• Incognito

Blog Entries

Monte Carlo Steakhouse- Albuquerque

This past weekend I took a last minute trip to visit some friends in Albuquerque, and one night they took me to this restaurant.

http://www.999dine.com/nm/montecarlo/

It was featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" on the Food Network. It's a dive, definitely I hope to have some photos to post soon.

First of all, in order to get to the restaurant portion, you enter and walk through, a liquor store. Yes, you heard me right, a liquor store. It's very "speakeasy"-ish I must say.

As you can see from the photo, there is red naugahide as far as the eye can see! And yes, that is an Elvis picture painted on velvet on the wall. The decor is tres chic!

There was a 45 minute wait when we got there, so we got cocktails. I saw Grey Goose so I was safe. And they had Midori, so they made me my traditional Midori martini. But I think they only had one martini glass which was already in use, so mine came in a glass tumbler But, it was a VERY good cocktail. The hostess even commented on how good it looked and said she tasted the remnants from the shaker from the bartender. K-lassy!

When we finally got seated and ordered, and got our food, we were all astonished. The salad is nothing special, just iceberg lettuce, but for those that know me, that is the most Matt friendly salad on the planet, so I was happy We all got some type of steak and everyones was cooked to perfection! I'm very picky about my cooked steak, and they did it just great. The baked potatoes were so good, and SO HOT!!! They stayed hot for the entire meal. And the prices were just right.

If you ever find yourself in Albuquerque, stop by this quirky little liquor store/steakhouse for a very memorable meal. And pick up a bottle of sumpin' sumpin' as you walk out

• Bucket List Car

Re: Monte Carlo Steakhouse- Albuquerque

Next time you are in Albuquerque, go eat at Little Anita's. Best New Mexican food in the state, IMO! I lived in ABQ for 10 years; don't remember this place.