Thread: Knotts hours

• Master of Disaster

Knotts hours

So at work we have coupons for season passes to Knott's for only 79 bucks.

Its very tempting except for the fact that Knott's has the WORST hours ever!

outside of the few months of summer the park is closed by 6pm during the week (including friday) and are only open late (10pm is late?) one day of the week!

anyone else think Knott's needs better operating hours? If they closed at 8 during the week I would buy a pass and go for a few hours on a weekday but as it is now if i get off at 5... i cant go.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Knotts hours

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15 View Post
    So at work we have coupons for season passes to Knott's for only 79 bucks.

Its very tempting except for the fact that Knott's has the WORST hours ever!

outside of the few months of summer the park is closed by 6pm during the week (including Friday) and are only open late (10pm is late?) one day of the week!

anyone else think Knott's needs better operating hours? If they closed at 8 during the week I would buy a pass and go for a few hours on a weekday but as it is now if i get off at 5... i cant go.
    Yes, Knott's hours are a bit strange in the off-season, but there are a few reasons why.

This time of year, it is pretty obvious, and that is due the Haunt. In September to prepare and get some practice in, in October, for the actual event.

But Knott's makes a LOT of money on private events, especially school dances, where on a Friday Night you might find 4 seperate large schools renting out halls, having dinner and the dance, and usually some selected attractions.

Also, the Charles Schultz Theater is rented out, with many competitions and TV shows being filmed in the theater, that seats over 2,000 folks.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Master of Disaster

well I knew about haunt but thanks for the info on the other reasons... but why not be open longer when the places AREN'T being rented out? I know that would make the hours really erratic but maybe pass sales and ticket sales would increase a bit.

• Circle of Ancients

Honestly, on a weekday during the fall, you could go to the park during the day and have less than 1000 people in the park. Seriously.

Usually when we go to Haunt we would go into the park at about 2pm so we could ride all the rides and not have to worry about having to do it during Haunt. We coudl ride everything, multiple times in 2 or 3 hours.

Why would they keep the park open later for 1000 people even when they don't have it rented out.

• Functional & Decorative

Knott's is better than Six Flags in this regard. Magic Mountain was closed by 8:00pm on a Saturday night during Spring Break! They also frequently close by 6:00pm in the off-season.

I'd say most parks across the country (Disney excepted) are typically open until 6 or 8 during off season time... or just closed altogether! Another case of "California spoiled", where parks can be open daily, year round... most of the rest of the country is shutting down daily operation after this weekend!
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Master of Disaster

But ive always wonder if half the reason Disney hits the attendance numbers they do during the week is also because they are open later than any other park... more time in the park is more bang for the buck you know?

I cant tell you how many times ive skipped DCA because it closes at 6 anyway and it wouldnt be worth my time to go in there for a few hours.

• "I Break Things"

What pissed me off is that it is a holiday weekend. I thought "Knott's is all about holidays... probably open late this Friday on account of the Labor Day "end of summer" holiday weekend... so we showed up to locked gates at 7pm!

I always thought Knott's closed at 8pm during the week... not 7pm... I could swear that was the case but the last time I had a pass (present pass excluded) was 98! We still will get a lot of use out of it on the weekends, but the shortened hours will prevent us from even attempting it during the week.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"