Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Banned User

Re: My Great Pacific Northwest Journey

Pengy this was a wopnderful trip report. loved reading and the pictures. those flights were a nightmare !! thank you for your trip report !

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    And.....

Which had this attached to their pen. (It was one llama and two alpaca’s.)

Yeah... makes me want to reach out and touch someone....

This one was laying there, chewing its cud, and making strange whinning noises that sounded just like a person whinning... at least, until my daughter came over and I said, “Listen to this!”

Silence......

My daughter gave me that... uh huh right look....

No! Really! I heard it! It was talking to ME!

Word.....I see you smirking under all that hair...

Pengy first off, this is one of the BEST reports I have ever read! I am glad I am not the only one who takes pictures of the flight screens and other area details. I always feel like a nerd and people seem to give me the crook eye since I am taking photos of such "boring" items but they make for such fun filler in reports like this!

Second, the photos and commentary were incredible. You are so good at remembering all the details from the spots you visited! I am lucky to recall what state I was in and the date I visited by the time I return home.

Finally, HUGE props that you know the difference between llamas and alpacas! Most people think they are the same but llamas are pack animals who are generally larger than alpacas who are bred for their soft, silky, dense coat that comes in 22 colors vs the llamas' 5 fiber variations. The term llama is used for alpacas but as you noted, they are a breed all their own. In addition, you are not crazy and that alpaca probably was making noises at you that sounded quite human like. Llamas (and alpacas) make sounds that resemble a human's hum. They use it to communicate and make this noise when they are tired, distraught, curious, or worried. In addition, mama llamas are known to hum to their newborn babies as a greeting. They use their humming for a number of reasons but also orgle (similar to a human's gargle), cluck, and have a loud rhythmic alarm call to alert the heard of danger. Okay, no quiz today and llama class is dismissed.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Aww... thanks LL. It was a lot of fun putting it together. You know, before MiceChat, I never would of thought about taking pictures of things like flight screens and such. But now, every journey is a potential trip report, so has I go along I sort of plan in my mind how I would put certain things in.

Remembering details? Thats what Google is for.

Well as an animal loving type of person, knowing the difference between llamas and alpacas was pretty easy. I always thought raising alpacas would be interesting. A lot of work... but interesting. And I spend a lot of time watching Animal Planet. :

And thanks for all the info on their "talking!!" Its nice to know, I wasn't nuts!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    I am loving this report. I have not flown into a small airport in so long that I forgot what its like to go out to the tarmac. My favorite posted picture so far is Pengy in the Ocean.
    That's my favorite too.

Pengy...what an awesome trip report. You went so many cool places and took so many wonderful pictures. You even included llamas!

I don't see a kitty in the cloud! But I do see an angel!

Thanks again for sharing.

And lucky you getting to ride on those small planes!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Thanks Anne! Hey, angels count too!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Aww... thanks LL. It was a lot of fun putting it together. You know, before MiceChat, I never would of thought about taking pictures of things like flight screens and such. But now, every journey is a potential trip report, so has I go along I sort of plan in my mind how I would put certain things in.

Remembering details? Thats what Google is for.

Well as an animal loving type of person, knowing the difference between llamas and alpacas was pretty easy. I always thought raising alpacas would be interesting. A lot of work... but interesting. And I spend a lot of time watching Animal Planet. :

And thanks for all the info on their "talking!!" Its nice to know, I wasn't nuts!!!
    Pengy it is is good to have a fellow Animal Planet AND llama lover on MiceChat!

I cannot wait for the next trip report so start packing and find a new vacation destination!

PS - Google is my best friend...I don't know how I lived without it

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345