Has anyone used the new back entrance to Legoland from the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort?

Has anyone used this entrance yet? If so, where exactly does it enter the park at? Is it in the Pirate Shores area?

I'm also very interested in the timing of the opening. Is it earlier, same time or later than the front entrance opening? Is there a rope drop like they do sometimes at the front entrance or do they just let people in one at a time through the turnstiles? I really want to get to Lost Kingdom Adventures first thing. Does anyone knows if you can beat the front gate crowds to this attraction at opening. Distance wise Im guessing its slightly longer to get there but if the entrance opens earlier it may be possible to get there earlier.

Any info greatly appreciated.

• The Dudester

Re: Has anyone used the new back entrance to Legoland from the Sheraton Carlsbad Reso

The back gate enters right the the Hideaways attraction in Castle Hill. From there make a left, follow the path down the hill from Knight's tournament and you're there. I do believe the gate opens at the same time as the front gate, but it would be a bit closer the the Lost Kingdom Adventure if that's where you want to go first.

Re: Has anyone used the new back entrance to Legoland from the Sheraton Carlsbad Reso

ok thanx.

Still trying to figure out exactly what happens at opening. Called the Sheraton and Legoland and neither was very helpful. Do you know how many turnstiles they have in the back and if there is a ropedrop at opening?

• The Dudester

As far as I know there is nothing "special" that goes on at the back gate as far as a rope drop or anything. It simply opens at 10am everyday and closes 30 minutes after the park closes. The advantages are that you don't have to pay for parking, and it's closer to Lost Kingdom