Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Magic express..... how to find the bus?

I will be making reservations for this when the time comes, but I wanted to know where to go to get the bus, and can I just take my carry on luggage with me and not have it go thru the airport? I always bring all my carry on luggage with me, this way I do not have to stand around waiting for it to be unloaded, is this possible with the magic express? and how does one by pass check in and go directly to the gate? do we do this at the motel? thanks

• RCMC BlackSmith

Re: Magic express..... how to find the bus?

When I was there last, I saw it just pull up in a stop right beside where we were waiting to go to MK. (This was at the hotel)
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Here is the link for the page on AllEars.

• Disneyholic

It's fairly easy, you should receive special tags for your checked luggage make sure they are securely fastened and the information is correct on them. Check them as usual at your local airport. (note make sure you have backup luggage tags just in case.)

When you arrive in Orlando Follow the signs to the "B" side terminal and go down to Level 1 using either the escalators or elevators whichever you prefer. You'll see the Disney Airport Welcome center and a Cast Member will direct you to the proper bus stop for your resort where they will take your transfer tickets. Please note the buses make several stops so make sure you get off at the correct resort. (go ahead and laugh had a friend do that and we tease them about it...)

When you arrive at your resort you check in at the front desk and get set up with your room keys, park tickets. (note you will need to leave a credit card imprint for purchases made with your room key) You can then go and enjoy the parks and your luggage will be delivered to your room when it arrives.

Please note:
    Your luggage travels separately from you and may not be at the resort when you arrive, This may take several hours depending on how busy it is on that day, and apparently you must be on the bus for your luggage to transfer to the hotel. So make sure you pack EVERYTHING you will need for the first day in your carry on just in case, especially any and all medications. Make sure you double check with the TSA web site to make sure your not packing anything that is not allowed on your carry on baggage. I literally saw them tear apart a woman's luggage over a bottle of sunscreen a while back at BWI that was 2 oz over the limit, so have everything in your ziploc baggies and out of your luggage.

IMPORTANT: remember to take the MT tags off your bags BEFORE you travel home... Otherwise they may decide to go back on vacation at your resort than going home with you!
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• We'll hold them at bay

there will a huge throng of people with smiles on their faces, follow them. You should see an equally large number of depressed exhausted people coming the other way
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    there will a huge throng of people with smiles on their faces, follow them. You should see an equally large number of depressed exhausted people coming the other way

Um don't you mean Happy pixie dust covered people coming the other way?
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Um don't you mean Happy pixie dust covered people coming the other way?
    I'm always bummed
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• I was deleted.

I think Brad about covered it all. But just look for the DME people down at baggage claim and you're good. I believe it can technically take up to six hours for your luggage to arrive at the resort, so make sure you have what you need with you.

Question -- I thought I had heard of individuals using DME, but picking up their luggage from the carousel on their own and bringing it along with to their resort. Is that true? I'm sure they'd rather you just let them do it since it's a part of the system but I thought I had read that before.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    I think Brad about covered it all. But just look for the DME people down at baggage claim and you're good. I believe it can technically take up to six hours for your luggage to arrive at the resort, so make sure you have what you need with you.

Question -- I thought I had heard of individuals using DME, but picking up their luggage from the carousel on their own and bringing it along with to their resort. Is that true? I'm sure they'd rather you just let them do it since it's a part of the system but I thought I had read that before.
    I will be carrying mine own from start to finish! I just read on another board theres were lost for 2days I always take mine on the plan with me, no chance of anything getting lost. I use those space bags, and suck the air out and I can pack double the cloths. then I pack 2 duffles in the side compartment with a tags and use this to stuff the extra's for the trip home. it works awsome for me every time.

• Banned User

I will be carrying mine own from start to finish! I just read on another board theres were lost for 2days I always take mine on the plan with me, no chance of anything getting lost. I use those space bags, and suck the air out and I can pack double the cloths. then I pack 2 duffles in the side compartment with a tags and use this to stuff the extra's for the trip home. it works awsome for me every time.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    Just be careful of the additional luggage charges that airlines are now adding when you check more than one piece of luggage.

I'm getting in Friday night, and will have to find the bus Saturday morning. Where do I find them?
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Banned User

Just be careful of the additional luggage charges that airlines are now adding when you check more than one piece of luggage.
    what? are we not allowed 2 suit cases per person? I never heard of this please tell me more! I can still carry on my suitcase right?

• Minion

Wow...this makes me want to fly instead of drive!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    what? are we not allowed 2 suit cases per person? I never heard of this please tell me more! I can still carry on my suitcase right?
    You can bring a suitcase as a carry on as long as it fits in the overhead compartment. If its too big, they wont let you bring it onboard the plane, it will go with the rest of the luggage.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast