Thread: Knott's 7-19

• "I Break Things"

Knott's 7-19

It's been a while since I posted a Knott's TR... in that time Tinkmomma and I discovered that while our son isn't a "thrill seeker", our oldest daughter is! Sadly the youngest two were asleep for the first couple rides... But I will start this thread with one fact.

I will start this thread by saying that my little girl... did Woodstock's Airmail. This part had me a bit scared that it wouldn't go over as well as it did in line...

Then I saw this

And then the whole up/down thingy

Yeah she had fun!

After this little ride she took her brother over to the Red Baron (sorry no photos) and took a ride. Then headed over to Huff n Puff...

Oddly this "thrill seeker" hated being the last car. She hated it so much she just sat there

I felt so bad because she wanted to go, but didn't want to push (she hated being the last car) so the ride operator had to help her... but as you can see they were all small so the RO actually pushed everyone for the most part

Round 2 went a lot better

"Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Goofy

Re: Knott's 7-19

aww. that is so cute thanks for sharing. you know what? I don't think the rides at knott's aren't really scary except 1 or two. That would be excelerator and ghostrider.

I enjoy going to knotts by myself. I can't until halloween haunt.

• "I Break Things"

Somewhere around Round 2 the little ones woke up

And so we headed to Log Peeler. Is it odd that my kids WERE THE LINE... for a few minutes

Nice thing about it is that they can pair up

And the girls

Then the favorite... Calico Mine Train

Baby's big smile

If you have never been there, one of the highlights of Calico Mine Train is the queue. It has a stream running through it and several water falls. It is HIGHLY immersive... water, plus kids, equals play

Daddy and Baby

• "I Break Things"

We stopped after Calico to watch the stunt BMX/Skating show... which was fun. Swab would have a field day with the complete break in Western Theme... but it was fun. Too loud if you ask me. We stood on the other side of the railroad tracks, better view, and heard everything at a tolerable level. Sorry, no pics. So my next pic will probably make a few people cry. I am not sure who remembers the old lagoon, which had the paddlewheel, train, and water/light show... this is what it is now

To me that is depressing, but it is on the way to the carousel. I shot a pic of the sign because the history of it is AMAZING

There is going to be a dedication at the Santa Ana Zoo for a new "endangered species" carousel. I can't help but think it was inspired by many earlier ones including this beauty. You have the standard horses

And then the more exotic like a ostrich

Or a bear

All the kids

And so ends the report.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Your reports are always so enjoyable.

There WERE two band organs on that carousel. The "upstairs" on and another that was in the center. The both essentially were played till they quit during the Van Gorder era. The on on the carousel is rumoured to be in a shed on property, the upstairs one facing over Fiesta Village is just dead. What you hear is recordings from Klavier records.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    There WERE two band organs on that carousel. The "upstairs" on and another that was in the center. The both essentially were played till they quit during the Van Gorder era. The on on the carousel is rumoured to be in a shed on property, the upstairs one facing over Fiesta Village is just dead. What you hear is recordings from Klavier records.
    I just enjoyed the history of it.

• Ok time for cocoa

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Not in a shed, in the mine ride maintenance shop. It has been painted but not put together.

Thanks Skip another great TR.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    Not in a shed, in the mine ride maintenance shop. It has been painted but not put together.

If I were to post one complaint about Knott's it would be a lack of variety for little kids. Disney also has a similar issue, but it is more pronounced at Knott's due to the amount of height restricted rides. The kids LOVE the rides. but we seem to fall in a specific pattern on almost every visit. There really is a limitation as to what they can do at their age.

Honestly though, we love Knott's. I may not always post about it, but we find ourselves there for at least a few hours every weekend (just got back a couple hours ago actually). I see Knott's in the same way I see Disneyland. The AP's allow me to spend time with my family, and to watch the little ones have some fun.

Side note... today all 3 went on Woodstock's Airmail!

• E T1CK3T

Those pics of the little skips in the Huff n' Puff cars really brings back memories for me of when I rode those little things. They were sooo fun! By the rest of the pics, it looks like all of you had fun! Great report, as always Skip!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post

Okay great, but will it PLAY.?