• Iron-Clad Allie

New Sesame Street Land (Coaster, Log Flume, 4-D Show) Coming To Busch Gardens

http://www.newsadvance.com/lna/news/...med_park/7265/

According to the above report, a Sesame Street themed land is coming to Busch Gardens Europe. The land will include 4 rides - two of them being a roller coaster and a log flume. Several wet and dry areas will be added as well. A new 4-D attraction will be offered as well. The title will be Sesame Street presents Lights, Camara, Imagination. This willl all certainly overshadow Disney's Muppet Vision 4-D. Disney had better update it's ancient stateside Sesame Street attraction or face getting it's proverbial butt kicked - especially if Busch Gardens should build one of these lands in Florida.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-13-2008 at 04:42 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: New Sesame Street Land (Coaster, Log Flume, 4-D Show) Coming To Busch Gardens

Too bad it's not coming to Busch Gardens Tampa. I may be in my mid 30's, but Cookie Monster rules!

Re: New Sesame Street Land (Coaster, Log Flume, 4-D Show) Coming To Busch Gardens

I wonder if Colbert is going to this area of the park.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Minion

BGE needs another ride like Curse of Darkastle. You know, another highly themed and immersive ride that most guests regardless of age can enjoy. I never really associate The Muppets with Sesame Street. To me, Sesame Street is mainly for kids, and The Muppets are for everybody. If DHS ever got around to building the Muppet Studios land it has the potential to be awesome.

The 4D film sounds like it's the attraction from the Universal Studios Japan attraction that's been running for a few years. If so, it should be a pretty good quality attraction. This sounds interesting, I wonder if the log flume will be themed ala Splash Mountain.

-Skip

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Too bad it's not coming to Busch Gardens Tampa. I may be in my mid 30's, but Cookie Monster rules!
    When it comes to Disney, never say never.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    I wonder if Colbert is going to this area of the park.
    One does have to wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    The 4D film sounds like it's the attraction from the Universal Studios Japan attraction that's been running for a few years. If so, it should be a pretty good quality attraction. This sounds interesting, I wonder if the log flume will be themed ala Splash Mountain.

-Skip
    Universal would likely desire to have a log flume ride that is similar to Splash Mountin. Though, they absolutely don't want anything to do with Disney lawyers.

Did you guys see the concept art: https://images.buschgardensnews.com/...1368&style=bgw

From the official site.

The flume is looking very cool, but the boats don't seem big enough to hold an adult.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Did you guys see the concept art: https://images.buschgardensnews.com/...1368&style=bgw

From the official site.

The flume is looking very cool, but the boats don't seem big enough to hold an adult.
    For a typical kid's land, it looks nice, but it's obviously a kid's land. The Log Flume looks like in goes in a circle and over one terrifying and record breaking 2 foot drop.

• Iron-Clad Allie

From the official site.

Thanks for linking us to the site. The character boats look way cool. The boats are designed for both kids and adults.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    For a typical kid's land, it looks nice, but it's obviously a kid's land. The Log Flume looks like in goes in a circle and over one terrifying and record breaking 2 foot drop.
    Oh! The perils!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-13-2008 at 04:44 PM.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing them find some way to bring the Sesame characters into the Tampa park, but I don't see us getting a whole kiddie land like this one. Where would they put it and what would they get rid of to make room for it? I mean, didn't we JUST get Jungala?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing them find some way to bring the Sesame characters into the Tampa park, but I don't see us getting a whole kiddie land like this one. Where would they put it and what would they get rid of to make room for it? I mean, didn't we JUST get Jungala?
    Oh, BGT could find a place along it's perameters to expand - especially in order toget in the face of Disney.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Oh, BGT could find a place along it's perameters to expand - especially in order toget in the face of Disney.
    Isn't a lot of Jungala (other than the animals) mainly for kids? BGA needs a family dark ride/thrill ride combo like Curse of Darkastle. Something along those lines would be really good competition for Disney. Of course, Curse of Darkastle is similar in technology to Spider-man, but BGA needs some kind of top notch family dark ride/thrill ride combo to really compete with the Orlando parks.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Isn't a lot of Jungala (other than the animals) mainly for kids?
    That was pretty much my point. We already have a brand new kids area so we don't need another one featuring Sesame characters. That doesn't mean there aren't opportunities to incorporate them in other ways of course, we just don't have need of an entire land.

• Mkcoastie

From the official site.

the boats in the concept art are actually the boats from the existing kiddie log flume in "land of the draggons" which is accros the park in germany

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by mkcoastie View Post
    the boats in the concept art are actually the boats from the existing kiddie log flume in "land of the draggons" which is accros the park in germany
    Perhaps Busch Gardens is purchasing the boats and retheming them.