Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• =)

Photos of abandoned amusement parks

Hey all! I just found this and thought I'd share it. Pretty crazy what nature will do to reclaim an area, even with such hallowed ground as an amusement park, eh? Pretty crazy stuff, though I've got to say, I didn't laugh when the woman in the pictures imitated the girl who really died there.

Re: Photos of abandoned amusement parks

Nevermind.
    Last edited by MickeyM; 07-17-2008 at 09:42 AM. Reason: nevermind

• =)

Hehe, yes, it was taken care of. I should have been more mindful of the different forums.

• Banned User

Thats awesome! Thanks for sharing that!

I sorta have a fascination with places that used to thrive, but are now abandoned and neglected. This is right up my alley.

I made a RCT3 park called Abandonland in RCT3 a while ago, it's pretty creepy. I put so many trees and bushes down in the park it started causing lag.

On a similar note, www.deadmalls.com is also worth checking out if you like this stuff.

Found this site about an amusment park, Lincoln Park, we used to go to all them time as kids so many good memories there. But alas it has been closed for over 20 years now and is very sad to see it in the state it is in now. Most of the coaster still stands but is scheduled to be torn down at the end of August to make way for houses. I always wanted to ride the Comet wooden rollar coaster but the park closed just before I made the height requirement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln...ssachusetts%29

• Mrs. J. Depp

Wow those pictures are really creepy!! They should really just tear these places down.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Oo-de-lally

All I have to say is WOW. Those were AMAZING pics. Thank you so much for that link. I sent it to a bunch of people at my work. I would love to visit that place. It looks like something out of a horror movie. I would give anything to play a huge game of hide and seek there. Maybe even a big paintball game. I love the Ferris wheel hidden behind plants.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Incognito

Blog Entries

That's very cool stuff. I like looking at windows.live.local, and google earth views of places that aren't around anymore. Like the 1982 Worlds Fair site in Knoxville, or the 1939/1964 Worlds Fair site in Flushing, or the 1939 expo on Treasure Island in San Francisco. Then compare old photos with what it looks like now. Yea, I'm a

• Mrs. J. Depp

There was this place in the East County of San Diego called Marshall Scottys back in the 80's and 90's. I had never been as a kid but always saw the commercials for it on TV. People had birthday parties there and there were rides and games. A few years ago I was visiting a friend in that area when I noticed this abandoned, run down little kids theme park with this rusted ferris wheel and stuff. It was so creepy and I realized that it was Marshall Scottys. It was weird.

I found another site of abandoned amusement park pictures.

http://www.baraskit.se/random/archiv...ld_tivoli.html

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Blog Entries

There's not much sadder to me than an abandoned amusement park like that. Its like looking at those pictures that I can just see ghosts of days gone by, of people running and laughing, but now its just dead. Its like a reminder of mortality. One of the saddest images I could ever imagine would be Walt Disney World shuttered, neglected, and grown over. Aside from losing a close friend or relative to death, there's nothing that would be sadder to me than that.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Photos of abandoned amusement parks

There's a place that's simply demanding to have some drunk, horny teenagers (with a broken car, no cell phone reception and dying batteries in the lone mini-mag lite) with a psycopathic killer on the loose. Opening Friday at a theater near you. (Wait! How do they know where you live?)

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

I had to go in a closed theme park for my job, I truly now believe that you can be scared to death, because I almost was. I had to go in their version of a haunted ride and they store costumes from shows gone by there, so there were aliens on one wall, costume bags hanging over my head, a wall of styrafoam heads with wigs, and I was looking for something and went through the emergency exit, where there was no light and the walls were painted black. There were hallways also painted black converging to this main exit hallway, there could have been someone standing in those hallways one inch away from me and I would never have known it, I panicked and ran for the emergency door, there was a small window through it and pulled the handle only to find it was locked! I turned around and faced the hallway back and all the dark hallways around it and ran through back to the main part of the ride and out of the building as fast as I could, I was completely creeped, whenever I go there I usually never see another person and it's got an eerie stilness to it. If I find a grey hair on my head anytime soon it's from that.
    Last edited by Megastrophy; 07-17-2008 at 06:49 PM.

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Megastrophy View Post
    I had to go in a closed theme park for my job, I truly now believe that you can be scared to death, because I almost was. I had to go in their version of a haunted ride and they store costumes from shows gone by there, so there were aliens on one wall, costume bags hanging over my head, a wall of styrafoam heads with wigs, and I was looking for something went through the emergency exit, where there was no light and the walls were painted black. There were hallways also painted black converging to this main exit hallway, there could have been someone standing in those hallways one inch away from me and I would never have known it, I paniced and ran for the emergency door, there was a small window through it and pulled the handle only to find it was locked! I turned around and faced the hallway back and all the dark hallways around it and ran through back to the main part of the ride and out of the building as fast as I could, I was completely creeped, whenever I go there I usually never see another person and it's got an eerie stilness to it. If I find a grey hair on my head anytime soon it's from that.
    WOW.. nice description. I got the creeps myself just thinking about it.

Nice find Datameister. These kind of sites are awesome. A chance to see what once was a place of fun and laughs for locals to now a rotting, empty, ghost town taken over by nature.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Cool Re: Photos of abandoned amusement parks

[quote=IzzyInWonderland;2973362]There was this place in the East County of San Diego called Marshall Scottys back in the 80's and 90's. I had never been as a kid but always saw the commercials for it on TV. People had birthday parties there and there were rides and games. A few years ago I was visiting a friend in that area when I noticed this abandoned, run down little kids theme park with this rusted ferris wheel and stuff. It was so creepy and I realized that it was Marshall Scottys. It was weird.

I totally remember Marshall Scottys too!! I used to go there all the time when I was younger. Yeah, its super creepy now though. We went by last year and took some pictures because it's so odd looking. The weirdest part is that someone lives on the property. There is a house and a mailbox. Who would live there and leave everything that way??

All those pictures everyone has posted are so awesome

• The line's too long...

Awesome link, thank you!

I could see a whole coffee table book with abandoned amusements. Or they would make for a good yearly Halloween party.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast