Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• River Guide & Mouseketeer

Re: What's the most RIDICULOUS/SCARY/AWESOME rollercoaster you have ever been on???

Mine would have to be Xcelerator at Knott's Berry Farm.

Re: What's the most RIDICULOUS/SCARY/AWESOME rollercoaster you have ever been on???

I'm going to have to say Superman Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England. You scream and scream and scream and scream.. and... you're only half done when you lose your voice.

Though with Rock N Rollercoaster at Hollywood Studios, I had to sit down after!

I do remember a wooden rollercoaster at Riverside (this is what Six Flags New England USED to be) scared the daylights out of me because, well, the bar lifted a little too much for my liking when we went REALLY FAST. One hand was wrapped around the bar, the other was around my boyfriend's hand. He had claw-hand for the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    It's funny to hear everybody's scariest ride is Superman at SFMM. I remember the first time I rode it, it was so scary looking.

Our daughter rode it when she was like 6 or 7, was freaking out (actually, the only ride she's ever ridden that's freaked her out that much). After the ride was over, she looks over at me and says "That's it?"

It was classic.
    I agree! My first ride was when it still hit 100MPH, and I was left with a severe case of "anticipointment" so to speak. Now that it goes nowhere near 100 anymore, it is one of those rides I just skip unless the line is super short.

I see Superman: The Escape as just another ride that falls into the category of "used to be fun" at Magic Mountain. I would love to see the Revolution, Colossus, and Superman restored to their former glory. The folks on this board that got to ride the first two in the early/mid 80's know exactly what I am talking about!

My best rollercoaster is actually "Eagle Fortress" at Everland in South Korea. It is a suspended rollercoaster (cars that swing like Ninja at Magic Mountain), but built on a mountain, in the middle of a forest! It is RIDICULOUS! The swinging is so intense you feel like you're doing barrel rolls, the trees are too close and it even got airtime!

As an extra motivation for going back there, Everland opened this year "T Express", the world's second largest wooden coaster, with the steepest drop on a wooden coaster!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123