Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Halloween Horror Nights -Orlando- Reflections of Fear

Halloween
    Horror
    Nights

"Who knows where true madness lies..."
    "Just remember, when you look into a mirror... It is also looking back at you..."

Begin your descent into a world of opposites, distortions, and terror beyond reasoning. Decide your path, and try not to lose your way, because once you step into the mirror willingly, there will be no one to help you, no one will hear you beg for mercy, and no one will stitch you up when the blood leaves your body.

Face your deepest fears as Bloody Mary brings History's most terrifying urban legends to life. There's nowhere you're safe in the most immersive horror experience ever.

8 All-New Terrifying Haunted Houses
    6 All-New Bone-Chilling Scare Zones
    3 Gripping Live Stage Shows

for dates and prices, please visit:
    Florida haunted houses and other behind the scenes information

Haunted Houses:

To Suffering there is a limit
    To Fearing, None.

Noted Psychiatrist Dr. Mary Agana believed that if a subject was constantly forced to experience what they feared the most, then over time they would become numb to the idea of actually fearing it. Unfortunately for us, Dr. Mary’s fear is that of death, and the only way for her to cure herself is to watch the light leave your eyes as your soul leaves your body.

Bite the apple and your eyes shall see...
    ...The way these tales ought to be...

Find yourself “Once Upon a Nightmare” as you wind your way across a landscape filled with cherished fairy tales as they have never been told before. The Evil Queen’s scribes have written a new chapter on terror, where princesses don’t get saved, children don’t find their way out of the woods, and there is no escape from the rabbit hole.

"Thems creatures, ain't they Pa?"
    "Yes, son. Thems creatures."
    -AtomiComics'
    "Strange Tales" No. 24

Creatures straight from the cover of AtomiComics’ “Strange Tales” burst forth to rampage and massacre the backwoods locals. Join Johnny, Cleet, Jim Deedle and the rest of the gang at the Butchered Buck as they fight off this terrifying invasion of creatures from who knows where.

It can only be attributable to human error

Prided among the scientific community as the greatest achievement in the history of mankind, the NSO COLUMBUS 1492 is the first manned spacecraft to leave the relative safety of our solar system. When the ship disappears for several years, and then reappears just outside the orbit of our moon, your rescue team is sent to investigate. They find that an artifact the crew brought on board causes destruction and forces you to witness Interstellar Terror.

Enter the realm where the flash of a camera reveals horrors beyond comprehension, leaving you in "total" darkness with Hell's Army of the Undead!

Charlie McPherson, a noted tabloid photographer, has always wanted something more in life than photographing celebs at their worst. One night, Charlie gets his wish when the city he resides in becomes overrun with flesh-eating Zombies. Trapped in his downtown loft with bloodthirsty Zombies just outside, Charlie captures the last horror-filled moments of his life on film and you are with him every step of the way.

You're going there?
    If there is such thing as hell on earth, that's it.

Post-apocalyptic Scotland breeds madness as the Reaper virus ravages the populace, leaving those left behind after the plague to survive by any means necessary. Do you have what it takes to make it out alive?
    – Based on the blockbuster Universal Pictures release.

Well, kiddo,
    I thought you outgrew superstition-

Where do the traditions we observe each Halloween come from? It is said that every Halloween within the blackest parts of the forest, Samhain, The Lord of the Underworld, lives again and the souls of the damned beckon you. For if you journey deep enough, you will see that Samhain’s traditions are trapped within The Hallow.

Experience teaches us that silence terrifies most people.

With their history shrouded in legend, “The Collectors”, have been assembling a collection of untold numbers of souls for centuries. Using mass-murders and plagues to cover their ghoulish activities, these ghoulish artisans are constantly searching for the next specimen to add to their macabre museum. But, when there is no plague or Jack “The Ripper,” there are only the Collectors, Collecting…Collecting…

Scare Zones:

"Step into the Looking Glass..."
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

Stepping through the Looking Glass, you find yourself in the depths of Wonderland, journeying through the nightmare that Alice couldn’t escape. The wonderful figures you once believed to inhabit this fantastical place have been peering into the Looking Glass themselves and have come face to face with Bloody Mary.

"Once Upon a Time... is over."

Enter your favorite fairy tales and find out what happens when Grimm goes wrong. Witness these stories through the lens of their reality. Look closely and you will find the terrible truths that lie just below the sweet appearance of these classic tales. You will learn a thing or two about yourself, but by then it may be too late.

"Going so soon? I wouldn't hear of it. Why my little party's just beginning."
    "You'll believe in more then that before I'm finished with you."
    "Oh, now we'll never get back to Kansas, Toto..."

What if the Wicked Witch had won? Because every story has more than a few sides, view OZ as it has never been seen before. In this reflection, The Wicked Witch of the West has done away with Dorothy and seized control of the merry old land of OZ for herself.

"We don't need no education..."
    "September, October, November,
    Now it's time to remember
    The Trick or Treat time of year
    Bloody Mary will show you fear
    'Cause murder is the lesson
    Skool is now in session..."

Mr. Renshaw’s class has always been good. Mr. Renshaw’s class has never broken the rules. Mr. Renshaw’s class has always been perfect little angels. All of that changes when the kids from the Skoolhouse “cut” class. The children of the quaint town of Carey, Ohio are out to teach everyone that their version of Trick or Treat may be the difference between your life and death.

Lizzie Borden took an axe
    And gave her mother forty whacks
    And when she saw what she had done
    She gave her father forty-one...

Some legends allow a simple man or woman to remain immortal. Some deeds, so dark, take a simple person and transform them into lore. America’s past has been filled with these dark deeds, sorted characters and unbelievable acts of horror. Reflect upon your own mortality as you venture through history with the infamous Lizzie Borden as your guide.

"Do not underestimate the determination of a quiet man."

An ancient group known simply as “The Body Collectors” has been devoted to the collection and sacrificing of bodies for millennia. They have escaped notoriety by using plagues, wars, serial killings and mass disappearances as the cover for their collecting. These mysterious “Quiet Gentlemen” are now in Victorian London, covering their heinous acts with Jack “The Ripper” as their scapegoat. But, there is no “Ripper”…There are only Collectors, collecting, collecting, collecting…

Shows:

The Rocky Horror Picture Show:
    A Tribute
    Mad scientist Dr. Frank-N-Furter, Rocky Horror and other famous Rocky Horror Picture Show characters return, bringing the musical mayhem of the classic horror spoof to life on-screen and on-stage with live performers singing and dancing in outrageous costumes. The tribute will be interactive with audience participation and on-stage guest involvement.

Brian Brushwood
    Based on his popularity as a part of last year’s Freak Show, Brian Brushwood returns, but this time, with his own show. Full of the most intense, riveting and disturbing feats you’ve ever seen performed live, this year, Brian will take his performance to a whole new level, presenting some of his signature acts in his own show.

Bill & Ted's
    Excellent Halloween Adventure
    Bill S. Preston Esq. and Ted Theodore Logan return with an all-new, especially excellent Halloween adventure featuring a who’s who of notorious celebrity guest stars.

Commercial:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUNljXEjN0Y

• Yeah.....

Re: Halloween Horror Nights -Orlando- Reflections of Fear

GAWD! if I only had the money and the time, I would seriously make a trip out to florida just for this every year! WHY does everything over there have to be leaps and bounds over what we get stuck with here? it actually makes me sad seeing this awesomeness there and then seeing that we get "treated" with a complete repeat of last year! ugh, my friends don't even want to take the drive out to hollywood to see the same things again, and I don't blame them, I hope Universal sees a sharp drop in sales compared to last year and that they learn from their mistake, i know they lost my 50 bucks.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

The commercial itself scares me!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i'm really bummed we prolly won't be able to make it out to HHN Orlando again until next year, this year looks awesome
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    i'm really bummed we prolly won't be able to make it out to HHN Orlando again until next year, this year looks awesome
    I wish I could go at all! HHN Orlando each year is so promising.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I normally hate this kind of stuff, but the Path of the Wicked/Oz house sounds really interesting. I have always wondered what would've happened if the Witch of the West had won.

And I would KILL to see the Rocky Horror and Bill & Ted shows. I saw videos of these from last year and went completely ape over them.

The rest I would totally pass on though as I can't stand blood & gore.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    And I would KILL to see the Rocky Horror and Bill & Ted shows. I saw videos of these from last year and went completely ape over them.

they Rocky tribute show was AWESOME last year, i was hoping they'd have that show at HHN Hollywood this year..but no

the Bill and Ted show at Orlando wasn't quite as good as the one in Hollywood i thought, but still very entertaining..

and i got to take my pic with Bill and Ted!
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

I normally hate this kind of stuff, but the Path of the Wicked/Oz house sounds really interesting. I have always wondered what would've happened if the Witch of the West had won.
    Yeah that one, the Brothers Grimm one and Wonderland sound really good, maybe even the fairy tales one.

I don't like this stuff, but I am curious. Do they allow filming?

• Crazy Furry

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLoup View Post
    I don't like this stuff, but I am curious. Do they allow filming?
    Only for the scare zones.

All the houses, Bill and Ted and the Rocky Horror Tribute strictly prohibit filming/flash photography etc. (I will have to point out though, don't use flash photography in a scare zone unless you have the actors permission.)
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

They may prohibit it, but you'll still find videos that pop up on YouTube. Though I'd love to see video of some of these houses because I've heard the sets are just amazingly done.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

They may prohibit it, but you'll still find videos that pop up on YouTube. Though I'd love to see video of some of these houses because I've heard the sets are just amazingly done.
    Yeah I was just watching last years houses (even though they were really dark) and the outside area. They use every bit of area they can it seems, they even used the Bates house and Motel, (in Hollywood.) Of course they don't know there own movies and did the Bates House wrong.

From what I saw in the videos they are very well done.
    Last edited by AlexLoup; 09-02-2008 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    WHY does everything over there have to be leaps and bounds over what we get stuck with here? it actually makes me sad seeing this awesomeness there and then seeing that we get "treated" with a complete repeat of last year!
    Their licensing deal with New Line Cinema was made to last for several years. Since repeating the same event in Orlando would create a much larger backlash, it was safer to use those characters in Hollywood. I also don't think Hollywood has complete faith in their event yet.

Even Orlando has had some budget issues in recent years, like the lack of scare zones last year, but it seems the folks upstairs have finally loosened the purse strings this time. In fact, I've heard this will likely be the most expensive HHN they've ever held, and they've already hired a larger cast than ever before.
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 09-02-2008 at 02:54 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    Only for the scare zones.

All the houses, Bill and Ted and the Rocky Horror Tribute strictly prohibit filming/flash photography etc. (I will have to point out though, don't use flash photography in a scare zone unless you have the actors permission.)
    i was able to take several ISO pix of both shows in Orlando, and some in the mazes here in Hollywood. but i had to turn off my display screen so they didn't know i was taking pictures, which i can understand, too many people i'm sure go thru taking flash photos right and left...and those of us that know better have to suffer for it
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

HHN has always been strict about not taking photos in the houses, but the prohibition during Bill & Ted is fairly new. As the event has grown more popular, word has gotten out and the companies who own the characters they use in the show have gotten sue happy. Especially Disney (who they find a way to mock every year.) They hate seeing copies of the show on YouTube.

• Why do you keep talking?

I'm so pumped for HHN this year at USO, more so then Knott's! And that's mostly because I like haunted houses for their set design more then the talent and Universal's Budget blows Knott's out of the water (not that I'm not also looking forward to what Knott's offers this year with so many new mazes)
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast