mousesavers to check for deals, tips, tricks, and how to find the best deal. I used AllEars for seeking out planning information, as well as tips & tricks for the parks, dining plan, hotels, etc. I checked the WDW Vacation Planning site to check for deals.

I ended up booking a package deal through Disney. I had a special deal through my Disney Rewards Visa that I took advantage of for booking the trip.

If you are going to book each part separately, I suggest using one of the great MC Sponsors: Orlando Fun Tickets. I have only heard great things about them.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    When I go to plan I usually use the Dis and http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/ for things like menu's and prices. Last few times we went especially last minute travel I called Denise at Magical Travel www.magicaltravel.com they have access to specials and discounts like any other travel agency but they specialize in Disney Travel. I also like to use them because they throw in a bunch of Disney dollars (Good same as cash everywhere at WDW and the Disney stores) and either an Disney autograph book or Photo Album into the deal for free. So you generally do a bit better than booking directly though Disney.
    Woo hoo...thank you, I asked them for a quote and I am very excited to see what they say!!!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

• We'll hold them at bay

I use Mouse Extra for tips
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    I use Mouse Extra for tips
    LOL your shameless
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• We'll hold them at bay