Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WDW First Timer

• Banned User

Re: DW First Timer

Quote Originally Posted by shortiemetoo View Post
    I was hoping someone could help me with a few questions.

I am planning a trip to disneyworld for the first time. I have been to disneyland about 25 to 30 times, but disneyworld seems very overwhelming the more I look into it.

The trip will include myself, my daughter (24), my son in law (26), my grandsons who will be 6 mos old and 3 years old.

We are planning on staying at the New Orleans Riverside (I think that is what it's called, I'm so confused now), for 11 nights and going into the parks for 10 days with the park hopper feature. This will give us a couple of days down time!

I figure this way we can go at my 3 year old grandsons pace and still get to see and do a lot over the 10 day period.

We are going in Sept. and taking advantage of the free dining plan. This is really making the trip a lot more affordable!!
    The questions I have are:

The character meals I would like to take my grandson to include:
    The Crystal Palace char. dinner
    Liberty Tree Tavern char. dinner, and the
    Chef Mickey Char. dinner
    are there any that I really need to add to the list? Or would those be the best for a 3 year old?

I also had a question concerning the fantasmic/dinner package. Has anyone on the dining plan ever done this combo and do you know what the additional fees are for the fantasmic portion?

One last question ( for now anyway...lol ) can anyone share their favorite rides, restaurants and do not miss shows?

Thank you so very much!!!
    when are you going ??

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    when are you going ??

Thank you so much everyone!!! I am on total brain overload. Our plans keep changing...
    We were planning on WDW during free dining, then my son in law was told he had to go to two training sessions, one is 3 1/2 weeks in Sept...
    So we were going to go to our old faithful disneyland....
    Than after talking to Hakuna Makarla yesterday....I think we are going to go to WDW after all in Sept...and just change from a family suite to a regular room and enjoy the free dining.
    Talk about headaches....lol
    Thank you one and all for the helpful hints and advice!! You guys are AWESOME!!!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

• Minion

Well....plans have changed yet again!! We are going to the world....and we are staying at port orleans french quarter...
    We have all our ADR's booked.....except we may still forego Hoop De Doo and go to the pirate dinner off site.
    Thank you everyone for all the answers to my questions!! You guys are awesome!!

• Figment-a-holic

Have a great time!

• We'll hold them at bay

Well....plans have changed yet again!! We are going to the world....and we are staying at port orleans french quarter...
    We have all our ADR's booked.....except we may still forego Hoop De Doo and go to the pirate dinner off site.
    off-site? whats that?
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    off-site? whats that?
    lol cute! And ty chickles!

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Wink Re: DW First Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz4Disney View Post
    Hi! Glad to hear you are going to WDW!!! I have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and really liked the resort. We stayed in Alligator Bayou in building 15...close to the food court etc. One recommendation is if you are going to Downtown Disney, take the boat from the resort. It's such a relaxing, scenic ride!

As far as character dinners, one of my favorites is Liberty Tree Tavern. It's like sitting down for a Thanksgiving meal! So delicious! I have only been to Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace for character breakfasts, but I'm sure they are good for dinner. If you decide on choosing a character breakfast, Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House is a good one. Because you are on the free dining plan, my suggestion would be to call right away and get priority seatings. If you wait, you may have a slim choice of restaurants to choose from.

Must sees with little ones are:

Animal Kingdom:
    Kiliminjaro Safari
    The Lion King show
    Finding Nemo show
    A Bug's Life is great but sometimes little ones can get scared.
    Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade

Epcot:
    Living Seas with Nemo and Friends

Hollywood Studios:
    Playhouse Disney Live
    Toy Story Mania (Opening in May, not sure of height restriction)
    Fantasmic!
    Block Party Bash

MK:
    Pretty much everything!
    SpectroMagic Parade

I may have left things out, but those are off the top of my head! I'm sure others will list them!!!

Have a great time!!!
    Nice answer Kristen. You really put some time into giving some great details. Go girl.....

• RCMC BlackSmith

It is not so overwhelming when you actually get there. (>'')><(''<)
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post
    It is not so overwhelming when you actually get there. (>'')><(''<)
    I hope not!! I'm really looking forward to it!! Thank you one and all for your awesome answers and taking the time to help me make decisions. Everyone here is so great!

• Gawrsh!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
    Nice answer Kristen. You really put some time into giving some great details. Go girl.....

Thanks Lindsy!!!

• Banned User

I am so glad you get to go! I can not wait to see the trip report, and all the pics ( not just family, but of the acual parks to
    do not forget to budget in all the tipping you will be doing with the dining plan . 18 %
    I look forward to hearing all about your adventures!! we changed our dates, we did not want to go when the cheerleaders are there

• Minion

Hi Karla,
    I don't blame you for not wanting to go with a park full of cheerleaders... my daughter was one in junior high, I coached when she was in 8th grade. I remember Great America when the cheerleaders took it over for competition! Woah!!!!!!!!
    So when are you going now Karla??
    And no, I wont forget tipping. I already made up envelopes. One for each table service meal that I can fill with the correct amount for tips ahead of time. That way I don't have to worry about having the correct change or anything like that. I am figuring more than 18% in case I get really good service though. And then can tip accordingly!
    Let me know your plans Karla.

• Rear Window=Best Movie

Take your grand children on Buzz Lightyear!! It is the most addicting ride in the Magic Kingdom and the pictures are priceless! Have a Magical Trip!

• Banned User

Hi Karla,
    I don't blame you for not wanting to go with a park full of cheerleaders... my daughter was one in junior high, I coached when she was in 8th grade. I remember Great America when the cheerleaders took it over for competition! Woah!!!!!!!!
    So when are you going now Karla??
    And no, I wont forget tipping. I already made up envelopes. One for each table service meal that I can fill with the correct amount for tips ahead of time. That way I don't have to worry about having the correct change or anything like that. I am figuring more than 18% in case I get really good service though. And then can tip accordingly!
    Let me know your plans Karla.
    we are going the first week in November. I am feeling better about these dates, though my travel agent I am sure is tired of hearing from me I am now doing my dining plan again, and making reservations this week.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWImagineer View Post
    Take your grand children on Buzz Lightyear!! It is the most addicting ride in the Magic Kingdom and the pictures are priceless! Have a Magical Trip!
    Is it better then the one in disneyland? I thought that was the most cheeseiest ride ever.

• Rear Window=Best Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post

Is it better then the one in disneyland? I thought that was the most cheeseiest ride ever.
    Uh, YEAH! I'm not a HUGE fan of the dark rides, but Buzz Lightyear was really awesome. Be sure to check out Kilimanjaro Safari. Whatever the wait is. Fair Warning, the line can be 3 hours long.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast