• DL College Program 97/98

Question Ticket Purchasing Advice Needed

I recently booked my WDW room (Contemporary) via the Disney reservation phone line. I booked my room "ala carte" and without any admission tickets in order to avoid being considered having bought a "package". (It's my understanding that the packages are more expensive since they give you insurance and you can't get a stripped down basic admission ticket.)

So my question is: Now that I'm looking to buy my admission tickets ala carte, how do I do so while still ensuring 1: That my ticket will allow me "Magical Hours" access to the parks, and 2: That I can get my admission tickets combined with my room key so I only have to carry one card around? (this is what I've had before when I bought a package.)

Should I purchase online from Disney's website and pick "pickup at will call" (assuming the front desk of my hotel is a will call pickup location?), or should I wait until I arrive and purchase my tickets from the hotel front desk at check-in (if you can)?, or Should I do something else to accomplish my goals?

Any help from you experts is appreciated!

• I was deleted.

Re: Ticket Purchasing Advice Needed

As a Disney Resort Guest you can participate in the Extra Magic Hours on your own ticket or admission. You simply show your room key for the morning days to approach the turnstiles or to get your wrist band for the night hours.

I'm unsure about combining them, but you can purchase them at the hotel.

I hope that makes sense! Feel free to ask if you have any other questions. Enjoy your trip!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I don't know about the stripped down tickets. Every time we have gone, we got the room & tickets together. And every time, the tickets have been base park tickets. One park each day. It's been my experience that it's cheaper. And easier.

It sounds like purchasing them at the hotel might be a good option to ensure it's on my room key card. However, do the tickets ever sell out at busy times? I'm arriving on New Year's Eve, so is there a chance they won't sell me a ticket because the parks are already too busy (like they do at DL)?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

The sponsor of this forum and the place I buy my own Disney World tickets is www.orlandofuntickets.com. It will save you some money (the more days, the bigger the savings) and they can send you your tickets or you can pick them up at their office (just down the street from Downtown Disney).
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    The sponsor of this forum and the place I buy my own Disney World tickets is www.orlandofuntickets.com. It will save you some money (the more days, the bigger the savings) and they can send you your tickets or you can pick them up at their office (just down the street from Downtown Disney).
    Do you know if when I arrive at the Resort, I can have them combine my tickets I bring along (because I bought them from orlandofuntickets) onto my guest room key card?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtfox View Post
    It sounds like purchasing them at the hotel might be a good option to ensure it's on my room key card. However, do the tickets ever sell out at busy times? I'm arriving on New Year's Eve, so is there a chance they won't sell me a ticket because the parks are already too busy (like they do at DL)?
    I believe they would still sell you a ticket, but not guarantee your entry on that day. (Just like every other day.)

As far as combining them, I'm not sure. Hopefully Eric from OFT would be able to shed some light on that aspect. But what is more important to you - having it all on one card or saving money? If you didn't want to book as a package to save money... wouldn't you want to buy your tickets a place you can save more?

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Quote Originally Posted by sgtfox View Post
    Do you know if when I arrive at the Resort, I can have them combine my tickets I bring along (because I bought them from orlandofuntickets) onto my guest room key card?
    I would give the reservation center a call, 407-W-DISNEY and ask them. I'm not 100% sure but I think the only tickets that become part of your room key are tickets sold along with a package. All other tickets are separate. I worked there for 10 years, but left 2 years ago and things may have changed.